1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
will pick this up, if the price is right, regardless that I already have TFA version, diecast shield sounds great:yess:

I'm thinking maybe I *do* get this one. I need a headsculpt for Barry to dremmel for my TFA. :)

Hey Bar & Boylost, what did yall use for that centerline stripe on your TFA jackets?

I added three stripes. One in the centre and one on either side of the braces. They are 3m Reflective red sticky backed vinyl.

Where can I get a proto sheild like that

I think Barry used a TFA shield and scraped/removed all the paint using some kind of paint remover.

Yeah. That's right.
TFA Shield is electroplated then painted red and blue. All you do is take a bottle of acetone and a rag, then wipe the acetone dipped rag on the shield. After a few minutes all the paint melts off and you are left with the silver electroplated shield.
Wear rubber gloves, and don't do it on any easy-to-damage work surfaces...
After the paint is gone, get some brasso or similar and buff the shield to a mirror shine.

As i'm not as good at customs like Barry, mine is just a piece of used red clothing.

It still looks fine.

I have been soooo excited about this figure. But.... *meh*, I don't know now. I have a TFA and just got the Avenger Cap. Not sure I *need* this one. I may be able to just pic up the jacket & belt on Fleabay and save myself $180 or so. If I have to choose one, the Super Solider Cap is definitely the priority.

Is it just me or does this pic makes it look like Captain Terminator

View attachment 99163

Also, it looks like he has the middle shield. The two on the far right are obviously the SS Cap. So where do the two on the left fit in?

View attachment 99164

Good question.

Thanks. Will you be getting this? I am tempted but I do not need so many captains though I am not a fan of the shield suit.
I'm a fan of Cap. So i want to say yes. But it depends entirely on how many other figures we get. I have no interest in the long haired baddie. At all.
But i will be getting a couple of the Widow figure, and at least one of the suit with the white stripes.
For this one, i might be content with my own custom.

A couple of turnaround vids of my figure with the unpainted shield.

LOL! It aint "if", amigo... its "when". ;-)

No worries. Looks like other than the sculpt, the lid is very similar, so if you have a spare, i can do it any time.

BC2506E7-13EF-4A6A-8E4E-2C4BA2FF5AFD.jpg

43EDECF4-A05A-4ADF-93C8-0CFD0B8DF756.jpg

LOL, Thor is pretty much the same thing except he comes w/ a cloak

yea and I think that is a scam as well but at least we get a cloak for a different look.... what we get for the CA? More and more hands?? Damn joke. I hope there is an exclusive like the light armor Thor. Because unless this is less than 190, I'll certainly pass

Whats funny is I just got a spare. Unfortunately I think it looks soooo much better than the Avenger sculpt that it is no longer a "spare".

*sigh*

Whats funny is I just got a spare. Unfortunately I think it looks soooo much better than the Avenger sculpt that it is no longer a "spare".

*sigh*

When i first picked up TFA Cap(In parts: Suit, helmet, gloves, boots, all bought separately), it was to make a WWI-Era Batman. I was going to dye the suit charcoal, and replace the star with the Batsymbol.
But i decided to make myself a Cap instead. And got hooked.
It's always the way, lol.

Back