1/6 Hot Toys MMS - Avengers: Infinity War - War Machine Mark 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Mark III and IV are both very beautiful and amazing armors and I'm eager to proudly display both in my collection.

However I would definitely pick the IV if I ever had to go to war lol. Tony redesigned the War Machine armor after Rhodey's injuries in Civil War to further protect his body and the arc reactor. Plus the additional firepower!

Man so with all the SDCC reveals going on, it kinda took the thunder away from this bad boy's release!

It's literally the Mark III with a different backpack. Not really understanding people going on about how this just murders another suit that's essentially the same thing.... ?

Nah, disagree- all the lines are different. The angles on the chest plate, and the high “collar” is more blocky and thick, on the 3 it is lower profile and slopes back, and with the chest rounded off sticking out in front so much gives the profile more visual weight to the back, most poses it looks like he’s about to tip over backwards. The 4’s torso is sharper and more V-shaped with wide strong shoulders, I think having the chest plate extend lower over of the abs helps the looks as well. Linebacker profile. Everything on the 3 is more rounded and bulbous. The 4 brings back sharper edges and creases, and the digital camo adds visual texture without being overpowering. And this can be blamed on the figure engineering maybe but the way they did the knee on 3 makes it look like this thighs are weirdly short.

I swore off diecasts a long time ago, but I think this Mk4 is finally the War Machine I'll actually get

pb8BeEv.jpg

This really looks like a stunning piece. I will have to preoder this one asap before it sells out.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

wow this is just...gorgeous...envy & congrats to you folks getting him!

I was always going to get the Civil War version, but it had sold out. Seeing that comparison above, I do prefer this version. Has a lot more detail and far less streamlined. I think that works better for War Machine. Preorder in for this. Hopefully it arrives over here before the end of the year.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Man so with all the SDCC reveals going on, it kinda took the thunder away from this bad boy's release!

Honestly I'm hyped for a lot of stuff but this is one that I may ecen pay an upcharge to get early. Easily my most anticipated piece coming up.

It's kind of taking me back that the statement was taken literally. The differences between the two are blatant and well done. It's cool to see a line by line breakdown regardless because it gives me even more of an appreciation.

Christ...

Honestly I'm hyped for a lot of stuff but this is one that I may ecen pay an upcharge to get early. Easily my most anticipated piece coming up.

It's kind of taking me back that the statement was taken literally. The differences between the two are blatant and well done. It's cool to see a line by line breakdown regardless because it gives me even more of an appreciation.

Christ...

Nice, well if you do end up getting him early then I can't wait for your review! :yess:

Is it me or does that camo look kinda purplish with the flash on?

This is super common with gray paints. If you ever paint a room in your house grey, it might appear to be brown/purple or other colors depending on the room and the light color shining on it. My guess is the flash had a slight yellow tint to it, which can make grey look purple.

All the in hand pics have shown it to be more of a dark gray, so I'm going to trust that that's the case.

It's funny that I remembered the proto looking a bit lighter in color, but looking at the pics again it appears to be the same dark gray as what we're getting.

Back