1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really happy with this release and the longer I have it, the more I like it. There's a still from the film floating around with Cap and Falcon just before they jump on the helicarrier. Cap looks really puffy in that particular scene where even I thought he looked a bit goofy. I think the figure captures the film character to near perfection. I personally wont be making any mods aside from the occasional head swap once the stealth pack gets released.

Star Spangled is another story. I basically tore him apart and bashed him back together with whatever I could find. I ended up with what I'm calling "Riot Control Cap."

Like what you've done here, man!

Damn happy I kept this :). Yes, the sculpt is less than stellar but I don't mind it at all and the expression doesn't bother me or look half as doofey as some pics suggest. HT's have had some much bigger swings and misses before. While it's not one of their better likenesses, it's hard to say that there's zero Evans in it.

I watched enough reviews, saw enough pics and read a lot of comments so I felt like I knew exactly what to expect when I unboxed, and it still had the "better in hand" effect. Even the puffy shoulders are becoming a little less of an issue the more I look him over. I'll see how I feel about them in a few weeks; maybe I'll do the mod if the high wears off and they start to bug me. I really dug him right out of the box and he's definitely growing on me by the minute.

Really, the one thing that has my OCD buzzing is this f'n crooked belt!

Damn happy I kept this :). Yes, the sculpt is less than stellar but I don't mind it at all and the expression doesn't bother me or look half as doofey as some pics suggest. HT's have had some much bigger swings and misses before. While it's not one of their better likenesses, it's hard to say that there's zero Evans in it.

I watched enough reviews, saw enough pics and read a lot of comments so I felt like I knew exactly what to expect when I unboxed, and it still had the "better in hand" effect. Even the puffy shoulders are becoming a little less of an issue the more I look him over. I'll see how I feel about them in a few weeks; maybe I'll do the mod if the high wears off and they start to bug me. I really dug him right out of the box and he's definitely growing on me by the minute.

Really, the one thing that has my OCD buzzing is this f'n crooked belt!

As if you could ever say no to this guy....

goldenagecap.jpg

Being on the WL and not too sure if the WL is already fulfilled, there was finally a decent priced GA Cap for sale from a fellow freak. There is still chance for me to own every Hot Toys Cap that Hot Toys puts out.

So who was the person who scored the GA Cap for $200 shipped?

Being on the WL and not too sure if the WL is already fulfilled, there was finally a decent priced GA Cap for sale from a fellow freak. There is still chance for me to own every Hot Toys Cap that Hot Toys puts out.

So who was the person who scored the GA Cap for $200 shipped?

Good price imo

Good price imo

Good price?? That's below retail. This guy still goes for over $300 easily on the secondary market. Glad I have him too. After watching the movie again I just think this is the one to have if forced to choose between this and strike suit. That's a really nice figure with a better sculpt but not nearly as iconic. Or rare as this guy will be either.

Good price?? That's below retail. This guy still goes for over $300 easily on the secondary market. Glad I have him too. After watching the movie again I just think this is the one to have if forced to choose between this and strike suit. That's a really nice figure with a better sculpt but not nearly as iconic. Or rare as this guy will be either.

I too am glad to have this guy....... great figure

I may be selling mine soon but I don't think it'll be that low lol

Good price imo

I don't see the sellers post anymore that had it for $200 shipped. It sounded too good to be true. He was a premium member but had way below 50 post. He had other figures that goes for double the price on the secondary market but was selling it for close to retail or even below.

Could someone confirm it if they saw that post too.

I don't see the sellers post anymore that had it for $200 shipped. It sounded too good to be true. He was a premium member but had way below 50 post. He had other figures that goes for double the price on the secondary market but was selling it for close to retail or even below.

Could someone confirm it if they saw that post too.

Yep, I saw that post. As a matter of fact, I was the one who him the $200, and thought the transaction was good and complete. However, He messaged me the very next day and told me that his 2 year old son damaged the figure and that he could no longer sell the figure or the parts to me. I was disappointed but whatever. I found it quite odd, but at least my money was refunded.

It sounded too good to be true. Well at least you got your money back with no problems. I wonder if his son also damaged the other figures that was also sold and paid for? Because I don't see his post anymore.

Yep, I saw that post. As a matter of fact, I was the one who him the $200, and thought the transaction was good and complete. However, He messaged me the very next day and told me that his 2 year old son damaged the figure and that he could no longer sell the figure or the parts to me. I was disappointed but whatever. I found it quite odd, but at least my money was refunded.

This figure is the most I had ever spent on a 1/6 figure. Glad I got him and he is still worth the $275 shipped I paid. I own 2 TFA Captain America and glad I don't regret buying this at premium price. I like this figure more than TFA Cap. Everything about it.

Has anyone put the First Avenger sculpt on this figure? Would love to see some pictures. I don't think the headsculpt looks bad or anything, but I would have liked a stoic face.

Back