Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dx11comp.jpg

This picture looks like the real Joker is checking out the DX 2.0 Joker's ***. :lol

dat coat...

The dx01 coat can actually look nice with a little paint mod and some tailoring mod to make it more slim fit.
The shoulder area is the weakest point, I wish that area was more like Katos. But with a some elbow grease, its not bad.

Here's mine
jokerjacket.jpg

DX12 has much better shape and more accurate (colors, coat tail, lapels)... will have to see both in hand to judge material more. Need some side-by-sides.

By the time we get these in hand I feel like most of the issues everyone has will be mostly thrown out of the window.

Comparing it to the original kato it is not that drastically different, and I felt like consensus around here was that it was amazing.

We are getting these amazing pictures but they are all in close macro style and we are seeing every little thing going on in there. When in hand I think we all will be able to say this is prolly one of the better/best tailored mass released figures.

By the time we get these in hand I feel like most of the issues everyone has will be mostly thrown out of the window.

Comparing it to the original kato it is not that drastically different, and I felt like consensus around here was that it was amazing.

We are getting these amazing pictures but they are all in close macro style and we are seeing every little thing going on in there. When in hand I think we all will be able to say this is prolly one of the better/best tailored mass released figures.

:exactly: This is the same thing that happened with the Avengers Cap everyone wouldn't stop complaining until they got it, and realized how much better it was. Especially the unmasked sculpt, people wouldn't shut up about how bad it looked, no everyone is scrambling to get one.

:exactly: This is the same thing that happened with the Avengers Cap everyone wouldn't stop complaining until they got it, and realized how much better it was. Especially the unmasked sculpt, people wouldn't shut up about how bad it looked, no everyone is scrambling to get one.

it's just the SSF cycle..every release will go through it. it's inevitable

With weeks to go before it's here there's nothing to do but sit around and b-tch about minutia.

Eventually there will be fan rage about the potato peeler being out of scale.

With weeks to go before it's here there's nothing to do but sit around and b-tch about minutia.

Eventually there will be fan rage about the potato peeler being out of scale.

Wait. The potato peeler is out of scale? F@@k!!!!! Cancelled!! :)

His left eye looks a bit lazy there. Anybody else see it?
Thanks again, PERS! :wave

Yes, some sort of automated painting is being used. It's visible under high magnification, Nobody who has one in hand has said anything about it. Notice the fine dots on the upper forehead.

8363940604_893c636531_b.jpg
Maybe this explains why the paint apps have been a bit sub-par lately.

What kind of body does this guy have, anyway? I saw one on eBay. Is it a Truetype Advance?

I wonder why they just didn't use the same material they used for the DX 08 Jack Joker coat? That one is really nice.

27310f57.jpg
JokerHD2_zps2ac8b315.jpg

So, is this crosshatching stuff(above the eye shadow and on the forehead)the "scanning" technique in action? I, personally, don't mind. It looks damn nice, and I doubt I'll notice in person.

4ABD5597-07A9-402E-B3E0-DCA9041B1D64-1867-000000FC7027AAB6.jpg

Yeah. The pixelation if the paint job doesn't bother me either. Seems like they would all be more uniform if painted by a computer.

Back