Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thus far this has been the least hysterical thread i have seen for a dc hot toys release (i don't read the rest of the board).

some of the others ~ woof. insanity!

people don't like the nap on the coat, people don't like the printing on the face ~ these seem legitimate observations. neither bothers me, but i can see what people are saying. the endless ledger/joker likeness debate continues (again, it's a personal pref, irrelevant).

i agree that no one is throwing a tantrum and declaring the apocalypse because their joker dollie isn't 100% perfect and that's refreshing to see.

Yeah. I've seen some where negative would certainly apply. This one has been pretty civil. Superman was one of the worst, and it turned out to be a fantastic figure. They did change the sculpt for the better though.

Yeah. I've seen some where negative would certainly apply. This one has been pretty civil. Superman was one of the worst, and it turned out to be a fantastic figure. They did change the sculpt for the better though.

and it seems the general trend that after all the screaming, most people are pretty okay with the thing once they have it, so there's no reason to get crazy before you even get your hands on it.

emotions run high, which i find amusing, but yes, this thread has been cake compared to others.

ssc prolly pushed it to march because even though they will get it in february it's going to take them a while to get it shipped. they are probably giving themselves a buffer after the dx12 got caught up in customs/whatnot and took forever to get sent out even though it had arrived already.

i'd rather be told march and be pleasantly surprised to have it for valentine's day than be told february and wait pins and needles every bloody day for a shipping notice.

:goodpost:

Let's hope so!

I may be nitpicking the nitpicking, but I think it's fair to recognize people (including myself) have not really been "negative" but more like "critical". Being negative it the extreme of criticism, where a person will hold a critical opinion of something whether there's reason to or not.

"Well, I think Hot Toys will screw this up somehow." that's negative. "The coat seems to have an odd texture, like a bathrobe." that's critical.

People use "negative" a lot around here when someone makes a point about an aspect of a figure, when I think they mean "critical". In my experience, using the right wording can diffuse unnecessary arguments, and keep things more civil. Calling a person's opinion negative, comes across as dismissive, and I don't think that's what we're trying to do here.

I see what you mean, negative was just the first word that popped on my mind. Thanks for the heads up man.

I see what you mean, negative was just the first word that popped on my mind. Thanks for the heads up man.

I figured that might be the case. :1-1: You just happened to be the one to use the word, when it occurred to me that's one of the words other people start hurling at comments, just before a thread goes off the rail and bickering ensues. Then I thought, it seems like most of those arguments may start as a result of misunderstanding from wording choices, rather than an inability to respect another person's opinion yet disagree with it.

Of course there's those people that just like to start trouble too.

Last edited:
Yeah this is definitely not like the DX Indy or DX Luke threads. :lol

DX Luke is fine. The battle damage sculpt looks more like Hamill than the clean sculpt, but it's worth owning. Check out the Dio Flying Dutchman is building for it.

The Enterbay/Medi Ultimate Luke was a piece of crap. For three hundred dollars it looks like Jodie Foster and the clothes look Hasbro. It had a nifty 1:6 lightsaber that really lit, but for $300 you can buy 2 Force FX full scale sabers.

Most of what I see are people figuring out where the futzing is going to be. Someone is going to figure out who to make that coat hang better, and the socks people... um, yeah.

Ditto, the other serious faces just doesn't feel as alive as this one nor as smug as this one. It really captures just the right vibe of Heath's portrayal of the Joker.

Honestly, I can only think of one more Joker that HT hasn't done: final battle version (complete with iron pipe and dogs perhaps?)

That would be this version... with a led pipe, no?

As far as I can tell the only version HT hasn't made is a nurse.

Love the loofah.

Great word -- loofah. Gonna name my daughter that.

:lol

Joker 2.0's body...

A miss-match of parts (cut ball ankles [Tron's Kevin Flynn], ...... abdomen, pelvic, forearms from Adv. TT,,) .. Upper Torso and upper arms/shoulder... somewhat new rehash from existing narrow/Adv. TT)

HTDX11Body.jpg

That's with the wrist pegs on the end of his legs? :/

What the heck? I thought they at least made it so they weren't pastels anymore. :gah:

Hot Toys used them on Perseus and kevin flynn. Primarily because your could see the ankles on both figures and the existing system wouldnt work for that. HOWEVER recently they've gone to this new ball joint for the ankle on Luke DX. Not sure why considering the boots cover the ankles. It's better and sturdier than the standard pegs on the true type thats for sure.. It holds poses better. Problem is its incompatible with everything that come before it. Maybe in Jokers case the socks look better?

Hot Toys used them on Perseus and kevin flynn. Primarily because your could see the ankles on both figures and the existing system wouldnt work for that. HOWEVER recently they've gone to this new ball joint for the ankle on Luke DX. Not sure why considering the boots cover the ankles. It's better and sturdier than the standard pegs on the true type thats for sure.. It holds poses better. Problem is its incompatible with everything that come before it. Maybe in Jokers case the socks look better?

Damn. No more swapping parts. :(

DX Luke is fine. The battle damage sculpt looks more like Hamill than the clean sculpt, but it's worth owning. Check out the Dio Flying Dutchman is building for it.

The Enterbay/Medi Ultimate Luke was a piece of crap. For three hundred dollars it looks like Jodie Foster and the clothes look Hasbro. It had a nifty 1:6 lightsaber that really lit, but for $300 you can buy 2 Force FX full scale sabers.

Most of what I see are people figuring out where the futzing is going to be. Someone is going to figure out who to make that coat hang better, and the socks people... um, yeah.

Oh yeah I saw that. That is going to look awesomely epic when done!

I wish I could find one of those LED Light up sabers for my DX07 Luke though. Im not crazy enough to drop $300 on a figure just for a lightsaber. :lol

Maglor said:
I think that ankle system (for this at least) is so they could make the shoes proper. The shoes all the way up to DX01 were too high at the ankle. I remember when MRM made his modified custom shoes he had to put some extra padding around the ball joint to make it look there was an ankle in there

Maglor said:
What the heck? I thought they at least made it so they weren't pastels anymore. :gah:

Socks look the right color to me for the most part. They just put light blue squares in place of the black ones for whatever reason

I hate these style of footpegs. They provide the same range of mobility as the ball joints, but it's a lot more time consuming to pose them. You can't simply move the foot in any direction, you first have to turn the peg in the leg to the right place, and then angle the peg. Never liked that on the Predators. I never had problems that the ball joints were too loose (and I display everything without stands), and I wouldn't mind the shoes to be sculpted a bit higher to accomodate the ball joint either. Oh well.

Back