1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the option of keeping this figure or selling it - what do you think guys?

I really love TWS, and as much as Id like to have a figure to represent that movie and this being an important outfit in the classic scene, Im hesitant with modding such an expensive figure, plus with the daft looking head, its just making me not looking forward to opening and unboxing this.

Should I just wait and just make do with the excellent 2 pack Cap and Rogers set and call it a day? A bit biased is to be expected of course, since this is, after all is the GA thread :lol

I currently have seven Captain America figures, including this one (eight if you include the female version). So I would suggest someone else takes this question.

I have the option of keeping this figure or selling it - what do you think guys?

I really love TWS, and as much as Id like to have a figure to represent that movie and this being an important outfit in the classic scene, Im hesitant with modding such an expensive figure, plus with the daft looking head, its just making me not looking forward to opening and unboxing this.

Should I just wait and just make do with the excellent 2 pack Cap and Rogers set and call it a day? A bit biased is to be expected of course, since this is, after all is the GA thread :lol

I personally LOVE this figure.
I had every intention of selling it if I don't like it as much as my TFA. But its a keeper.
The thing is, even after seeing the stealth, and avengers 2 suit, the
GA is THE CAPTAIN AMERICA suit for me.

I really love the mesh of superhero plus ww2 military look of the golden age suit.
Plus, as everyone mentioned time and time again, the suit doesn't look bulky in dynamic pose, and the expression also
Grows on you, as long as you have a dynamic pose.
And as far as mods, The only one I've done is loosening his pants since they're too tight, looking like skinny jeans when it comes out of the box.
But other than that, mine is stock.

I currently have seven Captain America figures, including this one (eight if you include the female version). So I would suggest someone else takes this question.

:lol

I had every intention of selling it if I don't like it as much as my TFA. But its a keeper.

I really love the mesh of superhero plus ww2 military look of the golden age suit.
Plus, as everyone mentioned time and time again, the suit doesn't look bulky in dynamic pose, and the expression also
And as far as mods, The only one I've done is loosening his pants since they're too tight, looking like skinny jeans when it comes out of the box.

That sounds positive.

Do you feel the need to replace body, take out stuffing on shoulder pads as well, the more pics of the modified one you see here?

:exactly::goodpost:

I had the same feeling when I first unboxed him. But he grew on me. I am also a Cap fan so I have all of them except SSM. That head is worse than this one. Plus he never used it in battle, it was basically a joke in the movie. Also being a limited promo, I'd keep it. Maybe sell it down the road if you plan to. Also you can always put the Rogers head on it. Also the shield is the best it has ever been. I have seen the copies but they don't measure to this one. The copies are glossy and shiny which isn't movie correct.

:lol

That sounds positive.

Do you feel the need to replace body, take out stuffing on shoulder pads as well, the more pics of the modified one you see here?

I don't plan on changing the body at all.
I like his size...the mass, and his height.
I really don't see much difference on pics when the body is swapped.

The mod that I was for sure I was gonna do at first is taking out the shoulder pads.
But even that actually doesn't bother me at the moment cause of the dynamic pose.
But, like what Robbie asked, if the shoulder pads could be taken out by simply taking out the neck and pulling it, then I might try it.
If it's more of a hassle, nah, not gonna bother.
The only time I do mods is if something is bothering me, and so far, it was just the loosening the pants.
I like him the way it is.

Whats a good price for this guy? Are people even still interested in it, given the aftermarket prices? I put mine up for sale for $315 but I'm wondering if that's still too high. I wanna sell for a fair price but I'd also like to get what its worth. Its a great figure and the head sculpt has grown on me, but I decided to stick with my avengers figures to represent Marvel in my collection.

Back