1/6 Hot Toys MMS - Avengers: Infinity War - War Machine Mark 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It's glorious :thud:

Thanks for posting Zurdo! :hi5:

I had unfortunately some issues on mine that I describe in the video. To sum it up here shortly here in written form:
- factory caused scratches on silver painted areas (front chest below airforce name sign, below left shoulder pad from the diecast pad hitting the plastic - not sure if the foam was not covering it during transport, only found it out in a second view) - this was definitely out of the box
- potential headsculpt scratching of the unmasked portrait caused by the faceplate that you can attach - it can rub the nosebridge slighty
- and most importantly - but this is self-inflicted: you can very, very easily scratch the waist armor corners when moving & posing the legs - please be really careful.

48.png

50.png

Thanks for posting Zurdo! :hi5:

I had unfortunately some issues on mine that I describe in the video. To sum it up here shortly here in written form:
- factory caused scratches on silver painted areas (front chest below airforce name sign, below left shoulder pad from the diecast pad hitting the plastic - not sure if the foam was not covering it during transport, only found it out in a second view) - this was definitely out of the box
- potential headsculpt scratching of the unmasked portrait caused by the faceplate that you can attach - it can rub the nosebridge slighty
- and most importantly - but this is self-inflicted: you can very, very easily scratch the waist armor corners when moving & posing the legs - please be really careful.

Thanks for the tips! :clap

Looking forward to watching your video!

Ah thought you were talking about the ones that should be on the chest lol

that’s what i originally thought they were when i saw the video (i didn’t pause it @ all though). but seeing this clarifies i was def mistaken.

that’s why i was originally confused when it was mentioned he didn’t have them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

been eyeing this and i admit, the camo was a big factor putting me on the fence. in the past, would've immediately PO'ed if it was the original WM colors. it's just really a bada** suit armed to the teeth. the backpack is the best feature for me here. unlike the EG Iron Patriot that in my mind would require a hangar to store and attach all the back weapons, this is a suit you can wear in any situation and you'd have everything in your backpack to bring out if needed or put away otherwise.

and i've accepted that the camo is part of its theme, just like a soldier who's got everything he needs for any mission. i will be getting this as after getting my Q4 pre-orders. it might just become a hard-to-find grail down the road just like the Mk 47 that got snarky comments with its paint job and then it would be too late to regret not getting it earlier.

Never pass on a diecast ironman or war machine. Buy first, decide later. If anything could always sell and at least get your money back if you change your mind. Like I said before, the secondary market just doesn't allow second guessing.

Camo has got to be one of the better parts of this design. Makes it stand out from the other marks. I absolutely love it! :clap

This was going to be my quintessential and only War Machine that's why I was being wary. Been looking at all reviews and pics to see if the camo would bother me but it might actually be something I would love in person once I get it in-hand :)

Wow that MK2 WM looks terrible next to the others. The MK3 really was the first step in the right direction back towards the MK1 design.

Mark 2 really is the runt of the litter... It's just my opinion but the Iron Patriot colors work much better with that armor design.

There's just nothing pleasing or eye catching about the MK2 design. Just too simple and boring. I do have the IP mind you which does look nicer, but the design is still lacking.

Yes, me too. I didn't know what it was in promo pics. Now I know :D

66763129_10156379546502344_6756363377745854464_o.jpg

I don't know if those chest details are movie accurate or not but they look cheap on such a premium-looking figure and compared to other war machines or iron-man pieces in this particular aspect. It's kind of a bummer because the in-hand pics made me start to like this guy.

I don't know if those chest details are movie accurate or not but they look cheap on such a premium-looking figure and compared to other war machines or iron-man pieces in this particular aspect. It's kind of a bummer because the in-hand pics made me start to like this guy.

Actually I think its better than some other war machine and iron man figures. They could have used another color than silver for some parts, I think that would have enhanced it. However, this figure is pretty much just black/silver, so doesn't make sense to add some random colors. The MK6 for example is less detailed under the chest, but its a little better looking just because they added some gold highlights.

Go with your instinct and don't let a detail that you would never display with anyways ruin you liking the figure. Features that actually are accurate to the movie look really good.

Actually I think its better than some other war machine and iron man figures. They could have used another color than silver for some parts, I think that would have enhanced it. However, this figure is pretty much just black/silver, so doesn't make sense to add some random colors. The MK6 for example is less detailed under the chest, but its a little better looking just because they added some gold highlights.

Go with your instinct and don't let a detail that you would never display with anyways ruin you liking the figure. Features that actually are accurate to the movie look really good.

You're right, it's not like I would ever display it like that anyway so it's pretty much irrelevant. I know it's silly but now I kinda wish they would've just left the chest cover fixed and spare some of us this little "OCD issue".

I mean... Why would you ever look at the inside of the chest anyway? It shouldn't keep you from thinking this guy is amazing lol. But i agree they didnt need to make the chest removable at all. Hell they could've took the time to add the missing missles. But..alas lol

I'm glad they included the inner chest detail, but agree based on pictures it does not look as detailed as it could/should be. I'm a big fan of inner details like that (removable armor, shifting panels, back flaps etc.) and I'm happy it has this feature. Of course for me the best detailed are the 1/4s, but from the 1/6 figures I have, the Mk. XLV and XLVI have the best chest detail, both sculpted nicely and have silver paint throughout. Agree with the Mk. VI though some of the sculpting seems accurate, just not painted well enough.

Small update on SS site

Height: 12.60" (320.04 mm) |
Box Size
Height: 9.00" (228.6 mm) | Width: 11.00" (279.4 mm) | Depth: 17.00" (431.8 mm) |
Dimensional Weight
8.00 lbs (3.63 kg) [Intl. 13.00 lbs (5.9 kg)]

No time to pose before leaving for work.
a2343c700fff3e3d80040dec23be1ab2.jpg
3546fef0bdb9d3042272376493f12cb0.jpg

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

Could have at least pushed those shoulders together to get rid of those hideous gaps before you ran out the house haha. No way you didnt see it lol

Back