1/6 Hot Toys MMS - Avengers: Infinity War - War Machine Mark 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This video isn't in English, but it does a pretty good job in explaining the re-use:

https://youtu.be/I986q2nKeJQ?t=248 - Click for comparison video.

Pretty much everything is reused EXCEPT for the torso and the backpack weaponry...which explains why this figure released way earlier than its original release date.

All HT really needed to redesign was the torso. Everything else was a straight up reuse and repaint...regardless I'm looking forward to getting mine!

If you're talking about the underlying skeleton than I would agree that they probably based it on the Mark 3, but given that the chest, abdomen, shoulder armor, biceps, hips, thighs, knees, shins and calves are all redesigned, saying it's reusing most of the Mark 3 is incorrect. The head, hands and feet look the same, but all the parts between them are different! :lol

DF71597C-9369-4EE9-908F-37E126F4C8E5.jpg

If you're talking about the underlying skeleton than I would agree that they probably based it on the Mark 3, but given that the chest, abdomen, shoulder armor, biceps, hips, thighs, knees, shins and calves are all redesigned, saying it's reusing most of the Mark 3 is incorrect. The head, hands and feet look the same, but all the parts between them are different! :lol

View attachment 464095

I kindly disagree with you my Buff friend.

Did you watch the video? The helmet, arms, and legs and all the weapon accessories for the arm are the same as Mk. 3 with maybe very minor cosmetic differences...not hating, just stating a fact. And not even blaming HT for being lazy, cause that's how the movie folks designed the fig.

But to me, this fig is mostly reuse with the exception of the body. It's still stellar AF and I plan on owning Mk. 4 even though I own the Mk. 3 already.

I kindly disagree with you my Buff friend.

Did you watch the video? The helmet, arms, and legs and all the weapon accessories for the arm are the same as Mk. 3 with maybe very minor cosmetic differences...not hating, just stating a fact. And not even blaming HT for being lazy, cause that's how the movie folks designed the fig.

But to me, this fig is mostly reuse with the exception of the body. It's still stellar AF and I plan on owning Mk. 4 even though I own the Mk. 3 already.

No I didn't watch the video, I just trusted what my eyes were telling me in that side-by-side picture. Not even taking into consideration the digital camo paint, all those components I listed are shaped differently than their counterparts on the Mark 3. A few of the differences are subtle, but they still exist. I agree that the arm weapons look the same, but then that's why I didn't list them as being new.

Probably 80% of this guy has new, unique armor plating. I see this as analogous to vehicle design & manufacturing, where companies have common platforms but unique top hats. For example, the Ford Escape, Focus, Transit Connect and Lincoln MKC all had common underpinnings, but you didn't see that when they were driven down the road.

agree with Yoshi and Buffinator. new look, new tooling/mold even if they're only minor cosmetic differences. they can't re-use the old molds. only the three parts mentioned are the exact copy so they used the same mold. if you're talking about blank molds, then you might as well say all War Machine suits are re-use of Iron Man suit blank molds. they would still have to go in and manually carve the panel line patterns and design, nooks and crannies, etc.

Hey Yoshi, is that the original version of the Mark 1 War Machine, or is it the diecast version?

Yup everything is clearly a new design except for the head, feet, and forearm weapons. No other sign of reuse really

Those red lights really add to the presence of the figure but I wish they would've at least added some clear red plastic where the smaller lights are missing for extra accuracy. I mean they didn't have a problem making them light up on mark 50 from what I understand so this shouldn't have been a big deal to make.

Back