1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No he wasn't. He was in STRIKE most of the film when he wasn't just Steve, this was just for the final fight.

It's about 42 minutes in the bike ride along the bridge, and that's the last time we see the Strike suit.
As for ACTUAL minutes in the suit on screen, the Golden Age suit gets way more screen action.
But it does seem that he wears the Strike suit more. Even though he doesn't.

It seems like he wears the STRIKE suit more because he wears it longer in the movie, while the other suit is only in the final battle scene. But I do think that the Golden Age suit gets more actual screen time. Either way, I don't think one suit completely dominates screen time over the other.

The suit screen time made sense to me. The have nearly equal time in the film. Roughly, anyway. I figure about 30% STRIKE suit. 40% civilian clothes. 30% Golden Age suit. I thought it was well done.

As for the STRIKE suit shield being powder blue, it came across as being low visibility on screen. And it wasnt gloss coated at all. It seemed to deflect the light pretty well. My beef with the shield is at no point was it as worn down or faded as the posters or figures. Im not sure why they did that...

And is it just me, or has Hot Toys pulled the Golden Age figure from ordering status? When I find it now it says "Preview" and under its listing it says it will be up for Pre-Order soon. What gives? After watching the movie mid day Sunday I decided to buy TGA version. It was available Sunday morning, allbeit as a Waitlist. Now it's just gone and says it will be up for Pre-Order soon. Im wondering if Hot Toys pulled it temporarily to make more to meet the high demand. I know its supposed to be a limited edition, but it just seems like they might be trying to milk the cash cow for a few hundred more figures. Why else would you pull a Waitlisted item and list it as up for a Pre-Order preview?o

Can anybody chime in on this one? I feel like I missed the boat. I wish I had snagged this guy before hand. I already have Avengers Cap but wanted this one after I saw the movie. I dont like owning multiples of figures but TGA Cap just seems right somehow. I really liked the Smithsonian exhibit. Such a great tribute to an amazing character.

Agree with everyone that the movie was awesome. As good as Avengers for my money.

Im wondering if Hot Toys pulled it temporarily to make more to meet the high demand. I know its supposed to be a limited edition, but it just seems like they might be trying to milk the cash cow for a few hundred more figures. Why else would you pull a Waitlisted item and list it as up for a Pre-Order preview?o

Can anybody chime in on this one? .

I am interested in knowing this too. Does hot toys actually produce more to meet demand? Despite it being limited edition?

Uhhhh.... STEALTH? Bright red, white and blue isn't exactly stealthy.

Powder Blue is not exactly stealthy, and neither is silver for that matter. It was just a bad design choice IMHO. They could have went with a totally gunmetal grey look on the shield along with making the silver on his uniform a really dark grey if it was supposed to be a true stealth suit but it's Captain America and based on a actual design from the books so they tried to compromise on the shield colors. Why not just make the red on the shield match the maroon on his uniform? That would have been more stealth and made more sense design wise. And the costume just looks better with his normal shield anyway so that's how I'm going to display it. Spoiler:

Plus he's using the normal shield when he stands up for what's right and busts out of shield.

My beef with the shield is at no point was it as worn down or faded as the posters or figures. Im not sure why they did that...

Saw the movie for the 3rd time yesterday and paid particular attention to the shield. It's the blue/silver stealth version at the beginning for the mission on the Lemurian Star, then it's his normal red/blue/silver one for the rest of the movie. It does get dirtied up when
Spoiler Spoiler:

Then it's cleaned up again during the final battle. At no point did I see any kind of paint chipping/actual damage to the paint. It was just different colors, and clean/dirty.

Saw the movie for the 3rd time yesterday and paid particular attention to the shield. It's the blue/silver stealth version at the beginning for the mission on the Lemurian Star, then it's his normal red/blue/silver one for the rest of the movie. It does get dirtied up when
Spoiler Spoiler:

Then it's cleaned up again during the final battle. At no point did I see any kind of paint chipping/actual damage to the paint. It was just different colors, and clean/dirty.

The Stealth paint/covering is pretty chipped up here. Not to the same point as the one that comes with the figure but close.

Captain-America-The-Winter-Soldier-Captain-America-and-Batroc.jpg

This issue is that it's supposed to look like the stealth covering being chipped away to reveal the red underneath and not the other way around.

I can absolutely confirm it will be included on the extra features section. It is the Marvel One Shot for this film titled "Of Missiles and Men."

Cant wait to see it. Coulson makes a cameo.

In Captain America related news, Sideshow must have found they have additional stock. I found the figure listing again after much searching and it was listed as "unavailable but we are currently checking for extra stock." So Im on the waitlist! I know it isnt much, but Im still excited that I made it on the list. I keep wondering if this figure is going to pull a Hawkeye and be worth $500+ shortly after his release.

I hope I get this guy. If I do, Im going to pick up a 1/6 42WLA to sit him on. May even put the shield up in front of the handlebars and make it so the bike is jumping rubble. I would weather the bike to make it look well used.

In Captain America related news, Sideshow must have found they have additional stock. I found the figure listing again after much searching and it was listed as "unavailable but we are currently checking for extra stock." So Im on the waitlist! I know it isnt much, but Im still excited that I made it on the list. I keep wondering if this figure is going to pull a Hawkeye and be worth $500+ shortly after his release.

I hope I get this guy. If I do, Im going to pick up a 1/6 42WLA to sit him on. May even put the shield up in front of the handlebars and make it so the bike is jumping rubble. I would weather the bike to make it look well used.
I wouldn't go as far to compare it to hawkeye but I definitely think we will see a price jump.

Back