1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just opened my second one a few minutes ago. It's different from the first which was super glossy and the bare metal was mirror like. I ended up doing this to it.

Here is the new one. Great paint job and gloss finish. Like cof said, I'll probably dull it with a matte clear coat. The straps also suck but you'll never see them anyway. Great piece for $22. Waiting on my second helmet now. The first one had a little accident so now that's getting some battle damage to match the shield.

Just opened my second one a few minutes ago. It's different from the first which was super glossy and the bare metal was mirror like. I ended up doing this to it.

That's awesome. You can even give it to Winter Soldier when he arrives. :)

_1388418190.jpg

I probably will but I already bought a Barrett sniper rifle and MGL (multiple grenade launcher) for him. I guess I could have a weekly weapon rotation for Winter Soldier. :dunno

I may end up giving it to civilian Steve for the epic shield punch.

The one that came with Golden Age is going to STRIKE Cap so Golden Age is going to get either this new knockoff of the super damaged one. I think the stealth shield is going to stay in the box.

LOL we are such a fickle bunch. But I'll probably do just about the same thing.

What about one for Iron Patriot? Don't forget about that. ;)

Iron Patriot IS a shield. He does look very cool with it but I envision him having one like Tony made for Cap on Avengers Assemble, i.e. a virtual shield. Didn't one come with your custom Director of SHIELD set?

I've also deconstructed my Star Spangled Cap so I'm playing around with different outfits for him. I'm using the Steve sculpt from OneSixthKit while keeping the spandex suit and just layering on tactical pants, jackets, harnesses, etc. Still haven't found the look I like but I'm sure something will click eventually.

Cool! Share some pics when you get something you like.

Maybe we need a "custom Cap" thread now, like the custom Wolverine thread....?

Here is the new one. Great paint job and gloss finish. Like cof said, I'll probably dull it with a matte clear coat. The straps also suck but you'll never see them anyway. Great piece for $22. Waiting on my second helmet now. The first one had a little accident so now that's getting some battle damage to match the shield.

Very nice! How did you achieve that?

The battle damage? First I sanded off a little paint then dry brushed over it until the desired effect. I used a wet cloth to lighten certain areas. Once I finished I gave it 4 coats of clear coat.

3ure5y3y.jpg

My first Cap, very happy with it. Just need the loose helmet and head.

sent from The Leaky Cauldron

I hope you have him there just for photos. That light won't do him any favors over time...

They need to make more of these bases. I was waiting on the STRIKE suit version to see if I should get that or the Avengers version. But I want that base. Maybe they'll have more in a few months.

I really like those character specific stands, wish HT would start doing that.

I'd like to get the Cap stand for the Stealth suit Cap... who all has ordered from this place?

I hope you have him there just for photos. That light won't do him any favors over time...

They need to make more of these bases. I was waiting on the STRIKE suit version to see if I should get that or the Avengers version. But I want that base. Maybe they'll have more in a few months.

Lol, no I would never display my figures on the window. I like taking pics with daylight. It's too gloomy where I keep them and I don't like to use flash.

sent from The Leaky Cauldron

Back