Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's photos out the wazoo if you just search back through this thread a bit ;)

yeah ive looked, spent many nights in awe of this figure i dont have and want badly. but i want new pictures! there is a TON with all te custom heads, i need to see more with just the DX01 parts to make me pull the trigger. come on, make him look amazing!

really? his coat looks really THICK almost like a bathrobe. and ive been reading people raving about the BR head on the V1 being even better than the dx. id love to see side by side pics of pros and cons.

Clothing-wise, there's no comparison. The coat looks like the Joker's coat on the DX. The v1 is a crappy trenchcoat - wrong color, wrong cut, wrong lapels, and so forth. The tie is also supposed to be much worse in the v1.

It's pretty thin... doesn't look much thicker than V1... the V1 material is very bad in comparison and the lapels are wayy too high up. DX coat just plain feels and looks better.

But if it's too thick for you, it's too thick for you.

BR on V1 is a preference. The tailoring is nowhere near as good as DX. The V1's vest can't even close correctly. And there are other small details like DX accurately having suspenders instead of a belt and more accurate colors. (Among other things)

I believe people who say V1 is comparable, let alone, better than DX in tailoring either don't have it, or are just bat**** insane in regards to quality. Because it's pretty night and day which one is better when you have them in your hands.

damn. i was hoping to get the v1 and the br and display both one clown robber and one good joker with the br head, but it sounds like the v1 clothing is just no good..

It will do... but if you get a DX, you won't like the clothing of V1 anymore.

The BR headsculpt is still great though.

I have both the version 1 and DX of Joker. The V1 isn't terrible or anything, but DX is quite noticeably better clothing wise.

im just trying to weigh the pros and cons, dx is so expensive, i bet i could get the bank robber and version 1 joker for less than a dx...

phooooootoooooosssss.

too much talking, not enough joker pics.

There's photos out the wazoo if you just search back through this thread a bit ;)

yeah ive looked, spent many nights in awe of this figure i dont have and want badly. but i want new pictures! there is a TON with all te custom heads, i need to see more with just the DX01 parts to make me pull the trigger. come on, make him look amazing!

I can repost a few. Hope people don't mind, as most have seen these multiple times already...

P1050443-2.jpg

P1050360.jpg

P1050437.jpg

P1060207.jpg

P1060171.jpg

P1050811.jpg

P1050827.jpg

P1060929.jpg

P1050832.jpg

P1050410.jpg

I'll try to break down my personal opinion about the different pieces of clothing. My own setup is a mixture of V1, DX and custom.

-coat: The biggest difference is definitely the coat, which is miles better on the DX. If you get the V1, the most important thing to upgrade is the coat. Perhaps you could try to score one when Kato (custom tailor here on the boards) finishes his and people get rid of their HT version.
-vest: The vest is improved on the DX, but I've never had a problem keeping the V1 vest closed (which is the version I'm still using). If I ever come along a cheap option to get the DX version I will, but so far I haven't, didn't feel the need to.
-shirt: I can't really comment on the shirt and tie since I'm using custom ones (from billyb). I think the DX versions are definitely improved over the V1, but still far from perfect.
-shoes: The shoes are pretty much the same, only slightly different paint aps.
-pants: The pants are a bit different on the DX (more pronounced pinstripes), but this is a matter of taste which ones you prefer. Personally, I prefer the V1.
-jacket: The grey jacket is improved on the DX, but I never got it and display mine without any jacket.

For reference, here's a shot of my Joker. He's using a repainted BR head, V1 shoes, pants and vest, DX coat, and custom shirt and tie.
Joker_36.jpg

Back