Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you say the surface are you refering to the texture of the "road" or the actual size of it?

The texture. The actual size of the base looks fine.

If you're talking about the surface texture, those are actual really small bumps, the base it's made from polystyrene. Maybe with the joker on top you'll see the scale and the bigger picture, they don't look like coals :p.

Yeah maybe it's just weird looking with no figure on top.

i thought the quote would be awesome :)

I like the quote you put on the front!!! Think it works great with the look. Nice job.

Devil can do something hilarious with one of those pics , I know it. :lol

Don't you mean Devil can manipulate anything with damn near any pic? :D

:lol:lol:lol First thing I thought of...

whofarted.png

:monkey3

And BTW Voorhees27, awesome photos and pose!!! Where is everyone getting the 1/6th scale pool sticks from!?

Sideshow T-800 came with one from the opening bar scene in T2 when one's broken over Arnold's back, and I've caught that they reused it for one of the Shaun of the Dead figures. I also used the cigar from the T-800 for my burning money shot.

And BTW Voorhees27, awesome photos and pose!!! Where is everyone getting the 1/6th scale pool sticks from!?

I made mine quickly out of a really bad chicken kebab i had the other day LOL.

I like your custom road base viezure, maybe just a little sanding/buffing ontop, and not only will it make the road look flat, but will add wear to it too. Still waiting on my DX, c'mon, i'm aching for this thing!

No such thing!

Actually, I find most chicken kebabs to be tough and over-cooked. Doesn't surprise me, as kebab should be limited to beef and lamb.
Beef kebabs are amazing :drool

But, back on topic. On the DX, is the hair piece easy to remove? And is PERS smooth or kind of hard to move when you first get it?

Nice pictures too, keep them coming ;)
''A bad chicken kebab?''
This thing SUCKED. I gathered it had been sitting there all day as i bought it at about 3.45 in the afternoon. And was the 2nd last one. They had these mad chicken and bacon wrap things that were awesome though lol.
But back on topic :p

Thanks guys!

As of right now DX Joker takes the cake as the best figure of 2009. Slightly edging out Vito Corleone and Jack Torrance.

I just wanted to make a comment about PERS, mine is extremely hard to maneuver. It took me over 10 mins to finally get the eyeballs to look to the left (It may have been cold?). It seems fine now but continues to get stuck here and there.

I'm not sure I will attempt much more in terms of eyeball pose. The jacket is beyond phenominal imo. Wow factor all around on this piece!

Oh and yes Maulfan was right, the pool cue is from the Sideshow T2 T-800.

The Comedian Shotgun would actually be a good Joker Shotgun, It looks most accurate compared to all other customs i've seen.

Not quite...according to imfdb, the Joker's gun is a Remington 870 Sawed-off...the one he takes from the Bank Manager:

sawnoffshotgun2.jpg

tdk5021.jpg

The Comedian comes with a traditional shotgun and a grenade launcher.

I heard from calvarenga that Monkeydepot.com has a weapon assortment that features a sawed off shotgun, but I haven't looked yet.

The broken pool cue is also great...I guess they'll now be a bit harder to find going forward...

Not quite...according to imfdb, the Joker's gun is a Remington 870 Sawed-off...the one he takes from the Bank Manager:

sawnoffshotgun2.jpg

tdk5021.jpg

The Comedian comes with a traditional shotgun and a grenade launcher.

I heard from calvarenga that Monkeydepot.com has a weapon assortment that features a sawed off shotgun, but I haven't looked yet.

The broken pool cue is also great...I guess they'll now be a bit harder to find going forward...

Of course I could see their differnt I was just assuming that people would customized the comedian shotgun to match the joker's

Back