Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The photos are stellar but for god sake! Why must some people quote a whole handful of photos almost directly after the main post!

I'm positive it's from the Resident Evil figures. Unless he has bought the weapons separately?...

Yeah, I agree. Unnecessary picture quoting FTL!

Btw, that particular RPG isn't the one from the Biohazard 5 Chris, although his would suit the Joker too.

The photos are stellar but for god sake! Why must some people quote a whole handful of photos almost directly after the main post!

I agree, it takes up too much space. if your going to quote it, quote a couple of photos, not the whole damn thing!

And a comparision pic

Haha, you're getting there...I like the black tar on the new one better, but I like the white zebra stripes on the old one better. They have more of a worn look to them, not like they've been painted onto the street brand new.

Also, I think the center white dashed lines are too thick (not the street crossing ones, the street divider ones in the back). Maybe make them thinner, since they should be much smaller than zebra crosswalk stripes? Even better, change them to a set of thinner, double, straight (not dashed) yellow lines - the Joker was standing on a major city street, not a back road (double yellow lines characterize main streets, dashed white lines characterize country roads, where they indicate passing is allowed in single lanes).

Also, the quote is cool - but the size of the letters are a bit distracting. Have you considered going with something a bit more "Joker-like" and personal - like small, thin, red, hand-written font (like his bloody graffiti)? Would be fun to do it by hand, too.

Just some suggestions, mate - feel free to ignore if you don't like!

First, thanks a lot for the suggestions haytil. Now, i really like the idea about thinner, double and straight yellow lines, think i'll try it, wish me luck :D About the quote, i have a limited space to put in on front and not many fonts look good on that little small area. Also, i'll keep the white color because other colors would be hard to read, that's why i did the outline :) Thanks dude, now i'm off to work on them lines lol

The road is almost black sandpaper (glasspaper), glued on a hardened polystyrene painted black, with the stripes made from isolation tape :)

Also, I think the center white dashed lines are too thick (not the street crossing ones, the street divider ones in the back). Maybe make them thinner, since they should be much smaller than zebra crosswalk stripes? Even better, change them to a set of thinner, double, straight (not dashed) yellow lines - the Joker was standing on a major city street, not a back road (double yellow lines characterize main streets, dashed white lines characterize country roads, where they indicate passing is allowed in single lanes).

Just some suggestions, mate - feel free to ignore if you don't like!

Here is the DX version of the base, thanks to haytil and my awesome skill set :D

That looks sweet man. IMHO, i would loose the zebra stripes altogether and just have the yellow lines right through. But looks great!
Haha i know huh!

Got myself a cheap DX from an ebay seller, minus the cop sculpt and uniform,(which I have no interest in anyway). Was going to pick up a V1 Joker and put the BR Joker sculpt on it, but not now.

I think you should paint the white road lines, insted of using a sticker or whatever. It'll look like it was sprayed onto the road, which is what you want.

like i posted previously the small safety pins are they really necessary and what are they used for?

Just decoration.

pdvd001e.png

I believe there's a section in the booklet that comes with the figure with HT's suggestion on where to put them.

Back