Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tadaaaaaaaaaam

Do_this.jpg

Deggit,

Try taking your photos in much brighter conditions. Natural sunlight is probably optimal.

I've noticed that my camera tends to get blurry when it's not very bright and I'm not using the flash. I assume you're not using the flash either (don't want to wash everything out). I've also noticed that your best pics seem to be with a brighter background.

Sun's going down here, so I assume it's already dark where you are - might try again tomorrow, posing near a window or something.

I like the Azzarello Joker grin in the background!

Deggit,

Try taking your photos in much brighter conditions. Natural sunlight is probably optimal.

I've noticed that my camera tends to get blurry when it's not very bright and I'm not using the flash. I assume you're not using the flash either (don't want to wash everything out). I've also noticed that your best pics seem to be with a brighter background.

Sun's going down here, so I assume it's already dark where you are - might try again tomorrow, posing near a window or something.

I like the Azzarello Joker grin in the background!

Yeah I noticed that too, but it was already getting dark by the time I got the stupid thing to work :D and my rooms kinda dimly lit anyways cos I'm weird...anyways I'm reasonably content for a first effort! I'll try some more tomorrow. Or later on when I have more beers and probably end up breaking camera, figure and everything else in my path!!

Have you read 'Joker'? Its an great read even though its in ways a rip off of Ledgers Joker but thats moot cos he was the best anyways :D

Yeah I noticed that too, but it was already getting dark by the time I got the stupid thing to work :D and my rooms kinda dimly lit anyways cos I'm weird...anyways I'm reasonably content for a first effort! I'll try some more tomorrow. Or later on when I have more beers and probably end up breaking camera, figure and everything else in my path!!

Have you read 'Joker'? Its an great read even though its in ways a rip off of Ledgers Joker but thats moot cos he was the best anyways :D

I read Joker great read and have it as well... An your wrong Joker was done before they even made Dark Knight... Nolan used his image of Joker so they held back the book tell after the movie to hype it more...

The truth be told...

I read Joker great read and have it as well... An your wrong Joker was done before they even made Dark Knight... Nolan used his image of Joker so they held back the book tell after the movie to hype it more...

The truth be told...

Really? I'm surprised to hear that to be honest, fair enough though!

If we're honest about it, Nolans whole batman saga is just an amalgamation of the better graphic novels. Not detracting from it in any way, I just wish more directors would realize theres a wealth of stories at their fingertips!

Cool shots, Deggit. Is that the Batman: Arkham Asylum limited edition I see in a couple of your photos?

:lol Caught red handed!! Yeah thats it mate but I thought it would look a little different from the other posts since I figured 'showcase' type pics are pretty nuch redundant at this point!

If you dont have it I can post some pics of the batarang (I painted the edges of it cos it looked ridiculous from the box IMO. Even worse quality than I expected...

I was contemplating buying the LE, but at the time I couldn't justify spending that amount on one game (had others to pay for). Is the batarang really mediocre quality? That's a downer.

Anyway, using the green text on the back of the box as a backdrop for this figure is totally fitting.

I was contemplating buying the LE, but at the time I couldn't justify spending that amount on one game (had others to pay for). Is the batarang really mediocre quality? That's a downer.

Anyway, using the green text on the back of the box as a backdrop for this figure is totally fitting.

Yeah I thought it was something different, I'll grab some quick pics of the batarang, keep in mind I painted mine, it should be totally black. I dunno if mine was on display or what but its covered in scratches...I'll post now...

Last edited:
Your all lucky... I had Joker ordered through someone and was supposed to get it early but they closed down... So now I have to wait for Dc Direct shipment or lose 10% because of a pre order... But the one I cant wait for is the DX Batman Im even picking up a second Batman to display the P.E.R.S and Sonar head together if you ask me thats the only way to do it...

God damn ^^^^ing stupid camera!!!! No battery left! It let me take the pics but not post them. I'll put em up first thing in the morn when its charged. Sleepy time now, its 5 in the morning here nd I've been drinking. A lot.

The truth be told...

Well, to be fair, both Nolan/Ledger and Azzarello/Bermejo are interpreting a character that neither of them created - they're simply adding to the mythos that began almost 70 years ago. To say that one "ripped" from another doesn't make sense, unless you're also going to say that both "ripped" from the original appearances beginning in 1940. Rather, it's expected that they'll adapt and incorporate previous incarnations of the Joker.

Both claim that they're "slashed grin" Joker was developed independently of one another - and I can believe it. The Joker was due for yet another updating, and the slashed grin was a natural way to go, as was the dropping of gimmicks and the stressing of the crazy, homicidal nature of the Joker.

I like both new interpretations, and a closer examination will show that they differ quite a bit - both physically (Azzarello/Bermejo's Joker is permawhite, for instance) as well as mentally/spritually (Azzarello/Bermejo's Joker is much more wild and chaotic. While Ledger/Nolan's Joker is working for chaos and anarchy, he does it with deep, thought-out plans and methodologies).

Really nice pictures. And yeah, Bermejo started working on that art in 2005. I don't think people realize the massive amount of time and work that went into that book.. That artwork is beautiful, it's not like he sketched that up in a month after he saw the Dark knight or something. It don't work that way.

I like all interpretations of Joker, as long as it still seems like him. If you know what I mean.

Also, the cut smile thing...it isn't rocket science, it's never been hard for me to believe that more than one person could have thought of that simultaneously.

I don't think people realize the massive amount of time and work that went into that book.. That artwork is beautiful, it's not like he sketched that up in a month after he saw the Dark knight or something.

The art work really is beautiful - I'm more into the writing when it comes to comics, rather than the art, but "Joker" really stood out, even for me.

It's just a shame that only about a third of the pages/panels were painted - the rest were inked more traditionally, with flat colors, and it really shows because the painted panels really stand out - especially when the painted panels are side-by-side with the traditional panels on the same page. I wish he had taken (or been given) the time to paint them all.

Bank Robber joker's head looks like the victor to me............but hey..............meh THIS FIGURE IS JUST JUST JUST....AAAAAAAAAAAAA mazing. Does ANYONE KNOW WHERE i CAN GET A NICE DISPLAY BOX AT A REASONABLE PRICE FOR MY DX JOKER AND BR? I GOT THEM BOTH YESTERDAY FROM THE BBTS. AND THEY HAVE ONLY BEEN STANDING THERE COLLECTING DUST. I WANT A COOL, JOKER-THEMED DISPLAY CASE. I LIVE IN NEW YORK. ANY SUGGESTIONS? PLY RESPOND PLZ

Back