Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may have to pick one of these up for the movable eyes. God that would save me from having to paint them:lol I just wasnt to thrilled with the choice of makeup they went with. Maybe they will change it:confused:

HT slated this as a Q2-early Q3 release from the start, which was put up BEFORE HT stated they were making changes to the product, so it could even be Q4 now. Depends how drastic the changes are.

Thats true, https://www.hottoys.com.hk/product.php?cat=66&pid=421

From what I've learned from Hot Toys though, this isn't slating them or anything, just a saying... what they put on their website and what actually happens is two ENTIRELY different things regarding release dates.

I can't see a Q4 release. Maybe late Q3. 3 months away is still a long time.

Man I really hope this thing ships out before September. I preordered it with Joe for $200 because I was hoping to get early. 3rd quarter of 2009 is Late July/Early August NOT September. I haven't bought any HT products for awhile (last thing I bought was Bank Robber Joker) and I have the money NOW.

I can be patient but I hope this isn't similar to the DCD Bank Robber Joker where it was constantly getting pushed back, week by week. If the imported MMS DX that I preordered gets closer to the DCD release (which is December I think) then I'm just going to cancel.

Hopefully we see the initial reports of people in Hong Kong getting their figures in the coming weeks. If those reports and first pics of the final product come in after the middle of August, then, like I said, I'm done. I'll just stick with my V1 and Bank Robber Joker.

EDIT:

Eh, September IS part of the third quarter of the year. Still any closer to the DCD release date is unacceptable in my opinion. There always seems to be a problem with their figures that they need to fix before it comes out.

Well the longer it takes for Hot Toys to release the further the DCD date will be pushed back. If Hot Toys doesn't release until September than DCD may not get them in until January or Febuary of '10.

I don't imagine the changes will slow things down too much.

I mean exactly what changes were adressed.

I know the pattern to the suspenders was one thing brough up, but where that's likely just a printing function, they could probably make that change easy enough.

I know lining on the coat was mentioned but not sure that'll follow through, and the coat's purple color is more an assurance than change, making sure it comes through and doesn't get blackened like the v1.

I can't think of anything to do with this figure that would cause a significant delay, not like TDK Batman where the body and suit were retooled, and even that figure I believe was still right on time pretty much.

The PERS system could easily hold him up. Its the first time they've done it and so I'm sure there will be bugs that need to be worked out.

The PERS system could easily hold him up. Its the first time they've done it and so I'm sure there will be bugs that need to be worked out.

Without knowing the mechanics of it, yeah, that's the only cause for delay I could see, if something went wrong early on in production where the PERS wasn't coming out in tact or working right, everything else should be fine unless they have another John Connor incident with the paint.

Well almost all the fixes/proposed changes were to the costume i.e. fabric. So I'm thinking if HT was able to fix the Marcus Wright sculpt in a timely fashion with no reported delays than maybe we actually won't see a delay with Joker. Since I would imagine it takes more work to resculpt an entire head as opposed to just switching fabric(s).

Wishful thinking.. :lol

Yeah everything but the PERS should be familiar territory for Hot Toys. They've already made a purple suited Joker and this should only be slighlty modified from that. And I don't imagine the GPD uniform would give them much trouble. So unless something goes wrong with the paint like you said, only the PERS has potential for slowing this up.

Yeah. I have a feeling he will have them arrive in early August and then the extra week for shipment. Just a guess though ............ his page has its arrival set for "July"

Whatever it is, you and I are waiting on the same thing though so we can route for each other to hear something :)

Yeah everything but the PERS should be familiar territory for Hot Toys. They've already made a purple suited Joker and this should only be slighlty modified from that. And I don't imagine the GPD uniform would give them much trouble. So unless something goes wrong with the paint like you said, only the PERS has potential for slowing this up.

And thankfully, HT seems pretty wise at what it does to a point where few production mishaps occur. I've got like 20+ figures form Hot Toys and Connor's the first time I've ever heard of a production mishap occurring. Most figures are on time or maybe even early, late ones are rare with HT. Like I said, with all the changes TDK Batman underwent, I do believe he still shipped pretty much on schedule.

Whatever it is, you and I are waiting on the same thing though so we can route for each other to hear something :)

Absolutely :D Besides i'm constantly picking Eric's brain these days :lol He has been pretty darn accurate when giving me his updates.

Vito Corleone was a full month delay but his "updates" were pretty close. I will keep you all posted regardless.

And thankfully, HT seems pretty wise at what it does to a point where few production mishaps occur. I've got like 20+ figures form Hot Toys and Connor's the first time I've ever heard of a production mishap occurring. Most figures are on time or maybe even early, late ones are rare with HT. Like I said, with all the changes TDK Batman underwent, I do believe he still shipped pretty much on schedule.

And I have to give them credit that they are fixing and replacing all of the error Connors. Some of Sideshow's past releases could have benefited from being redone before being released. But I think that has more to do with the fact HT is in China and speak the language fluently and Sideshow doesn't. They have to make a big trip just to visit the factories and I'm sure the language barrier doesnt' help. So that is one advantage I think HT uses reguarly with fantastic results.

Well the Godfather I can understand delay on, I mean the thing had a whole extra element added to it that wasn't there and seemed to be conceived midway in production as a competitive element with Enterbay, but with Joker, everything was pretty much adressed from the first showing of pictures way back, and I don't think they'll be adding anything new into the mix, so I think he'll be pretty on time. John Connor, Predator, Dutch and Billy have all been pretty much right on schedule for their HK releases and then subsequent distributor dates.

HT does have benefits of being local and hands on with the factories, something I think that escapes people with Sideshow, Sideshow's more like a factory renter, they hire people and all but they don't seem to have the same hands on power, I mean Hot Toys has their lead painter personally oversee things in the factory, Sideshow's top people are domestic and can give inputs and feedback on samples, but it's not as easy a process. HT has all the benefits of their entire process being within one region. I'm sure if SSC had domestic factories they'd have equal qualtiy control. It seems like people don't care or factor in the differences in structure for the companies when they compare the two.

Well the Godfather I can understand delay on, I mean the thing had a whole extra element added to it that wasn't there and seemed to be conceived midway in production as a competitive element with Enterbay, but with Joker, everything was pretty much adressed from the first showing of pictures way back, and I don't think they'll be adding anything new into the mix, so I think he'll be pretty on time. John Connor, Predator, Dutch and Billy have all been pretty much right on schedule for their HK releases and then subsequent distributor dates.

No I understand that but just used Vito as an example on Eric giving accurate updates on its release. I do understand its delay.

Gotcha. Yeah, other than Predator 1, which seemed to be in 2 weeks for a month :lol, he's pretty on with dates usually.

Back