Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's still a month away or slightly more.

I still reckon late September. As we should know HK then 2 - 3 - 4 weeks before Toys2 etc etc gets them.

ActionHQ has theirs down for 18th of September. I'm not holding my breath though on these expected dates. Look at Iron Man Mark 1 for example.

Anything's better than seeing October, even if it's September 30th :lol

Vodoun, what image did you use to make your avatar, the photo quality looks great, I'd love to see the whole image.

If the coat doesn't come out the right purple that we want, how would one go about dyeing it... if one dipped it the orange/red liner would become purple too... and would it make the material hard? since I have never dyed fabrics before.

Brushing on dye wouldn't look all that great I'd imagine, no? wouldn't it look somewhat uneven and kind of streaky or patchy like...

I've been wondering the same mate, not sure, probably have to be the first to try yourself lol.
Hehe i knew it would be Sept, goodshipped has been saying that since just after it was announced. Let's just hope it ain't any further than that! Nearly halfway through Aug now, so not long!.............Yes i know it's only the 8th, but hey, i'm a strangely optimistic kinda guy :D

If the coat doesn't come out the right purple that we want, how would one go about dyeing it... if one dipped it the orange/red liner would become purple too... and would it make the material hard? since I have never dyed fabrics before.

Brushing on dye wouldn't look all that great I'd imagine, no? wouldn't it look somewhat uneven and kind of streaky or patchy like...

Aside from changing the color of the liner, i'd worry that wetting the liner could permanent ruin it. Someone tried dying their Jack Sparrow coat once with a similar type of lining material and it decayed, looked HORRIBLE.

If the coat comes out a light color, you could always use heavily watered down purple paint and wet it onto the coat to dye it darker, but if it's a dark shade, I don't think you could tone down the color.

Also depends on what the fabric is like. Since it's a new one, we have no idea about it.

The after effects sounds evil. Sounds like the dye stripped the goodness from the material. :/

It was an ugly mess, it just made me glad I hadn't tried anything yet.

Like I said, with Joker's coat, if it's a shade that'll even lend to changing, lightly brushing on dye to the purple side would be the safest bet, just nothing that soaks the coat.

Sometimes dying can stiffen materials too, not sure what it would do to Joker's coat.

I've dyed basic things like pants and shirts, sort of standard cloth, but the Joker's coat is a textured fabric, not sure what it might do to that.

If it is, I'd say a similar process of brushing dye in, otherwise you'll dye the red lining on that one too.

Also, I hate to be repetitive but aside from Toys2 who/where is the safest, efficient but not outrageously priced toys collector store to buy from?

yep, that's right I waited to long with Toys2 with yet another product =/

Dude how can you say you waited too long when it's not out anywhere yet ?

Toys2 is out of pre-sale stock for this figure. He was saying that he waited too long and now they're gone.

I'd say be optimistic because I remember Toys2 re-listing the DX Joker for more pre-orders a while back (which sold out again). There's a chance they'll reopen for more pre-orders. Keep those fingers crossed. Otherwise, it's ebay for you if you want it when it hits HK.

Toys2 is out of pre-sale stock for this figure. He was saying that he waited too long and now they're gone.

I'd say be optimistic because I remember Toys2 re-listing the DX Joker for more pre-orders a while back (which sold out again). There's a chance they'll reopen for more pre-orders. Keep those fingers crossed. Otherwise, it's ebay for you if you want it when it hits HK.

Sorry I misunderstood what he meant. I wouldn't worry. It'll come back up as "in stock". I deal exclusively with Toys2 and figures always comes back "in stock" eventually unless the actual Hot Toys company is sold out, and i think it's kind of early for them to have run out already. I think Eric over at Toys2 just keeps tight tabs on numbers so he doesn't sell too much of what he doesn't have yet if you know what i mean.

Back