1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I won a facebook contest (on the HT facebook page not Sideshow) for the this Golden Age Cap and just got my shipping confirmation from them about an hour ago. From what they told me, this is the Cap figure I won. If not and something is getting lost in translation then that will suck :lol

Good stuff dude! Even in this early stage of production I'd be confident that it's a WS Cap since it's a HT contest and not a SS. Especially if you say that's what they're telling you. I can’t wait for the update :lol

Congrats on winning such an awesome figure n_n. Hoping it's not a scam, brochacho ;). Can't wait to see pics of this bad boy!
thanks! hoping they're English didn't foul up :lol
Pics or it didn't happen
will have pics when it gets here. It's in customs :( idk how long customs usually takes as I vary rarely buy outside of the US and when I do, they move right on through. from the tracking it's still in Chicago ISC and HT shipped it Priority International Express
Grats Gipetto! :hi5:
thanks buddy! hoping it's this figure :lol if not I'm going to need to hop on the WL :lol
Good stuff dude! Even in this early stage of production I'd be confident that it's a WS Cap since it's a HT contest and not a SS. Especially if you say that's what they're telling you. I can’t wait for the update :lol

Thanks man! I'll let you guys know when I know

They were giving away the figure!?:gah: I thought they said (quoted from HT Facebook) "a set of Captain America: The Winter Soldier premiums" and HT always seems to call their promotion souvenirs "premiums" just like for Iron Man 3 last year. Should've asked all my bro to enter if I knew they were giving away the figure. LOL

Watched captain America winter solider tonight ... omg that is an awesome.movie ! Big clap for marvel that was amazing and so so so so much action !! They NEED to make a falcon figure!! His wings and jetpacks would be dope!!

Hi! I'm new here, and I have a question about this figure. :)

Since it says "movie promo edition" is there any chance that they will release another version of Cap in this suit? Perhaps with a Chris Evans head sculpt? Unfortunately I missed out in ordering him from sideshow. I know they will release his stealth suit relatively soon, but personally I prefer his golden age suit. Also, when they do release his 'stealth suit', do you think they will include a red white and blue shield along with the 'weathered' blue shield?

Thank you so much! :)

Since it says "movie promo edition" is there any chance that they will release another version of Cap in this suit? Perhaps with a Chris Evans head sculpt? Unfortunately I missed out in ordering him from sideshow. I know they will release his stealth suit relatively soon, but personally I prefer his golden age suit. Also, when they do release his 'stealth suit', do you think they will include a red white and blue shield along with the 'weathered' blue shield?

It would be hard to say if they will release him in this suit again. Hot toys is somewhat unpredictable with their releases.

It would be hard to say if they will release him in this suit again. Hot toys is somewhat unpredictable with their releases.

Ah, okay. I was just wondering because during the Avengers, they released a movie promo version of Iron Man ( battle damaged?), and then they released the Mark VII which we own, so I had a little hope. :) But then again, hot toys releases so many Iron man figures. :lol

WOW! Someone's getting this soon! :clap
hope so! :lol
Fingers crossed for ya Gipetto! You are getting some free stuff regardless, which is cool!!
thanks man! like you said, either way it's something free and I've never won anything before so I'm still excited
They were giving away the figure!?:gah: I thought they said (quoted from HT Facebook) "a set of Captain America: The Winter Soldier premiums" and HT always seems to call their promotion souvenirs "premiums" just like for Iron Man 3 last year. Should've asked all my bro to enter if I knew they were giving away the figure. LOL

you could very well be right. the only reason I'm thinking I'm getting the figure is because of how they worded it in the email

"Congratulations for being selected as a winner for Hot Toys Golden Age Captain America"

so it could be the figure (which is what I've been thinking) or they could've accidentally left out the word "contest" :lol so it's anyones guess now. tracking says it just left customs so I'll probably have it by friday, whatever it turns out to be

this might be it for this suit

I wouldn't count on them releasing another golden age version until Averngers 2. Which means your looking at late 2015 or probably 2016. I'd bet money they make another though:)

Gipetto0812, I don't think I've ever been this excited for someone else to recieve something I wasn't giving them lol. Fingers crossed for ya and can't wait to see pics if its this figure.

Watched captain America winter solider tonight ... omg that is an awesome.movie ! Big clap for marvel that was amazing and so so so so much action !! They NEED to make a falcon figure!! His wings and jetpacks would be dope!!

I think we are pretty much guaranteed the Falcon figure based on the pics they posted before.

I think we are pretty much guaranteed the Falcon figure based on the pics they posted before.

not necessarily as we have seen full figures of other licenses that have yet to be shown at all and all we saw was the closed backpack of falcon's wings unpainted and porbably the rough mould (or mold?) which is the easy part. The hard part is the wings itself, foldable or comes with opened and unopened? It will depend on how HT views the falcon. To me he's a major success as the film is totally awesome. So here's hoping he gets released and not some exclusive or promo version.

Ah, okay. I was just wondering because during the Avengers, they released a movie promo version of Iron Man ( battle damaged?), and then they released the Mark VII which we own, so I had a little hope. :) But then again, hot toys releases so many Iron man figures. :lol

I doubt we will see this version again. There was a Mark VI promo for Avengers then didn't see the Mark VI again. You say we got the Mark VII BD promo for IM3 but that was AFTER we got the regular MKVII from Avengers. Wouldn't make sense to release a mainstream version after an exclusive. Won't be much of an exclusive and will lose its value.

I wouldn't count on them releasing another golden age version until Averngers 2. Which means your looking at late 2015 or probably 2016. I'd bet money they make another though:)

I doubt we'll see another one. They wouldn't go backwards. Unless the Golden Age suit becomes a DX.

I personally would imagine that the prize is a figure from the first film, but then they are promoting winter solider so again that makes no sense? Either way you've won some free stuff and it'd be pretty cool if it is the new figure.

Back