1/6 Hot Toys MMS - Avengers: Infinity War - War Machine Mark 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found a regular edition where i live. So i won?t be dealing with customs etc, as in when i order from sideshow.

Do you think regular edition is a deal breaker?

Found a regular edition where i live. So i won?t be dealing with customs etc, as in when i order from sideshow.

Do you think regular edition is a deal breaker?

I?d just go with what is cheaper. It?s already a $400+ figure. I don?t think the fried outrider is worth spending even more to acquire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got him and from videos and photos he seemed very nice, but holding it in hand...goddamn this guy is a beast.

Def one of my top 5 IM/WM figures.

Just picked this guy up and WOW what a beast of a figure! This thing is flying under the radar IMO.

I just got him in last week as well and damn is he heavy and beautiful lol! Very surprised he hasn't sold out, must be the rising costs/overproduction i suppose. My 3rd War Machine and no question my favorite. IMG_20200210_204933.jpg

Re: Hot Toys - Infinity War - War Machine (?)

It's taken MONTHS from the initial order, but finally have my one and only (probably $$$$$$) War Machine in hand.

Say what u will about diecast, HT's *Cadillac* figs $$$$$ IMO are amazing:inlove. Completely happy with this tank (pink lights and all) except for the *&^% stand so I will upgrade to something more sturdy.

HotToys_IW_WarMachine.jpg

Reading some of the older comments - I like Cheadle's Rhodey and also he dealt well IMO with all the craziness of being part of the MCU; interviews etc. IMO really came into his own in IW e.g. not always attached to Tony. And in hand I REALLY like this armor - has a kind of silver-and-smoke effect.

Plus it's just plain badass:cool:. Lots to play with here. Glad I took the plunge $$$$$

I just got him in last week as well and damn is he heavy and beautiful lol! Very surprised he hasn't sold out, must be the rising costs/overproduction i suppose. My 3rd War Machine and no question my favorite.
Yeah, I think cost is a factor. Esp. if u need to choose between an IM and WM etc. Then other figs are nearly 300$. It all adds up. He was a splurge for me for sure, but trying to put a period on my MCU stuff and I needed a WM. This is a beautiful beast fig. (And I'll really be happy when he does sell out and then see marked up 'bay prices.)

^^ Congrats Sassafras!! It's a fantastic, beastly figure indeed. I quite liked WM's action scenes, reigning down heavy fire on the aliens in the Wakanda battle. I think this is overall my fav WM suit design.

^^ Congrats Sassafras!! It's a fantastic, beastly figure indeed. I quite liked WM's action scenes, reigning down heavy fire on the aliens in the Wakanda battle. I think this is overall my fav WM suit design.

Yes, this is my one and only War Machine. I've got Endgame Iron Patriot on order and only collect from the 1st Avengers Film, Infinity War and Endgame. This will be my one and only WM as well...

Luv that scene too! Raining h$llfire!!!! LOL I've ignored "screen time length" re the IW figs:cool: - I know what fired my imagination for the shelf over the long term.

Yes, this is my one and only War Machine. I've got Endgame Iron Patriot on order and only collect from the 1st Avengers Film, Infinity War and Endgame. This will be my one and only WM as well...

I sort've would like an Iron Patriot but it's more for the color than anything, for me. Having to pick "THE" War Machine - very happy with my choice. Aesthetically he's great, IMO screams "10 year MCU". Will let his batteries stay a little while then remove for long term display. Overall, too, found him relatively easy to work with compared to my IM 46.

Pricey, but at least for me the satisfaction of the look and engineering of this fig has paid off (now that I have him in hand, finally). Figs like this remind me of why I ended up with so many figs LOL.:monkey3

Luv that scene too! Raining h$llfire!!!! LOL I've ignored "screen time length" re the IW figs:cool: - I know what fired my imagination for the shelf over the long term.

I sort've would like an Iron Patriot but it's more for the color than anything, for me. Having to pick "THE" War Machine - very happy with my choice. Aesthetically he's great, IMO screams "10 year MCU". Will let his batteries stay a little while then remove for long term display. Overall, too, found him relatively easy to work with compared to my IM 46.

Pricey, but at least for me the satisfaction of the look and engineering of this fig has paid off (now that I have him in hand, finally). Figs like this remind me of why I ended up with so many figs LOL.:monkey3

Congratulations on getting this figure Sassafras!!!

I totally agree that this guy is impressive and really well designed!!

I like this version so much but it still makes me sad that I now have to part with my other WM (Civil War) ...you know about my one version per character rule.

So how likely are you to pick up the Endgame Iron Patriot? He is pricey but i find him intriguing. I also like the colors, his size, and weaponry. But he is pricey. I usually preorder all my figures well in advance, but I am considering waiting until I can see some in hand photos or a review.

The stand this figure comes with is ridiculous. He is much heavier than any of the other diecast figures and the stand does not support his weight. I wouldn't even risk using it. Some figures come with a short dynamic stand ,like rocket or Baby Groot, thats what I would use with the clamp to actually keep him secure.

I was just watching the movie and I wish HT had included the two extra missile launchers (the two silver parts on his chest open up) I guess its because of the removable chest plate they couldn't do it. I'd rather have the missiles instead. Or maybe just some magnet parts.

The stand this figure comes with is ridiculous. He is much heavier than any of the other diecast figures and the stand does not support his weight. I wouldn't even risk using it. Some figures come with a short dynamic stand ,like rocket or Baby Groot, thats what I would use with the clamp to actually keep him secure.

I was just watching the movie and I wish HT had included the two extra missile launchers (the two silver parts on his chest open up) I guess its because of the removable chest plate they couldn't do it. I'd rather have the missiles instead. Or maybe just some magnet parts.

LOL yeah the stand/base that he comes with is super ridiculous. Both of his feet barely fit on the darn thing even in a normal standing pose. I had to futz with mine for a good bit to get everything secured, but even then it still looks a little goofy in my opinion...

wm mark iv.JPG

It's a shame that the glory days are gone now. They used to include proper diorama-style bases, and some even came with 2 different poles (dynamic/flexible + metal rod) like the Mk 45 & 46

mark 45.JPG

mark 46 base.JPG

Great choice! Yeah I definitely think this the best WM design in my opinion, though can't go wrong with any of them. That EG IP looks stellar, I wish we could've seen it in action in the film (as I don't recall much of it).

+1 Yeah! Screen time is not relevant as long as we enjoy the figures :peace Yup, fig after fig after fig, it seems like a perpetual cycle lol

LOL yeah the stand/base that he comes with is super ridiculous. Both of his feet barely fit on the darn thing even in a normal standing pose. I had to futz with mine for a good bit to get everything secured, but even then it still looks a little goofy in my opinion...

View attachment 480440

It's a shame that the glory days are gone now. They used to include proper diorama-style bases, and some even came with 2 different poles (dynamic/flexible + metal rod) like the Mk 45 & 46

View attachment 480442

View attachment 480443

I really like the diorama style bases, it gives the characters a uniqueness and cool environmental dynamic when on display. I recall some mentioned in releases back then they'd include both a diorama base and a standard stand, but now it seems one or the other. I feel like a good portion of the EG figures need rubble/debris bases, IMO.

Back