Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my Joker exclusive from SS today. Easily the best Joker released by Hot toys.

Pros

-PERS Headsculpt looks great. It's the perfect blend of likeness with a little stylization added to it. It combines many different elements from the movie without being based on any specific scene. I look at it and I know exactly who it is supposed to be. After using the bank robber head as my Joker for so many years now, it is nice to have a Joker with green hair again. The PERS mechanism is the best I have seen on any DX so far. Love the shorter stick, feels very durable.

-The tailoring is awesome, especially the shirt, vest and tie.

-Accessories galore. You get pretty much everything you would want for a purple coat Joker, the only thing missing really is the Bazooka (and I guess the grenade rig which I used for 5 minutes on my DX01 when I had it).

-The dio. It's really well done. Yes it is only a piece of cardboard but it looks really sharp. Great way to have the interrogation set up without breaking the bank (like buying that 3rd party $200 and some version).

-The hands are awesome. I like all of the various expressions and the paint work on both the bare and gloved hands.

Cons

-The laughing head. It looks really weird and the sculpting is not as good. Way too scene specific, I find it looks like Joker's going **** instead of laughing hahaha. I've never been a fan of extreme facial expressions like this. It's one of those things you will use for 5 minutes and then never again. Would have preferred either the one head with a lower price tag or a bazooka and second chair instead.

-One chair. It really should have come with 2.

-Purple coat. The tailoring is great, but that purple fuzzy material is pretty crappy. Looks good far away but up close it is really noticeable. It would be great for a 1/6 bathrobe.

-Buttons on the outfit. Those little cheap plastic snaps are awful. I had to undress my Joker since the head was not on the neck peg properly and one of the snaps on the vest was almost broken off out of the box (before I took it off). If I feel ambitious one day I will replace them with metal ones like I did on the coat for my Nicholson Joker. They make metal ones very similar in size, there is no reason to cheap out, especially at $275 for this figure.

-Grumpy mask. It is well made but is a really lame exclusive accessory. I find it hard to believe that Hot Toys and Sideshow couldn't have thought of something better. It will probably never leave the box again after looking at it. Something like the champagne glass with shrimp or crowbar would have been cooler.

Overall I am really happy with this release. This for all intents and purposes is my ultimate Nolan Joker. Hopefully with this out of the way, HT will focus on Batman Begins a little more and give us a Ras.

I'm honesly sick of Adam sculpt , it's the same sheeeeeet for the last 3 years , the DX11 is a breath of fresh air IMO.

I agree. I swear there are more photos of it in this thread than the actual DX11. It's cool that people love it and are eager to share photos but I wish they would do it in the custom thread. It is kind of irritating searching the thread for pictures of the actual release.

I'm honesly sick of Adam sculpt , it's the same sheeeeeet for the last 3 years , the DX11 is a breath of fresh air IMO.

The Face is too skinny

:nana:

I fixed your quote for you thusly... :)wink1:)

I'm honestly sick because I can't afford to own Adam's sculpt, it's the lack of funds for the last 3 years, the DX11 is a sub-par effort on Hot Toys account IMO.

The Box is too purple.

I kid...

Would have preferred either the one head with a lower price tag or a bazooka and second chair instead.

Something like the champagne glass with shrimp or crowbar would have been cooler.
Sorry to just pick those parts out of your review lol (that was a good review), but even though I don't have this yet, I would've loved any or all of those accessories. Especially the champagne glass, that's brilliant and I never thought of that! I'm going to try and find a 1/6 one somewhere. :)

I tried taking both jackets off, but I can't seem to pull off the grey blazer. I chickened out and I'm now trying to put the overcoat back on. This figure's clothing is TIGHT!

If you pull the arms back behind his back in a getting handcuffed kind of way it is pretty easy to get all the top pieces off.

If you pull the arms back behind his back in a getting handcuffed kind of way it is pretty easy to get all the top pieces off.

Yeah, that's what I did, but it wouldn't seem to slip down past his shoulders. I'll probably try again eventually. I had a little black "button" come off the blazer too. I assume it was barely glued on.

The plastic vest snaps are ridiculous too. Bane got metal ones, and this $300 figure got plastic. :cuckoo:

:lecture
I have both HT and EB sculpt, I second this opinion.
Combined with HT dx parts, this figure is in my top 3 all time favorite.

We agree again...:hi5:

...putting on best yoda voice... I sense much anger in you of late young Ecko...

The Face is too skinny

The Face is too skinny

I agree. I swear there are more photos of it in this thread than the actual DX11. It's cool that people love it and are eager to share photos but I wish they would do it in the custom thread. It is kind of irritating searching the thread for pictures of the actual release.

:goodpost::exactly:

I never was crazy on any of Adam's sculpt, He can clearly sculpt ledger and I love how he does the hair but once he paints them I dunno.. actually It could very well just be that bored expression he keeps doing, I will say in terms of quality and finish they are great.

Adam's sculpts are beautiful but lifeless for me. There's no mischief or personality there, simply 3D sculpts of a screen shot. The likenesses are second to none, but a sculpt needs a sense of life about it to truly capture the essence of a person or character.

Of course, knowing how bored he seemingly became with the entire process from anecdotes here and there, there's probably a good reason his sculpts are devoid of passion or personality. I feel like past his first two or three, he was simply going through the motions.

-Buttons on the outfit. Those little cheap plastic snaps are awful. I had to undress my Joker since the head was not on the neck peg properly and one of the snaps on the vest was almost broken off out of the box (before I took it off). If I feel ambitious one day I will replace them with metal ones like I did on the coat for my Nicholson Joker. They make metal ones very similar in size, there is no reason to cheap out, especially at $275 for this figure.

The plastic vest snaps are ridiculous too. Bane got metal ones, and this $300 figure got plastic. :cuckoo:

:exactly::gah::mad: hate those cheap a** snaps.

Adam's sculpts are beautiful but lifeless for me. There's no mischief or personality there, simply 3D sculpts of a screen shot. The likenesses are second to none, but a sculpt needs a sense of life about it to truly capture the essence of a person or character.

:goodpost: There is likeness and really, Adam is second to none as far as that's concerned, but there is also spirit and I agree with cr0w, often his Joker's are lacking some of the spark or spirit of the character. Would I display one if I could? Absolutely. I do appreciate his talent. But, as a Joker fan, I can honestly say I don't need an Adam Joker to make my collection feel complete.

I would agree. Which is why I care more about the character and seeing the character than I am about likeness. Of course I want it to resemble the actor, but it's not what makes or breaks a figure.

Adam have made quite a lot of Ledger as Joker expressions, just that most people bought the calm looking one as its the one that really shows Ledger likeness the best, compared to the more expressive ones like the hit me, laughing or tounge out ver.

Back