Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
look guys.....this figure is supose to embody the agent of chaos right? So what if the make up isn't perfect. its not supose to be far as i can tell. even Heath said for the most part he applied the base white of his own make up. He said he would frown up his brow and face and smear the white clown make up all over his face.

The make up artist would then clean it up a bit and get the eyes done. Even this was not an exact sicence and is why we see Joker in several different face paint jobs thru out the movie. So unless your fig is gashed in a damaging fashion, then I would be OK with minor variation here and there.

The point is, it's a $200 retail figure from a company that prides itself on quality, and whether you could pass off paint smears off with a given figure doesn't change the consumer's right to expext such an expensive item to arrive without damages. HT themselves and other companies ship things all the time without issues. For the price tag on this figure, extra measure should be taken for the figure to show up with as little issues as possible and the buyer well within their right to get compensated if it arrives with problems.

That I believe are suppose to be spares incase one breaks them.

I'm kind of glad this seems to be a trend, not sure about other human releases lately, but I know Marcus Wright also came with 2 spares. Aesthetically, HT's wrist connections are really nice, but very fragile. Hopefully DX Batman comes with a boat load if the hands are as big a pain to swap as on the v1.

Yeah, I hated having to break out a bowl of boiling water all the time to swap them, but back then I picked two open hands I liked and have left it like that since.

If Takara and Medicom can do it, why can't Hot Toys?

Hot Toys should just include a peg for every hand, Sideshow's doing it with all of their new body figures, HT's done it with Predators. Even this DX Joker, my clown gloves hold on like crazy to the wrist pegs. I picked 4 favorite hands, thankfully there are 2 I won't use much, and put the spare pegs in there so it's easy enough to swap.

The point is, it's a $200 retail figure from a company that prides itself on quality, and whether you could pass off paint smears off with a given figure doesn't change the consumer's right to expext such an expensive item to arrive without damages. HT themselves and other companies ship things all the time without issues. For the price tag on this figure, extra measure should be taken for the figure to show up with as little issues as possible and the buyer well within their right to get compensated if it arrives with problems.

To be even more specific, it's his freakin' nose! Not a smudge on one of his grenades, but his nose, right in the middle of that awesome headsculpt with movable eyes that baited everyone into buying this. I would be a little upset if mine comes like that... :tap

To be even more specific, it's his freakin' nose! Not a smudge on one of his grenades, but his nose, right in the middle of that awesome headsculpt with movable eyes that baited everyone into buying this. I would be a little upset if mine comes like that... :tap

Agreed. I'll be holding my breath as I open the box....

I've held mine with a few HT pieces lately, I don't have a lot of confidence in the foam packaging, it's soft, but it's still making contact, I like when HT has the heads deep in the tray and uses a neck collar thing like Sideshow to keep the head back away from touching anything. The Terminator figures and this one having that foam around was scary, as people did report Connor and Joker with paint rubs.

I've held mine with a few HT pieces lately, I don't have a lot of confidence in the foam packaging, it's soft, but it's still making contact, I like when HT has the heads deep in the tray and uses a neck collar thing like Sideshow to keep the head back away from touching anything. The Terminator figures and this one having that foam around was scary, as people did report Connor and Joker with paint rubs.

Thats all very well but when my Joker v1 arrived the head was loose from the neck adapter bobbing about.

BBTS says the Joker is in stock.

DX Joker get here Monday... An Im going to get anther one form my comic shop if they still have them next thursday when I get paid... I saw it at my comic shop last night... An it worth have a second on for sure...

Agreed. I'll be holding my breath as I open the box....

I feel burnt ever since I had a John Connor with a damaged nose but at least it taught me that hope isn't completely lost if something is damaged. Anyway, for this price the figure should be absolutely perfect.

me too! - happy day! :joy

Dude! Tell me about it! Seems as if it was years ago when the photos hit... I remember laying in bed with my wife, she was reading and I was on the lap top when I saw them. I think she said something along the lines of "too creepy for me to buy".... that, of course, didn't stop me! She actually likes it when I get really excited for a piece to come... Like Vader or Hellboy etc. That's when I really start acting like a kid... :monkey3:chew

I might have to take down Harvey and Bruce to make room in that Detolf. :confused::D:horror

BBTS shipping notice came too. Yes I ordered two...one from Redford which will be here today and one from BBTS which should be here next week. I'm glad cause BBTS honored the first price of $151.99 for those who preordered it before all the DX info was released.

Back