1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HT haven't really done a BD clothed figure though have they?
Terminator doesn't count, it's just holes really. And Luke was an example of how BD isn't easily achievable on a mass produced clothed figure.
Am I missing one?

HT haven't really done a BD clothed figure though have they?
Terminator doesn't count, it's just holes really. And Luke was an example of how BD isn't easily achievable on a mass produced clothed figure.
Am I missing one?

I would think BD Luke and Terminator are signs they have done BD figures.
There was BD and blood on the T2 BD figure. And they have another Terminator figure coming out with BD on it.
So, i would say they have.

Just got back from seeing the movie, I promise no spoilers to those that haven't seen it but I must just say, The "Golden Age" suit is only worn for part of the movie! The suit he wears for about 70% is this darker blue with silver detailing. (As seen in pics, Stealth suit?), I assume that will be the "General release" one?

Just got back from seeing the movie, I promise no spoilers to those that haven't seen it but I must just say, The "Golden Age" suit is only worn for part of the movie! The suit he wears for about 70% is this darker blue with silver detailing. (As seen in pics, Stealth suit?), I assume that will be the "General release" one?

Interesting as every other review I've read said it's split about 30% each between his "Stealth", civilian, and Golden Age suits. I'm not too bothered though as he didn't get his final suit in TFA until about the final 30% as well. But whatever the case, I can't wait to see it myself in 5 days and can't wait to get this around the Cap 2 bluray release.

Interesting as every other review I've read said it's split about 30% each between his "Stealth", civilian, and Golden Age suits. I'm not too bothered though as he didn't get his final suit in TFA until about the final 30% as well. But whatever the case, I can't wait to see it myself in 5 days and can't wait to get this around the Cap 2 bluray release.

It's a great film :) He wears the "Stealth" costume on and off for around the first 50 mins then he wears the "Golden Age" for the last 30 mins. In between he's in Civilian clothing.

I think most of us already assumed he wears the stealth suit most of the film

It might seem that way, but he wears the Golden Age suit for a bit longer, in terms of movie minutes wearing it.
Spoiler Spoiler:

I would think BD Luke and Terminator are signs they have done BD figures.
There was BD and blood on the T2 BD figure. And they have another Terminator figure coming out with BD on it.
So, i would say they have.

I meant proper BD weathering, neither Luke or Terminator had it. Cap would require more than a splash of blood and a hole or two in the fabric? Sculpts sure, but haven't seen it from ht on costume yet.

I meant proper BD weathering, neither Luke or Terminator had it. Cap would require more than a splash of blood and a hole or two in the fabric? Sculpts sure, but haven't seen it from ht on costume yet.

Not sure exactly what you mean, the BD Terminator had weathering on the clothes, scuff marks, blood, bullet holes, rips and torn leather outfit, also torn shirt with blood stains around it not to meantion the body and head sculpt.

This release must have them sitting up and saying: "Cap is selling like an IM release??? Hmmm. Are there any Cap variants we haven't made yet?"

Skinny Steve is only a matter of time.
It's kind of weird to me though that this one is selling so much yet Sideshow is still sitting on their exclusive releases of the Rescue and Star Spangled Man Captain America figures. Either Hot Toys made a bunch of those two and not enough of this one or this one is more popular maybe because it's looked at as a more traditional suit possibly or for people who missed out on The First America version maybe.

It's kind of weird to me though that this one is selling so much yet Sideshow is still sitting on their exclusive releases of the Rescue and Star Spangled Man Captain America figures. Either Hot Toys made a bunch of those two and not enough of this one or this one is more popular maybe because it's looked at as a more traditional suit possibly or for people who missed out on The First America version maybe.

SSM Cap was just poorly made.... I only got mine with a coupon from another site for $145, I would never pay $215 for this, poor head sculpt, can't even turn his head to face a different direction, poorly put together body, shoulder joint problems, I have no clue how they decided to put it all together. Rescue Cap on the other hand is a beautiful figure. Only problem I had was they used an old body with ratchet arms I think (elbow and entire arm like SSM Cap) and the leg joints were kind of loose where I NEED the stand to support him.

I think this cap looks perfect assuming it turns out as good at mass productio. I am not entirely sure how im going to pay for it though,
im getting hit hard in aug. Hope i dont have to cancel anything.

Glad I preordered this. While I am.sticking to Star Wars and Predator figures with the occassional Iron Man mixed in, this Captain America was too good to pass up on. Can't wait.

...Rescue Cap on the other hand is a beautiful figure. Only problem I had was they used an old body with ratchet arms I think...

It sure feels that way. A great figure but his arms are difficult to pose. I haven't had difficulty with the legs but the arms have never limbered up. I have a WWII Liberator and I just leave him sitting on that most of the time, although he'll have to move because It will become TWS Cap's bike soon.

My6csS3.jpg

It sure feels that way. A great figure but his arms are difficult to pose. I haven't had difficulty with the legs but the arms have never limbered up. I have a WWII Liberator and I just leave him sitting on that most of the time, although he'll have to move because It will become TWS Cap's bike soon.
QUOTE]

I'm with you on the arms Kam, they are a pita to move at joints...gingerly is the word when posing rescue-capt.

Man, I really, reeeeeeally hope that Hot Toys make a civilian clothed Cap. I know you could probably kitbash together a civvi Cap, but Hot Toys tailoring and screen accuracy would be a win

Some of my fave scenes in this film are in his Civilian clothes, that goes for the shield suit as well

and i really want to re-create the scene where;

Spoiler Spoiler:

Was so happy I was able to jump on the preorder the day it became available. Finally I'll have a Cap to add to the 1/6 shelf. While I'm not crazy about the expression, it's not a deal breaker for me.

Kamandi: loving the pic! I would love to have a setup like that for WWII Cap.

Was so happy I was able to jump on the preorder the day it became available. Finally I'll have a Cap to add to the 1/6 shelf. While I'm not crazy about the expression, it's not a deal breaker for me.

Kamandi: loving the pic! I would love to have a setup like that for WWII Cap.

Thanks! I took this one earlier today.

S6I5swV.png

I've been looking forward to the new flick and I have the CA:TWS Golden Age Ver on pre-order... so I've been on a bit of a CA kick recently.

Man this one went quick. Waitlisted here, but if it doesn't come through, it's cool....still have the FA version...

Back