Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I'm sure the supplies and fabric values adds up to $200 for a jacket and the other items that values up to $130 and higher.

Isn't that the same reason why fraud is so high? people just hand anything over no questions asked and they are taken for a ride.

Thing is you're paying for some ones time here, and expertize. You just can't compare the prices of a factory produced item with that of a custom made limited edition version. By It's very nature the latter is always going to cost more.

Hell, the tailoring work must be a right pain in the ass when It's full sized let alone at that tiny scale. :lol

People who supply this sort of thing aren't in it for a laugh, they're there to make some money too. I mean nobody's forcing anyone to purchase stuff are they?

I mean I'd love to be able to afford to purchase things like that, but I can't. Doesn't mean I'm going to resent those who can though.

Pretty sure he was singing the praises of stock figures and the tyranny of paying too much for something.

Well lets face it most 'normal' none collectors would see even the bog standard collectable figures as being outrageously expensive, let alone something custom made. :lol:

This entire malarkey is an expensive hobby however you look at it. Thats why I have so few Hot Toys figures myself. But as a maker myself in the real world I do appreciate the talent and expertise that goes into high end custom work though.

I've been thinking about this. I understand a company having issues with their products...but it's important to deal with those issues in quick way to fix it for the customer. Like as far as the first couple DX. My joker's PERS were broken right out of the box and from all the horror stories about batman leaking texas tea. I never got the batman since my preorder got screwed up and I still love the joker. the BR joker is by far my favorite still, to this day. Maybe their arent THAT many QC issues, but it'd be nice to have them sorted out.

I feel like for the most part if you are dealing directly with custom-izers they are probably more willing to help you and easier to get in contact with..most of the time. Like monkey shrinking heads for people if they wanted to display them without the jacket. that's pretty respectable, for example.

However, price is a real issue for me. I'm looking for full time work, and when I do I will definitely buy up the scarecrow/demon as it's too far out of my price range. I'd imagine if I was in a more stable position I would be willing to get the more expensive customs as well. If it would make me happy.

Every company has QC problems. They make thousands of one product, there's bound to be a mistake somewhere.

Just because a few people come up with issues doesn't mean it's happening everywhere... all of the people who are content with their purchase and have no problems usually don't speak up and say "hey guys, my figure came fine, just wanted to let you know." No, it's the very few people who did receive a defective item that wants to vent their frustration.

You obviously don't listen to the business people very often. The screw ups are happening more and more with nearly every company.

I picked up some cheap 12" military figures at Big Lots a while back, and figured I would try them out on the Police Joker I had set up.

Then I found these drum sets on clearance at Walmart, and thought, "Why not?"

dx-ledger-drums.jpg

I picked up some cheap 12" military figures at Big Lots a while back, and figured I would try them out on the Police Joker I had set up.

dx-ledger-drums.jpg

:lol Nice! :rock

dx-ledger-drums.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen, The Steve Miller Band performing their entire album The Joker with special guest drummer, uh, The Joker!

dx-ledger-drums.jpg

Introduce a little percussion, then everything becomes awesome.

Thinking off selling my DX Joker. What would a fair price be for the Joker figure plus bank robber machine gun, billyb shirt, and KGS tie (no cop outfit/sculpt or stand)?

Back