1/6 Hot Toys MMS - Avengers: Infinity War - War Machine Mark 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're both on the same page then. I passed on the diecast Mark I too because I thought the cost was too and I have regretted it. I dont know though, $400+ for a hot toy figure that isn't a deluxe is just ridiculous to me. I'd rather they not even bother with diecast just to make it more affordable.

Unfortunately HT isn't in the business of making their merchandise affordable. I'm afraid their prices will be continue on the upward trek...

Unfortunately HT isn't in the business of making their merchandise affordable. I'm afraid their prices will be continue on the upward trek...

Oh I am very much aware, and that's fine, it doesn't mean I have to keep on collecting. When their standard figure is hitting mid $300s then I think I'll end up bailing on HT and just move on to premium format, which, cost wise, is not that much more.

Oh I am very much aware, and that's fine, it doesn't mean I have to keep on collecting. When their standard figure is hitting mid $300s then I think I'll end up bailing on HT and just move on to premium format, which, cost wise, is not that much more.

Except premium formats are now hitting the $600-700 range when they were $400 not too long ago. They also take up a lot more space.

Except premium formats are now hitting the $600-700 range when they were $400 not too long ago. They also take up a lot more space.

Also correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't premium formats just statues? What's the fun in that if you can't pose em and stuff?

Also correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't premium formats just statues? What's the fun in that if you can't pose em and stuff?

Depends on the collector I think. Some HT collectors set their figures in one pose and then never change it. Statue wouldn't be too much of a difference there. Though if you're looking for replications of characters from movies, SS premium formats are only going to disappoint. They're much better at comic statues and even then seem to be focused more on their own interpretations of characters than capturing classic looks.

Looks badass no doubt. But disappointed he doesn't come with any battle damage armor, or missile projectile effect like homecoming Iron Man..... yet? Perhaps accessory pack LOL...

So far what I can that is new are; armor, camo, shoulder missile pack, backpack weaponry.
The head and forearm weaponry look the same.

Regardless of price, I'll still be POing this to complete my war machine collection .... sadly. ..

Wow this thing looks incredible! way better than I had expected

qft :lecture
They are but there is a certain presence they possess. I usually save PFs or statues in general for those characters that are worth the extra $$ for the scale and presence such as Prime1 1/3 JL Superman or the LOTR PFs that I own.
Depends on the collector I think. Some HT collectors set their figures in one pose and then never change it. Statue wouldn't be too much of a difference there. Though if you're looking for replications of characters from movies, SS premium formats are only going to disappoint. They're much better at comic statues and even then seem to be focused more on their own interpretations of characters than capturing classic looks.
very true. SS used to be pretty good at movie PFs like their PT Star Wars and LOTR but they've really fallen short almost everytime. I haven't bought a movie PF in years.

I think anything done with the movie Iron Man suits are the best. The sculpts, to me anyway, outclass anything else and always look like the suits from the movie. They seem to always nail the helmet and faceplate. The upcoming Mark III looks beautiful.

But yeah, I'm not a fan of the movie sculpts when it comes to actor likeness. I think one that stood out to me a whiiiiiiiiiile back was when they made the IM2 Black Widow PF. The unpainted Scarlett sculpt looked really good but I think fell short when it come to paint application.

Sadly not, although Cheadle be ugly AF...so who cares???

Looks like HT is just recycling the WM Mk I 2.0 face in the suit, which, to the best of my knowledge, is inaccurate to the movie, right?

I honestly feel like it's been the same sculpt since WM Mk I 1.0!

Their paint applications and posing choices tend to be poor. Especially with PFs based on characters from films. The Mark III looks really good though it’s also at a $700 price point. Probably close to $750-800 when you add taxes and shipping.

Interesting, it's stated on his suit as retired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Their paint applications and posing choices tend to be poor. Especially with PFs based on characters from films. The Mark III looks really good though it’s also at a $700 price point. Probably close to $750-800 when you add taxes and shipping.

Yeah, it's tough to swallow when the XLII and IP Maquettes were like $400, costing less than the previous VI and WM. I personally like the maquette for the Mark III over the HT 1/4 right now so I can 'ignore' the price difference :lol (Who am I kidding, will probably get both).

On the topic of this Mark IV WM though, can't wait to add him to the collection! The backside looks ridiculous!

Makes sense. Quarter scale statues generally have a presence that HT can’t match. It just seems some people think HT exist in a bubble and are the only things increasing in price.

well poop. none for me then. :(

Edit:

Exclusive Special Edition Accessory:

One (1) battle damaged Outrider diorama
One (1) interchangeable rocky ground graphic card attachable to the hexagonal figure stand

Back