Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did I mention that the DX stand's light is rotateable?

That's interesting, they seemed like they'd be fixed in place. Hot Toys really did a poor job of presenting the base, no official photos with the Joker, only one unlit shot with Batman. I don't know why they didn't show it off more for the work put in.

You're better off just buying the figure and parting out the rest for cash. I would assume (no exaggeration here) that the coat and sculpt alone will run you about $150. Just a guess but imo a realistic one.

Well If someones prepared to wait a year or so, surely you'd be able to get the head a little bit cheaper then that?

I'd stick with the BR Joker sculpt, but it dawns on me that If I want to use the DX shirt and have a better tighter fit round the neck, then I'll have to use the DX head as the neck appears thinner.

The BR neck is a lot thicker by the looks of it, which is why the collar hangs open with the original shirt on it.

Well If someones prepared to wait a year or so, surely you'd be able to get the head a little bit cheaper then that?

I'd stick with the BR Joker sculpt, but it dawns on me that If I want to use the DX shirt and have a better tighter fit round the neck, then I'll have to use the DX head as the neck appears thinner.

The BR neck is a lot thicker by the looks of it, which is why the collar hangs open with the original shirt on it.

I dunno about waiting either. Hot Toys' track record has shown that waiting things out on popular items can result in a huge inflation. Even if just for parts. I wouldn't wait on this one.

As for the neck, it is evident that the DX neck is alot slimmer, making the collar fit right. All around you can't lose just buying the DX and then parting out what you don't want later.

True^

Plus, once you put the BR sculpt next to the DX and compare them in person. The DX wins hands down. Heck, its not even a contest.

I just opened up the box to check out the cop sculpt, he looks pretty decent. Well, maybe he's pretty cool, but got sidetracked cause it came with the PERS joker. Anyway, I tried putting the hat on him, for some reason, it just won't sit on him firmly. Very flimsy, I must say.

The lights should be pretty strong, LEDs are powerful and use little engergy to power them. Iron Man's lights are quite bright and that's just 3 little puny batteries charging them.

I've got some LED houselights that run off AAA batteries that light up quite well.

I dunno about waiting either. Hot Toys' track record has shown that waiting things out on popular items can result in a huge inflation. Even if just for parts. I wouldn't wait on this one.

As for the neck, it is evident that the DX neck is alot slimmer, making the collar fit right. All around you can't lose just buying the DX and then parting out what you don't want later.

Well I'm on a very restricted income, and so couldn't possibly afford buying that in one go, especially as I don't know how much the Cop parts would fetch on eBay in the UK.

I've already managed to get the coat, pants and extra hands on eBay at a very good buy now price, and that will do me fine until I can get a good deal on the rest of it somewhere down the line.

*takes a Dremel to her BR head's neck* :D

It requires 3 AAA batteries. Must be pretty bright, I'm guessin.

If I get a dozen of these, I won't even need light in my room no more, I think :lol

Ah right! That makes a little more sense then. I thought it may take the small button batteries. Can understand why AAA's weren't included.

First thing I'm going to do with the stand is take measurements so I can put together (or find, if possible) a plastic case to surround it. First guess is it should at least be "14 tall.

IMG_7330.jpg

least i know now that i need to get some AAA batts now.Youre pics are making the wait worse ,Feng at loontentoys just said he will have it this month so im hoping its not the end of the month. I would like for someone to do a video review though.

the stand looks pretty cool with the lights and all, but why couldn't HT go a little further and make the stand a storage box that can house all the joker's accessory parts? its a drag to always have to open the boxes just to swap a hand. And leaving the parts on the shelf just look bad (to me, anyways)

Yeah, looks about the size of a Sideshow Stand. I really hope HT changes their standard stands, I'm finding that it seems like figures are really starting to creep to the edge of them with their feet, the base is too small.

Glad that a chair can fit on the Joker one though so you can sit him if you like and not lose the display lights.

the stand looks pretty cool with the lights and all, but why couldn't HT go a little further and make the stand a storage box that can house all the joker's accessory parts? its a drag to always have to open the boxes just to swap a hand. And leaving the parts on the shelf just look bad (to me, anyways)

Thats actually a pretty cool idea. If they ever plan on making larger stands this would work fine imo.

Back