1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uhhhhhhh what?

I'll break it down for you, Brainiac:

Late to the party! - I've been off the boards for a while

Was kicking myself when I realized I had missed the PO - This one's pretty easy too. This figure went fast and is waitlist on SS.

until I noticed the history revisionist changes to the WWII suit. - The suit is suppose to be the suit from TFA. It's in the Smithsonian, but it had several subtle yet major changes to it, ie: history revision. Still following?

Looks great, but I'm good with my TFA figure. - After your brain stops aching from processing the above bits, this one shouldn't be too hard for you to solve.

Late to the party! Was kicking myself when I realized I had missed the PO until I noticed the history revisionist changes to the WWII suit. Looks great, but I'm good with my TFA figure.

The revisions are deliberate and part of the story. Steve's suit that he was frozen in was damaged beyond repair so when the Smithsonian recreated it for their memorial they took the opportunity to tweak the design to make for a more "exhibit friendly" superhero display. That's why the black and white footage in the same exhibit doesn't match the costume on display.

I solved it, Brainiac. He likes the Brad Pitt version of Captain America. Must be the platinum hair. Probably thought Troy was a good movie too.

Hector! :gah:

That's the official line? :lol

Museum of artifacts: That original suit is in tatters from being frozen! Let's make a new one, but change it from how it actually was!

Sorry, that just feels like a piss poor fan explanation.

I solved it, Brainiac. He likes the Brad Pitt version of Captain America. Must be the platinum hair. Probably thought Troy was a good movie too.

SOAr8M4.gif

That's the official line? :lol

Museum of artifacts: That original suit is in tatters from being frozen! Let's make a new one, but change it from how it actually was!

Sorry, that just feels like a piss poor fan explanation.

This is the official explanation

Here's the explanation of the "Golden Age" suit from the source in the Art Book

OJAnoM0.jpg

EuC8CjS.jpg

^Thanks for that :). A little easier to understand now, though it still has a producer 'let's change it after the fact!' feel. Might have to get this now! OCD! OCD! OCD!

Uhhhhhhh what?

I'll break it down for you, Brainiac:

Late to the party! - I've been off the boards for a while

Was kicking myself when I realized I had missed the PO - This one's pretty easy too. This figure went fast and is waitlist on SS.

until I noticed the history revisionist changes to the WWII suit. - The suit is suppose to be the suit from TFA. It's in the Smithsonian, but it had several subtle yet major changes to it, ie: history revision. Still following?

Looks great, but I'm good with my TFA figure. - After your brain stops aching from processing the above bits, this one shouldn't be too hard for you to solve.

Thanks!

I gotchya. I'm not looking forward to paying, just looking forward to the figure!!

Oh don't get me wrong I really want the figure, just not now :lol I'm buying two rare figures I missed and have like 6 Flex-pay payments at the start of the month and like 4688 pre-orders coming this month! Well OK its more like 12... but I wouldnt object to the release being pushed forward to say June

hope mine converts :pray: How about you guys anybody else getting conversion emails or just a couple of you?

Assuming you jumped on the waitlist say within a few hours to it selling out you might be lucky enough to get one closer to the release date. Never lose hope

Oh don't get me wrong I really want the figure, just not now :lol I'm buying two rare figures I missed and have like 6 Flex-pay payments at the start of the month and like 4688 pre-orders coming this month! Well OK its more like 12... but I wouldnt object to the release being pushed forward to say June

June would be perfect! I have nothing coming that month

Back