1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did a little experiment at work today. I had to pop in to do some other things and when i was finished i did some dremelling. I took one of the empty GA helmets i bought from Kit Chen and a bootleg Rescue Sculpt i bought on Ebay a while back. I dremelled the head till it would fit in the mask just to see if a neutral sculpt would look better in there.
I think it does, even though it's a bootleg rescue sculpt(So it's not the best likeness, i know).
Oh, and i don't have my GA Cap yet, so i took pics on TFA version.

00BF11A5-4604-473E-8FF6-E3DE470ABADB.jpg

506D02A7-C77D-4658-A5B9-E9614D5C9716.jpg

56C79506-08B5-434B-89A0-FC30B74A94AC.jpg

E21B86F0-76B3-4B8D-A82B-3679E4A7DF02.jpg

E67FA5E6-F40E-4FE9-AAF6-85D890ACF0F6.jpg

2A9AA90C-408B-49AB-A4C7-FB0FA0D59244.jpg

Looking good username! Like that a lot

This figure is great. Way better than TFA. Makes me want to sell that one but will probably keep it for nostalgia.

I like them both quite a bit honestly. I don't know if I can pick between them. I think I like TFA HS better and the accessories better, but GA feels more solid overall and I like the outfit better. They are both really close though and I'm glad I have them in my collection.

Love your red rope display around the figure, very cool.

:rock

Thanks Rory.
I made that in anticipation for my MKVII last year.
I have kept it on a shelf and occasionally take pics with figures using it.
:lol
It's actually fairly easily made. I bought brass tubing and filled it with resin, then chopped it into lengths and added the other parts i found in homebase which were from decorative brass cupboard hinge fittings. The poles are drilled through the base so they are set into place.

IMG_4511.jpg

IMG_4513.jpg

IMG_4648.jpg

Did a little experiment at work today. I had to pop in to do some other things and when i was finished i did some dremelling. I took one of the empty GA helmets i bought from Kit Chen and a bootleg Rescue Sculpt i bought on Ebay a while back. I dremelled the head till it would fit in the mask just to see if a neutral sculpt would look better in there.
I think it does, even though it's a bootleg rescue sculpt(So it's not the best likeness, i know).
Oh, and i don't have my GA Cap yet, so i took pics on TFA version.

00BF11A5-4604-473E-8FF6-E3DE470ABADB.jpg

506D02A7-C77D-4658-A5B9-E9614D5C9716.jpg

56C79506-08B5-434B-89A0-FC30B74A94AC.jpg

E21B86F0-76B3-4B8D-A82B-3679E4A7DF02.jpg

E67FA5E6-F40E-4FE9-AAF6-85D890ACF0F6.jpg

2A9AA90C-408B-49AB-A4C7-FB0FA0D59244.jpg
That's really good! I was thinking the same thing. But with the Golden Age body. Attach the Steve Rogers sculpt from the Stealth STRIKE 2 pack, then put the helmet on.

Almost finished with my custom die cast shield.

A few coats of satin clear coat followed by dry brush/sponge of black, burnt sienna and iridescent silver. Then I used a wet brush to thin out some of the heavier spots.

I finished one side of the straps, replacing them with deer skin leather. I was able to use all of the old hardware and just added some pin heads for accent rivets. Pretty happy with how it turned out, considering it's my first go at something like this.

Going to pose Winter Soldier holding this once he's released.

Almost finished with my custom die cast shield.

A few coats of satin clear coat followed by dry brush/sponge of black, burnt sienna and iridescent silver. Then I used a wet brush to thin out some of the heavier spots.

I finished one side of the straps, replacing them with deer skin leather. I was able to use all of the old hardware and just added some pin heads for accent rivets. Pretty happy with how it turned out, considering it's my first go at something like this.

Going to pose Winter Soldier holding this once he's released.

Looks amazing, Great work!
Did you drybrush on the weathering?

That red rope display is something else. Very nice Username :)

Thanks.
I also did a red carpet display for my civvie Avengers.

IMG_5043.jpg

IMG_5045.jpg

I'm dying to get the Winter Soldier and Falcon to go with this guy cuz I have a feeling it will make him better. When I put TDW Loki with the Light Armor Thor it made them both seem 10 times better in my opinion so I'm hoping the other figures from this line will have the same affect on GA Cap

Back