Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the reason it fell is because some visitors brought their kids, they went into my room and RAGED! luckly nothing but Joker broke

the reason it fell is because some visitors brought their kids, they went into my room and RAGED! luckly nothing but Joker broke

then you gotta tell the visitors to learn how to be parents, and/or tell the kids "no, you're not allowed in this room. get out. now."

Sorry but I don't feel remorse when this kinda thing happens, if it's on the display stand, theres like no way that should happen short of an earthquake.

Detolfs are $60, you can get them on sale for $40 often. One can display upto 16 figures comfortably, its a must have investment for collecting 1/6 scale. Prevents dust and shelf dives from ever happening.

I get hated on for this, but I almost never use stands. If one falls some day, it will be worth the possible damage for what I consider a much more appealing display. And no, I will ask for no sympathy. ;)

I may consider getting a Detolf someday though.

The problem with Detolfs is that they're too narrow. If you put them in the center of the room, that's fine - but against the wall, you'll have to have two characters in front and two characters behind them on every level, which obscures the back characters.

Additionally, the bottom shelf is low to the ground, which is terrible for display. You don't want to have to crouch to see the characters the way they are meant to be seen, at roughly eye level.

If you ask me, Detolfs are optimal for no more than six characters - which is far too few, given how much space they take as well as their price.

I get hated on for this, but I almost never use stands. If one falls some day, it will be worth the possible damage for what I consider a much more appealing display.

I sympathize with this feeling. Stands can look really nice, if they all are of a similar format and either all have the same kind of nameplates or all have no nameplates. Then you have a consistency which can be appealing. Otherwise, it's too haphazard and random-looking.

This becomes a big problem once you have figures from different companies (like a Takara Catwoman and a Hot Toys Batman), different lines (like the MMS Batman figures and the DX series), or customs.

I get hated on for this, but I almost never use stands. If one falls some day, it will be worth the possible damage for what I consider a much more appealing display. And no, I will ask for no sympathy. ;)

I may consider getting a Detolf someday though.

I hardly ever use the normal stands. Even the fancy basis I may not use the stand portion but everything is behind cases ..... Almost ;)

Ive never had a Hottoys figure take the fall... I hope I never do... But I did have a Neca Jack form nightmare before christmas fall... An both his legs snapped off so now Im stuck displaying him the box... Took me ages to find a Jack that wasnt at a over the top price... You think Hottoys prices are high... You should see what some of the old NECA Nightmare stuff goes for on ebay now...

Ive never had a Hottoys figure take the fall... I hope I never do... But I did have a Neca Jack form nightmare before christmas fall... An both his legs snapped off so now Im stuck displaying him the box... Took me ages to find a Jack that wasnt at a over the top price... You think Hottoys prices are high... You should see what some of the old NECA Nightmare stuff goes for on ebay now...

why...all...the...dots...??

CRAP!!:monkey4:monkey4
My joker took a shelf dive and now the leg broke off. Also the PERS is broken. I can fix the body, but could I get a replacement head from Hot Toys if I asked?

I would say 'definitely not' unfortunately. Seeing as it is your fault it broke, (although not directly I know), but not a defective product or anything.

The answer to all these problems lie inside a Detolf. :exactly: Glass cases and even locks can prevent forrest fires ........... oops I mean damage to figures. :wave

That's an interesting idea. Do they attach a magnet directly to the action figure?

Yeah, I'd like to hear more about that.

Yes, you attach the magnet to the figure. You buy the thinest or a thin enough magnet so that the feet are still flush with the ground. Attach one or two magnets (one foot; both feet) to the bottom of the shoes/boots/etc. You then either buy a metal base that would go under your diorama for instance, or if you just stand your figures another magnet under where you figure stands. For example, in a Deltof the other magnet would go under the base glass.

Now, I haven't gone the route of buying these magnets (the procrastinator in me:sleep). However, I have used the method. I love IM Mark I but didn't want to use a stand. I had some magnets lying around. Not really thin, but about 1/16 (1.5 mm). Stuffed a couple into each foot and one under each foot on the underside of the base glass. He hasn't taken a dive. Not that he would have without the magnets with those large boots he has. However, when you try to pick him up it takes quite a bit of effort to move.

The problem with Detolfs is that they're too narrow. If you put them in the center of the room, that's fine - but against the wall, you'll have to have two characters in front and two characters behind them on every level, which obscures the back characters.

Additionally, the bottom shelf is low to the ground, which is terrible for display. You don't want to have to crouch to see the characters the way they are meant to be seen, at roughly eye level.

If you ask me, Detolfs are optimal for no more than six characters - which is far too few, given how much space they take as well as their price.

I agree with you on the low shelves... I hate having to decide which figures go there.

You can display four figures in an arc on one shelf without obscuring.

I feel that these things are relatively cheap and don't take up more space than necessary.

Back