1/6 Hot Toys MMS - Avengers: Infinity War - War Machine Mark 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There you go again. Talking yourself out of this figure until after it's sold out and price skyrockets on Ebay..there will be plenty of "I still kick myself for....." posts. I swear sometimes you guys just want the figure more AFTER it has become harder/more valuable. If the value tanks, then there will be a lot of "glad I pass on that..." even though nothing about the figure changed.

There you go again. Talking yourself out of this figure until after it's sold out and price skyrockets on Ebay..there will be plenty of "I still kick myself for....." posts. I swear sometimes you guys just want the figure more AFTER it has become harder/more valuable. If the value tanks, then there will be a lot of "glad I pass on that..." even though nothing about the figure changed.

We always want what we can't have

I hope War Machine dies soon.

That way I don't have to buy anymore War Machines :lol

I started this hobby with War machine as my first ever Hot Toys, and I have all his armors except the ones that weren't in the film; IM3 MK2 and MILK variant.

Burnt a $50 promo code on this to bring the price into ‘somewhat-reasonable’ territory. Add in the NRD I’ll have completely forgotten about paying in 2 years, and the price looks better. At least that’s what I’m telling myself.

Damn you, cool-as-hell digital camo.

$50 promo code?? Where did you get this?

I notice this a lot too, and not just on here. But I don't bring it up because I don't want to bully people that buy these based on potential after-market value instead of just collecting them. I understand the temptation for these figures, and I understand not everyone has the same income to facilitate this hobby, so I play nice :lol But I do agree with you. It's the same with most collecting hobbies. So few actually buy toys to collect them with no thought on the resale value anymore. And it's not like I don't see them as an investment, I just don't judge a figure based on it's value, I bought it because I like it.

That being said... I do think Sideshow needs to take it easy on the price hikes over the HK retail price. Hot Toys in general haven't quite priced me out yet, but at this rate they will sooner than later. I'll probably still collect, but I'll have to pass on a lot.

Last edited:
$50 promo code?? Where did you get this?

Sideshow sends them out at random.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I've never been sent one, but I did have one pop up on screen once when I was contemplating purchasing the IM Mark VI Diecast while not logged in. I'd put it in my shopping cart, then removed it when the coupon offer flashed on screen. Once I verified it worked for the Mark VI, it was on order. I've wondered if I got it because the site viewed me as a new customer.

It may be them targeting me, but it could also be more volume equals better chance. They usually come on the boxes. I also buy lots of statues and props

That makes sense why I don't get any codes, I hardly buy from SS because of state sales tax. I would use them exclusively if they moved out of state though.

It may be them targeting me, but it could also be more volume equals better chance. They usually come on the boxes. I also buy lots of statues and props

I'm not sure @ the volume theory. I've bought @ 150 Hot Toys from SS and have never gotten 1

I'm not sure @ the volume theory. I've bought @ 150 Hot Toys from SS and have never gotten 1

Just a better chance is all I meant by volume. And not trying to brag but I’ve ordered maybe ten times that over the years, obviously not all hot toys.

I would imagine they would reward people who buy their products more frequently rather than products from another company that they sell.

I've bought over 100 1/6th scale figures from sideshow, but only a small fraction of them are actual sideshow products. I've never received a coupon from them that wasn't a $20 off sticker on the side of hot toys shippers, and that was pretty scarce for me as half the time they'd be expired by the time they got to me. And it appears they don't do that anymore anyway.

Pre-ordered :yess:
11111.jpg
Bit of a way off though.......lol

I would imagine they would reward people who buy their products more frequently rather than products from another company that they sell.

I've bought over 100 1/6th scale figures from sideshow, but only a small fraction of them are actual sideshow products. I've never received a coupon from them that wasn't a $20 off sticker on the side of hot toys shippers, and that was pretty scarce for me as half the time they'd be expired by the time they got to me. And it appears they don't do that anymore anyway.

I have ordered about 120ish figures from them and most were Hot Toys. I did get a $50 coupon last year from them so i think it's really more random.

What do we think on the "Special Edition"? Ordering through Timewalker I can save ~$35 between their discount and free shipping.
Well the only things that the special edition comes with are the burned outrider corpse and the rocky ground graphic card to attach to the display base. I actually like the idea of displaying the burned outrider with him and I've got a bunch of orders that will ship well before this guy releases, so I plan to use the RPs from those orders on this guy. I guess it really depends on if you like the exclusive accessories enough to pay $35 for them. If you'll never use them you might as well save some money.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

What do we think on the "Special Edition"? Ordering through Timewalker I can save ~$35 between their discount and free shipping.
I, personally, am not interested in the special edition exclusives enough to pay the extra costs from Sideshow, so I went with Timewalker.

Sent from my BKL-L04 using Tapatalk

Back