Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really depens on how much futzing you can be bothered with.

I still opt for the narrow TT on the DX, with the right amount of futzing you can get the shoulder pads hanging nicely for that special silhouette.

Curious about this. Even though I'm happy with mine as is I've found with most HT figs that I can only make small changes to the lay of the clothes no matter how hard I try, they just tend to move back over time. How do you guys go about it? I know the water trick but is there anything else?

I find with a lot of my 1/6 scale figures, it's best to strip em down to the nekkid TT, then build em back up getting all the sleeve positions etc. just how I want em. (Using a tweezers of course.)

Some material can be ironed into place as well.

Ugh I dont think I could ever do that I dont even like reposing because I convince myself it looked better before I did :lol

Then I try to get it back but OCD takes over and...well you know the rest...

There's a support group for that... It's called Sideshow Freaks! :lol

The first time you do it is nerve wracking but it can be quite liberating. ;)

There's a support group for that... It's called Sideshow Freaks! :lol

The first time you do it is nerve wracking but it can be quite liberating. ;)

:rotfl:rotfl True that

Actually the first time I'll remove the clothing from a HT fig will be the T-800 to put the black T on. I'll see how that goes!!

I tend to try and pose the fig right out of the box and often find a pose i like pretty much straight away. however a few months down the line ill start to want to mess with him and repose but i end up mucking it up and then thinking "oh bugga it ill strip him down and start again* - jack sparrow is the worst - if his shirt isnt right then his vest wasitecoat isnt right so his sash isnt right so his coat isnt right and so on lol by this point u just think "oh i wish id left it how it was". i think the most OCD i have ever been is with dx bats and oc bats - everything on him must be perfect - ill get out of bed to move his hand a millimetre if i spot its out of place ahah

I went with the Narrow TT myself. As far as futzing goes, I usually nitpick the hell out of my figures, especially with Hot Toys. It always feels like I can never get a specific look down. Surprisingly though, MMS DX Joker doesn't have that problem, well mine anyway. I bought two of them and right out of the box they were pretty much perfect. I remember as soon as I opened the V1 and Bank Robber versions I took all their clothes off. They always seemed too bulky for some reason.

CRAP!!:monkey4:monkey4
My joker took a shelf dive and now the leg broke off. Also the PERS is broken. I can fix the body, but could I get a replacement head from Hot Toys if I asked?

Need help! :gah::gah:

Damn... that really sucks, I wouldn't know where to begin. Keep him in some kind of case though (detolf), the shelf dive is a collector's worst nightmare. No paint or anything chipped?

You probably couldn't get a replacement unless you happen to have bought the figure recently, and it can't be user damage. I guess you can fake a receipt and lie about the damage, but that's your call. You will probably have to send the head back at your own expense if they do decide to replace it.

Ouch. Sorry to hear that. Sorry but at these prices I could never understand how one could display these without a case to protect them from dust and diving.
Maybe at least use the stands. Someone needs to custom a suicide pad for all these open shelves as these little suckers sure are suicidal. :lol

CRAP!!:monkey4:monkey4
My joker took a shelf dive and now the leg broke off. Also the PERS is broken. I can fix the body, but could I get a replacement head from Hot Toys if I asked?

Need help! :gah::gah:

My PERS broke just from moving it last week, they said no replacement. Good news is that a little super glue and a steady hand fixed it up no problem.

just some paint at his nose chipped off, I got a steady hand and paint so I can just paint over it. I actually done it before. But it is the PERS I worry about, I will try the advise to superglue it, hopefully it will work. But luckly the eye that is stuck is in a good position. And I fixed the body. I could do it again and take some pictures because it could save you a lot of money. But it wont last for long.

Sorry but I don't feel remorse when this kinda thing happens, if it's on the display stand, theres like no way that should happen short of an earthquake.

Detolfs are $60, you can get them on sale for $40 often. One can display upto 16 figures comfortably, its a must have investment for collecting 1/6 scale. Prevents dust and shelf dives from ever happening.

Back