Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh I know people can find it funny...but I personally dont.

Humor is subjective...we've had this discussion before. Right Dev? :lol

No pics.. it's just HBO picked up TDK and has been showing it. And it's crystal clear on there, plus it's full screen (I have the widescreen DVD) so you can see better imo. And seeing it multiple times on HBO I'm convinced now that the jacket does indeed have 4 coat tails. :D

yeah, well, i know that the tails debate isn't really a big deal for some of us, but i think, for me, it is good knowing HT would do improvements to make the perfect joker as they promised :)
oh, and i'm sorry for being such a jerk defending this 4 tails (for there's no exact proof i can get for all of us here :D )

yeah, well, i know that the tails debate isn't really a big deal for some of us, but i think, for me, it is good knowing HT would do improvements to make the perfect joker as they promised :)
oh, and i'm sorry for being such a jerk defending this 4 tails (for there's no exact proof i can get for all of us here :D )

No apology needed. If you think you're right, you have to speak up. And you're right about "proof".. so far there is no definitive proof. It's speculation and guesses. You either believe or you don't. At first I didn't.. but after seeing it multiple times on HBO I now believe more so, meaning: I still don't know for 100%. Either way I could care less.. but it's an easy mod if HT goes with 3 tails or 4.

Right now I'm hoping for the other changes we all talked about: purple overcoat, correct liners, correct colors for the blazer/vest/shirt/tie, etc. Those things mean more imo than 3 or 4 coat tails. :D

Have there been any updates on this ones shipping date? I cant wait to have mine. I just ordered Dutch and Predator and should see both in the next 30 days or so...

July/August.. but remember that was before HT apparently said they were working on fixing certain things. So who knows if that release date has been pushed back because of that. :(

Man I really hope this thing ships out before September. I preordered it with Joe for $200 because I was hoping to get early. 3rd quarter of 2009 is Late July/Early August NOT September. I haven't bought any HT products for awhile (last thing I bought was Bank Robber Joker) and I have the money NOW.

I can be patient but I hope this isn't similar to the DCD Bank Robber Joker where it was constantly getting pushed back, week by week. If the imported MMS DX that I preordered gets closer to the DCD release (which is December I think) then I'm just going to cancel.

Hopefully we see the initial reports of people in Hong Kong getting their figures in the coming weeks. If those reports and first pics of the final product come in after the middle of August, then, like I said, I'm done. I'll just stick with my V1 and Bank Robber Joker.

EDIT:

Eh, September IS part of the third quarter of the year. Still any closer to the DCD release date is unacceptable in my opinion. There always seems to be a problem with their figures that they need to fix before it comes out.

Last edited:
Ok.. that would suck. :(

serious? I reckon it's not too bad. It'll be a late august/early sept ship, so it seems on par with what we're already thinking now anyway. I highly doubt we'll have him next month as some think. Ok by me, as long as they are fixing what needs fixing and don't screw him up :p :chew

January, February, March - Q1

April, May, June - Q2

July, August, September - Q3

October, November, December - Q4

Wee.

I edited my post before you quoted me.

:D

I don't think we're being too unreasonable here. First early July was getting thrown around then a few weeks ago it was August, now September. Even if I don't cancel and it ships in September I won't be able to see it months from the release date because of school and it would ship to my home address. If this is indeed the case I'll have to wait even longer. I'll "own" it, but not own it if that makes sense.

Last edited:
I don't think we're being too unreasonable here. First early July was getting thrown around then a few weeks ago it was August, now September.

HT slated this as a Q2-early Q3 release from the start, which was put up BEFORE HT stated they were making changes to the product, so it could even be Q4 now. Depends how drastic the changes are.

HT slated this as a Q2-early Q3 release from the start, which was put up BEFORE HT stated they were making changes to the product, so it could even be Q4 now. Depends how drastic the changes are.

Oh, so it was even eariler than July? All I know is that I preordered this pretty early in the game. The end of March I think, when it was announced that it came with the regular mob Joker parts along with the new pics.

Back