Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That does bother the **** out of me. Sometimes you wonder how someone in the company doesn't spot these things, and you answer your own wondering with something like ''well maybe they did but not until it was too late to do anything about it''.....but then they go and release the Toyfair exclusive Batman with the exact same giraffe neck :slap The neck on the DX10 is another one, why in gods name was that approved. :dunno

But yeah the eyes on the DX12 are the big turn off there especially when it was the of the foremost complaints about DX02.

Who am I kidding... it does bother the **** out of me too :lol

I'm not passing any judgement on what someone does with their money. It's none of my business. More power to them. If I had it, I would too. And to everyone saying they wouldn't if they had it, you're full of ****.

Who am I kidding... it does bother the **** out of me too :lol

I suppose I'm kind of like Maglor in that respect. There might be an innaccuracy about the rest of that suit but thats not gonna bug me more than a piece of anatomical wierdness that these companies should be able to spot themselves by looking at their own human bodies.

some human bodies have long necks. a stumpy neck is hard to dress. that's why models typically have long necks.

who knows why they insist on long necks, but it seems deliberate. also it appears most people have found a way of dealing with it if they prefer a shorter neck.

if we're going to be such sticklers for human anatomy, i challenge anybody to match up the actual specimen with a true type body and deem it accurate.

some human bodies have long necks. a stumpy neck is hard to dress. that's why models typically have long necks.

who knows why they insist on long necks, but it seems deliberate. also it appears most people have found a way of dealing with it if they prefer a shorter neck.

if we're going to be such sticklers for human anatomy, i challenge anybody to match up the actual specimen with a true type body and deem it accurate.

If you want to shorten the neck post on OC Bats you also have to trim away material from the cowl. And as the cowl is shaped around the collar/shoulders of the body, it's a bit of a trick to get it properly aligned so that the cowl is flush with the body. I'm not sure if anyone has managed to do it tbh. I think Marf (?) trimmed his after he got some glue on the cowl, but he said it looks fine so long as the head is looking straight ahead - otherwise it leaves a gap between cowl and body.

I dunno... seems to me the vast majority of figures don't suffer from giraffe neck syndrome. It does seem odd to me that it's a problem that has plagued Batman releases. The only thing I can think of is that they prioritised a couple of mm of head movement ahead of good body proportion.

This Joker, for example, seems to be nicely proportioned :)

If you want to shorten the neck post on OC Bats you also have to trim away material from the cowl. And as the cowl is shaped around the collar/shoulders of the body, it's a bit of a trick to get it properly aligned so that the cowl is flush with the body. I'm not sure if anyone has managed to do it tbh. I think Marf (?) trimmed his after he got some glue on the cowl, but he said it looks fine so long as the head is looking straight ahead - otherwise it leaves a gap between cowl and body.

I dunno... seems to me the vast majority of figures don't suffer from giraffe neck syndrome. It does seem odd to me that it's a problem that has plagued Batman releases. The only thing I can think of is that they prioritised a couple of mm of head movement ahead of good body proportion.

This Joker, for example, seems to be nicely proportioned
:)

head looks a tad small, in some pics/angle.

Mask, detonator, box.

but telling people how to spend their money isn't the most mature thing to do.

Im not telling anyone how to spend, in all honesty, i just think its ridiculous to spend so much extra just to get it a few weeks early.some are selling it for $600+. If buying at this price doest seem ridiculous, then i dont know what is

Honestly, even if someone have me the extra $230 to get one early, I wouldn't. That's stupid. Why would you pay that for a figure when you could use that money for another figure?

Which is just what I did. I hate that its moved at least a month back but I'm happy to have another figure right now and then Joker down the line. Of course Bane also moved and it almost makes me want to cancel him and get Avengers Cap.

Just spent half an hour messing about with the various joker releases, I reckon nearly everything in this set looks better than the previous incarnations with one exception, the trousers. The DX01 thin legged trousers whilst maybe less accurate look way better when put on this release. I just cut the gold chain from the new trousers which are kinda shapeless and attached to DX01 version. I then stuck my custom head on and it looks pretty great I have to say. Yeah and the larger custom head does show how small the HT ones are, makes the shoulders and overcoat look a lot better. So hold onto your DX stuff until you get this in hand.

Just spent half an hour messing about with the various joker releases, I reckon nearly everything in this set looks better than the previous incarnations with one exception, the trousers. The DX01 thin legged trousers whilst maybe less accurate look way better when put on this release. I just cut the gold chain from the new trousers which are kinda shapeless and attached to DX01 version. I then stuck my custom head on and it looks pretty great I have to say. Yeah and the larger custom head does show how small the HT ones are, makes the shoulders and overcoat look a lot better. So hold onto your DX stuff until you get this in hand.

Its frustrating the way you can't guarantee that later stuff will be entirely better than older stuff. And thus if you sell the older stuff early you might be in for a disappointment when you eventually get the new.

Back