1/6 Hot Toys MMS - Avengers: Infinity War - War Machine Mark 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had originally convinced myself that I didn't need this figure because I have the Mark 1 diecast--the War Machine that best reflects the comics version. However, the more I looked at my Mark 1, the more I felt that the Mark 4 had finally surpassed it.

So I broke down and picked this up yesterday. Perfect out of the box, and I'm super happy with it. It has such a different look from my other IM figures. This will look great with the Mark 85, and since I didn't care for the Endgame suits, this is the preferwble modern WM suit.

The only thing I didn't realize that is disappointing is the crotch grabber stand. This figure badly needs the sturdier cradle stand that came with the Mark 1.

This is my first die cast Hot Toys. Is this a lot heavier than the other die casts? Asking as I am also surprised there is no flight stand.

All the diecasts are too heavy for the old HT dynamic stands, I think only 85 and Rescue have been displayed on a shorter dynamic stand, and only very vertical posing. Other than the $100 added price, another dig drawback to diecasts

I can put Hot Rod on a dynamic arm, as long as is supported from below and not above, but its anchored with a 100lb pull force magnet instead of a stand

AMpMlMt.jpg

^ That was shown ages ago, not sure what page though. And as to the diecast weight comment, i think this might actually be the heaviest. At least it sure feels that way, a lot heavier than my mk43 and mk6.

I have all but the mk1, kudos to whoever has that figure as it sold out way too quick and is just ridiculous to get one now. Fortunately i prefer the mk3 design at this point anyway, but it still hurts whenever i see someone else's mk1 diecast.

^ That was shown ages ago, not sure what page though. And as to the diecast weight comment, i think this might actually be the heaviest. At least it sure feels that way, a lot heavier than my mk43 and mk6.

I have not got this one in hand yet but i have all the other "diecast" IM/WM figures and the WM MK1 is the heaviest (obviously not including HB).

Mine also has the loose left shoulder. Arm came in the box seperated. Outside of that minor inconvenience, this guy really is amazing
20190912_181847~3.jpg

Just received this guy yesterday. As everybody else has said, he's a BEAST. I missed out on the MK3 but after receiving the MK4 I think it looks better based on comparison pics.

Curious though, are there any 3rd party dynamic stands available for all the new dicast figures coming out? I do not trust the crotch grabbers HT is including anymore. What stands is everyone else using?

^ Sadly no. You would think someone would have come up with them by now and be making tons of money selling theme to us diecast owners. I'd be down for it naturally.

Just received this guy yesterday. As everybody else has said, he's a BEAST. I missed out on the MK3 but after receiving the MK4 I think it looks better based on comparison pics.

Curious though, are there any 3rd party dynamic stands available for all the new dicast figures coming out? I do not trust the crotch grabbers HT is including anymore. What stands is everyone else using?

I bought a larger dynamic stand for my Mark L (same size as the ones for Dr. Strange, Falcon, MOS Superman, etc.), then used the shorter flexible pole & waist grabber from the Mark L for my MK4 (it fits the MK4 base). I posted a pic earlier in this thread. Much more secure than the crotch grabber, although this guy is so thick I had to flip the grabber over so the extended piece is pointed up.

Additional pic:

wm_thumbnail_3.jpeg

Last edited:
Someone took the time to modify this guy with all the lights HT decided to omit.

I love the figure and all, but I'd rather still be waiting for it if it meant they finished it properly. The amount of details HT has been skipping has been increasing over time and it's bumming me out.

kh6y5ukaoro31.jpg

Someone took the time to modify this guy with all the lights HT decided to omit.

I love the figure and all, but I'd rather still be waiting for it if it meant they finished it properly. The amount of details HT has been skipping has been increasing over time and it's bumming me out.

View attachment 466925

Looks so much better with the correct lights. Can't believe HT couldn't do 'em.

Looks so much better with the correct lights. Can't believe HT couldn't do 'em.

I don't think it's that HT couldn't do 'em...cause they def could. The IM Mk 46 is evidence it can be done. The likely scenario was that they probably received early artwork from Marvel that didn't contain those extra lights and by the time they were in production they were probably too far along to scrap it just to add extra lighting/wiring.

But yeah...once again, another case of laziness on HT's part....but in their defense this wouldn't have been a quick fix like the WM Mk III accessory update. They would have needed to remold the entire torso/legs again to include the lights and would have caused massive delays, so I get why they did it...but I'm certainly not excusing them for it.

Back