Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like everyone here are getting prepped and ready for the little dude. My money is ready.

I know you can customize snake. The closest you could get to Joker's Remington shot gun is with the Hot Toys RE5 Chris Redfield shot gun.

400px-SawnoffShotgun2.jpg

Ebay auction

EDIT:

Never mind, Maul's idea is better.

No, I prefer yours as it has the correct front. You only need to rework the back. If I had known this one before I think I would have taken this as the base...

Everything I want for this figure, I now have but the figure itself, I've got my BillyB shirt and tie, everything else is coming in this set, so I must sit and wait.

Sounds good Snake, keep us posted :)
Cheers Maul and Mollins will check those out ;)
Also what i've been meaning to ask, are the narrow trutypes that he's on, available and shipping yet? Need to get another ready

I have plenty of uses for the bodies, but if this thing is coming out in a week or so in HK, might be worth waiting to see in hand reports to see if by some chance it does have the extra body included after all. TT's are only $30, but still, if you'd like to save that, might be worth waiting to see if there's one in the set.

I really want to know why the box is double sized compared to most.

No, but Toys2 told someone that it's coming in a double sized box because the cost of shipping it in is higher, and someone else got a report elsewhere about 3 figures coming per case where a normal case is 6.

Maybe it comes with a fancy backdrop? It can't be just the polluted air from the China fab????
I think that is also the reason why Eric now only took my name down for DX2 and no deposit vs before deposit with written price of the item.
BTW for some other releases like DX2 BM he did seem pretty sure that based on his experience HT will make sure to line up all their major releases to be available for Xmas time in HK and we should get it in January.

If only I was moire into this hobby last year when I was in HK :(
But there is still a chance we are going Oct :D

Well, the base will be quite bulky, along with the additional outfit, the box size makes sense.... I would doubt that we'll get an additional TT for what amounts to two entire figures at the 160 (or so) price point. Especially if you take into account what we KNOW we're getting for that price: two outfits, PERS, 2 heads, light up base.

The base and all really doesn't necessitate a bigger box.

The Predator came in just about a normal size box, Marcus Wright came in a normal size box.

There's no need for a bigger box to accommodate those, they might do it, but to me that would be overkill. They might have the spare stuff rigged with a plastic manequin to show the full costume filled out or something, but that's just wasteful. Now I say this because future figures in this manner will cost more for shipping, and since I take it all out of the box, I don't want to pay more for features that will never benefit me.

The base and all really doesn't necessitate a bigger box.

The Predator came in just about a normal size box, Marcus Wright came in a normal size box.

There's no need for a bigger box to accommodate those, they might do it, but to me that would be overkill. They might have the spare stuff rigged with a plastic manequin to show the full costume filled out or something, but that's just wasteful. Now I say this because future figures in this manner will cost more for shipping, and since I take it all out of the box, I don't want to pay more for features that will never benefit me.

Well, you will be. The price point is really pretty good for what we already know we're getting. The larger package might just be additional hoopla behind the new DX line. Perhaps something in line with Enterbay level of packaging? Anyway, my point is this: larger box doesn't mean we'll get anything more with him. I agree with your point of paying more for something we really don't need. In the end we'll end up paying even more for even less I'd assume... as long as that DX is on the package they can charge more for less.

I kind of want the box to be a half and half like TwoFace... One side Cop Joker and other Mob Scene Joker... As for a pose for my Joker I want to wait until I have him in hand and play with him a little before I decide... Its about time these finally are coming Ive had mine on preorder since it was first up to order...

Well, you will be. The price point is really pretty good for what we already know we're getting. The larger package might just be additional hoopla behind the new DX line. Perhaps something in line with Enterbay level of packaging? Anyway, my point is this: larger box doesn't mean we'll get anything more with him. I agree with your point of paying more for something we really don't need. In the end we'll end up paying even more for even less I'd assume... as long as that DX is on the package they can charge more for less.

Except the money I'm talking about has nothing to do with the product. Handling charges can be driven by the seller, but shipping is determined by the delivery company based on size and weight, so if one Joker now occupies the phsyical space of 2 normal figures, it won't be exactly double because the weight shouldn't be as much but pretty close, so you're paying twice the shipping for almost the same ammount of internal content, assuming the box size is for fluff and not actual content requiring it, and to me that's crap and they should be less concerned with the presentation of the figure in the box and just the best way to get it to people. More than half the buyers rip it out of the box and don't care how it looks inside, so it would be foolish to pour too much into the box. Make some fancy graphics for the outisde, package it safely, but compact on the inside.

I understand and agree but I still think the larger package, and because of that package a higher shipping cost, becomes a necessary evil. Some do want an impressive box (not me) and some want tons of accessories (me) and you are still assuming that the larger box isn't needed and to be quite honest that's just hyperbole at this point as are all assumptions till we start getting in hand pics.

Speaking of which, this wait has been frickin' ridiculous!!!!

Back