1/6 Hot Toys MMS - Avengers: Infinity War - War Machine Mark 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally had a chance to get this guy out and set him up. Here's a quick phone pic. I have to say, I have zero confidence in the stand supporting this guy long term. I will definitely be upgrading to a more stable one ASAP. That said, I'm extremely happy with this purchase.

wm_thumbnail.jpeg

Same here, left arm is a little looser than his right too....

Ok, interesting. So this isn't an isolated incident. I wonder how many others are having the same issue(s). I swapped out arms and put them in the other sockets and looks like it's not the arm itself, but the socket joint that holds the arm in place is faulty. Other than that he seems fine, although I haven't had a more than an hour with him.

Anyone else have any other issues I/we should watch out for?

I finally had a chance to get this guy out and set him up. Here's a quick phone pic. I have to say, I have zero confidence in the stand supporting this guy long term. I will definitely be upgrading to a more stable one ASAP. That said, I'm extremely happy with this purchase.

View attachment 465236

Looking good! :clap

Although I think you got the guns on his arms attached incorrectly...pretty sure they're supposed to be on the top and bottom of his forearm, instead of on the side.

Looking good! :clap

Although I think you got the guns on his arms attached incorrectly...pretty sure they're supposed to be on the top and bottom of his forearm, instead of on the side.

Well, the guns only attach one way - his elbows are pointed down in that shot rather than outward, so I think that's why it looks odd.

Edit: Recalled I had an extra flexible post + waist grabber (from the Mark L when I upgraded to a larger dynamic stand). Much more secure with this setup. I also rotated the arms so the gun positions conform to the accepted norm. :lol

wm_thumbnail_2.jpeg

Well, the guns only attach one way - his elbows are pointed down in that shot rather than outward, so I think that's why it looks odd.

Edit: Recalled I had an extra flexible post + waist grabber (from the Mark L when I upgraded to a larger dynamic stand). Much more secure with this setup. I also rotated the arms so the gun positions conform to the accepted norm. :lol

View attachment 465248

Gun positions are much more acceptable now! :lol

Thanks Omega.

-----------

The full breakdown article and gallery for the Hot Toys War Machine diecast Mk. IV is up on Kuma Style.com; https://kumastyledesigns.com/hot-toys-wmmkiv-review/

Title-twitter-HT-WM-MKIV.png

Article breaks it down but to summarize I gave it a 9.5/10. It's just plain well done top to bottom. I definitely do have my nitpicks but it's still easily my favorite Hot Toys piece to date.

Here are a few pics from the gallery portion;

5-287.png

9-242.png

11-217.png

Ok, interesting. So this isn't an isolated incident. I wonder how many others are having the same issue(s). I swapped out arms and put them in the other sockets and looks like it's not the arm itself, but the socket joint that holds the arm in place is faulty. Other than that he seems fine, although I haven't had a more than an hour with him.

Anyone else have any other issues I/we should watch out for?

had the same issue with one of my dc IM; i added just a little blu-tack and all's good. prefer blutack compared to a layer of glue cos' the process is reversible :)

had the same issue with one of my dc IM; i added just a little blu-tack and all's good. prefer blutack compared to a layer of glue cos' the process is reversible :)

Appreciate the advice. It's not the actual socket itself, but rather where the socket is placed inside the cavity of the upper torso. I coated the socket joint with some thin plastic, but still no resolve. The looseness isn't bad per se, but is noticeable to me (super OCD).

They [TD via SS] are working on a solution so we will see what happens. I do appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Try a small strip of electrical tape on the ball of the arm piece. Mine had the same issue, but that resolved it.

Try a small strip of electrical tape on the ball of the arm piece. Mine had the same issue, but that resolved it.

It's not the ball or the joint that it goes into. It's where the socket joint is located on the torso that is the issue. That part seems to be loose.

Again, I switched arms to check and I even covered the ball part of the arm and inserted it into the joint, but the issue remained the same. This has let me to believe it's how the socket joint is seated inside the torso itself.

Hmm, mine arrives tomorrow. Gonna be on the lookout for this supposed loose left arm issue...hopefully mine is fine. :pray:

I'm sure itll be fine, but do keep us updated. You're gonna love this guy. Hes so heavy he scares me a little (display wise) I dont use stands and my case is 8' long x 6' high all glass!

Back