Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are some shots of the head I'm making. Still needs a lot of work, but you can see the direction it's going in. Which I hope is a good one seeing as how this is the first time I've sculpted anything this small.
hot%20toys

hot%20toys

hot%20toys

hot%20toys

hot%20toys

hot%20toys

I'm just doing this for fun, but let me know what you guys think.

Man for a first try that is looking REALLY good - plenty of areas I can see for improvement but looks like you have the skill to make it MUCH better still.

I'd say the width of the nose, particularly where the nostrils are, is too much, the right side (when facing the head) is larger than the left.

The scar on the left side (when facing) looks a little too long and too close to the eyes, but just slightly.

Perhaps someone like Imaresqd1 or Bobby can weigh in with some more tips

Yeah, I noticed nostrils too, hadn't noticed the scar though, good eyes. I think the chin is a bit off too, it's hard to tell looking at something that close for so long. You start to go cross eyed. Thanks for the encouragement, glad to know it's not bad. :)

Yeah i think the shape of the chin along the bottom is very good, but the distance from chin to scars/lips is too narrow, that area needs to be a little bigger

And no worries regarding the comments and encouragement - would love to see your skills develop - will be a deadly combo with your innovative customizing already!

You could open a new thread in the customs section, because this is kind of for the ht joker :)

You could open a new thread in the customs section, because this is kind of for the ht joker :)

Yes I recall the other day when a lot of people got their nickers in a twist over Teddy's pics of his Bobby C head. I'm not saying that mine is better then Yulli's sculpt or better then anyone's for that matter. Just wanted to show what I've been working on, this is just for poop and giggles. So please don't go all thread nazi on me, I'm not wanting another crapstorm of stupid anger. :1-1: :peace

Yes I recall the other day when a lot of people got their nickers in a twist over Teddy's pics of his Bobby C head. I'm not saying that mine is better then Yulli's sculpt or better then anyone's for that matter. Just wanted to show what I've been working on, this is just for poop and giggles. So please don't go all thread nazi on me, I'm not wanting another crapstorm of stupid anger. :1-1: :peace

Don't be so sensitive my good man :peace

Great start Monkey...watching this for sure...(reserve the first duplicate for me bro :wave:wink1:) Agreed on Umair's suggestions, just needs some fine tuning.

Also, maybe viezure was thinking this should go here: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83789 instead of the DX thread.

Either way, way to go man. Glad to see you're sculpting in 1/6.

I thought about putting it in my custom thread, but I wanted more people to see it, lol. :lol I be sure to post any further pics there.

I don't know how you could interpret from my post that i was angry, feel free to post where you want, i'm not hatin' :peace :lol

Regarding your sculpt, in the unpainted pics he looks like an old man, i think it has to do with the eyebrows and forehead lines :)

And one more thing

colindex.jpg

If i were to start a new joker sculpt, i'd go for a totaly different expression, because that one is already covered by, well, everyone :) Just stick his tongue out or something.

I don't know how you could interpret from my post that i was angry, feel free to post where you want, i'm not hatin' :peace :lol

Regarding your sculpt, in the unpainted pics he looks like an old man, i think it has to do with the eyebrows and forehead lines :)

And one more thing

colindex.jpg

If i were to start a new joker sculpt, i'd go for a totaly different expression, because that one is already covered by, well, everyone :) Just stick his tongue out or something.

I didn't think that you were angry about anything. I was refurring to the posts from a few days ago. As for the head I'm not try to do something new, this is just an exercise to see if I could do it at all. Plus I tend to not like crazy or weird facial expressions, not my cup-o-tea.

Back