Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:dunno:dunno:dunno:dunno

8a175cadfbec4acebad09e5.jpg

8fe781545a6a40d99c99747.jpg

That's why there is a difference between 'Art' Box and 'Shipper' Box. SS is doing NOTHING wrong by slapping shipping docs on the 'Shipper' Box. Hot Toys provides these for that very reason--shipping. Yes it may be damaged, but then pay the $10 for a 'Pack-out.' (NO guarantee that some FEX-XER won't stop that too :slap) I don't agree that this is extortion by any def. P.S. I live in Canada, always ASK for the pack-out.

My 2 Cents.

The shipper box is for protection during the trip from China when they are on a pallet with other figures like this.

pallet_in_ocean_freight.jpg

I would get a neutral or negative strike on Ebay if I sent this thing out like SS does.

Both my Bank Robber Joker's have slight variations. From the paint job on the face to the hair sticking out on the side.

Both DX 01s were different too. I remember the lack of white paint below the bottom lip on it on one bugged me.

Does anybody have a Joker head sculpt they wanna get rid of?

It can be anyone, Bootleg joker, dx01 bank robber, recast etc.

Anything but the V1.

please someone hook me up. Check out my sales thread

That's an awesome 1/6 bass! Where did you get it?

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks, I got it from ebay.:)
It's called "SD Toys Fender collection series 1", seems to be kinda rare, licenced by Fender, so it has a correct logo and everything.
I play the guitar/bass and I gig with the exact same bass so I had to have one.:)

Yeah I play guitar too so I knew that was a legit logo I just thought it was made by some knock off company. Didn't know Fender actually made it. That's awesome. If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for it?

Yeah I play guitar too so I knew that was a legit logo I just thought it was made by some knock off company. Didn't know Fender actually made it. That's awesome. If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for it?

Cool, yeah they come in strat, tele, and precision bass as well.
I paid like $30, I'm actually hunting for a strat/tele too.
They also have collection 2,3 and so on, but those are 1/8 scale just so you know.

Last edited:
@ Difabio Did you open this yet? I may have missed it. Thoughts?

Oh yeah, I opened it up last week.

Postives

- the Grumpy mask might be my favorite part, glad I got the Ex.

- love the main headsculpt (though, is the PERS lever supposed to be so small?)

- the wet look of the paint applications is fantastic

- originally I didn't like the "real" shoes, but in hand they're perfect

- tailoring is top notch

- the new shot gun is great as are the new knives

- finally got the damn orange lining in the coats

- table, lamp, chair and diorama are a great added bonus

Negative

- laughing head doesn't do much for me, not as much as I thought it would

- the way the ball joint works in the shoes/feet are horrible

- I don't like how soft the purple coat feels. In hand the texture isn't as bad as pics make it out to be, but it doesn't feel right

- true type feels crappier than usual, not a lot of head movement to be had, limbs feel loose, etc.

- the pin stripped pants are the worst pants yet. It feels like the cheap paper material they use for their ties. The V1 Joker's were far superior and were a nice fabric.

Postives

That they are.

- tailoring is top notch

Negative

Even though it was one small scene? it's great for optional photo shoots.

- I don't like how soft the purple coat feels. In hand the texture isn't as bad as pics make it out to be, but it doesn't feel right

The Jack Joker Jacket was the perfect fabric.

- true type feels crappier than usual, not a lot of head movement to be had, limbs feel loose, etc.

- the pin stripped pants are the worst pants yet. It feels like the cheap paper material they use for their ties. The V1 Joker's were far superior and were a nice fabric.

The thing that always disappoints me the most is they change things and get some parts right while taking two to three steps back. Give you things with the DX01, take away with the DX11.

Postives

- tailoring is top notch

Negative

I agree with all of the points above. Except for the grumpy mask that doesnt feel that special at all to me. And also the pants are perfect i think. They need to be as thin as possible to have the pants wrinkle and fold naturally. I sold my v1 joker a long time ago, but i doubt the v1 joker pants would crease naturally when in sitting position?

I sold my v1 joker a long time ago, but i doubt the v1 joker pants would crease naturally when in sitting position?

I actually made my V1 an interrogation scene because the fabric creases nicely and the pants ride up a bit showing the socks. They're like the perfect fit. The only thing against them is the pin stripes aren't as highlighted and it doesn't have the suspenders. But the DX 11 doesn't either.

The DX 11 pants feel like cheap crap to me. They also crinkle if that makes sense. Especially down by the ankles. I don't know what they are, but it doesn't feel like fabric. It feels like that same thin stuff they use for ties.

I wish this figure had the suspenders since the shirt is so nice and neat to show off a little more detail. Especially since it has all the pointy hands to take advantage of it.

The v1 pants feel a bit too cotton like? springy? I do like them though.

I can't get my head around why they'd bring in suspenders for the DX01 and take it away with the DX11? why not build upon what was there? rather than do without. Plus the nicest thing about the DX01 with the suspenders, the trousers never fell down and you didn't have to keep futzing the DX01. The DX11 you have to keep pulling the pants up upon sitting/standing all the time.

Yeah, the V1 pants felt like the real deal. Cotton probably.

And I agree about the suspenders. It doesn't really bother me because they're usually hidden, but as far as detail is concerned, it doesn't make sense to do it in 2009 with the DX 01 but then ditch it for this one.

Oh and that reminds me, I don't like how the chain is sewn to the pants.

Back