1/6 Hot Toys MMS - Avengers: Infinity War - War Machine Mark 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if anyone else has noticed but the twin pods on his back dont seem to face all the way forward. The way they are designed, it seems like they can only face up and out but at an angle. Take a look at all the pics. They are never just facing str8 ahead. But angled up pointing over his head. Its minor and they have a lot of time to change it up but just pointing it out

Are they supposed to point straight forward though? I'm by no means a military or ordinance expert, hell I'm not even an amateur, but I figured they are these heatseeking/guided missile pods that don't really need to point exactly at the enemy and will find the target anyway. They point a bit up and out to keep his vision clear from blastflare and smoke and stuff... But again, that's just my guess. :huh

Are they supposed to point straight forward though? I'm by no means a military or ordinance expert, hell I'm not even an amateur, but I figured they are these heatseeking/guided missile pods that don't really need to point exactly at the enemy and will find the target anyway. They point a bit up and out to keep his vision clear from blastflare and smoke and stuff... But again, that's just my guess. :huh

I mean.. They literally did in the film. Like face straight forward. Rewatch the scene where he is shooting at thanos in particular. Everything is aimed at him. The pods arent at an angle facing up.

It ultimatley doesnt matter as you can probably position the figure in a way where its not noticeable. But something i just noticed in all of the pics so far. I think it comes from how they implemented it.

The description for this figure on Sideshow's site does not mention the LEDs across the body, apart from the chest reactor, face and hands. The description for Mark L mentions multiple lights across the figure's torso. I just hope the final figure lights up like this image. For the price, it should

IMG_3975.JPG

The description for this figure on Sideshow's site does not mention the LEDs across the body, apart from the chest reactor, face and hands. The description for Mark L mentions multiple lights across the figure's torso. I just hope the final figure lights up like this image. For the price, it should

My guess, MAYBE the lights on the torso, 1% chance lights on the legs. :(

View attachment 422673

Yeah I was wondering that too.. I seen a 3D model where he has a lot of lights on the back and back legs... hopefully hot toys adds this since it won’t be released till 2020...

This is Hot Toys. They will add all of the lights.

While I admire your confidence, I'm not quite as certain. But they put lights in the legs on the Mark XLVI, so it's not unreasonable to expect them for this figure. I don't recall if the lights were featured that prominently in the movie. I thought most of WM's screen time was during the Wakanda daytime battle, so maybe not? When I get the Blu-ray on Tuesday I'll have to look for them.

They have never not had all the lights on any IM/WM figures and they get all the files from Marvel so they have all the info on the design. I would not mind if they skipped them as i never use them anyway.

Why is it that they included a head with a removable faceplate when the armor in the film didn't even have this feature? Wouldn't it be more accurate to have a full Don Chedale sculpt, maybe with a neck guard?

Why is it that they included a head with a removable faceplate when the armor in the film didn't even have this feature? Wouldn't it be more accurate to have a full Don Chedale sculpt, maybe with a neck guard?

They probably already had that sculpted and didn't want to do another one.

I think that's the same face sculpt used in all the War Machines starting with the DC Mark 1. A full sculpt would be a nice change.

Actually, HT’s has been using the same Don Cheedle headsculpt for much longer. The first time it was used was with the first plastic WM Mk. I. I honestly couldn’t ever see any changes beyond paint.

I believe this list is all of the figures that include that original headsculpt:

WM Mk. I
IM Mk. II Armor Unleashed
Iron Patriot
WM Mk. II AoU (not IM 3 version)
WM Mk. I Diecast
WM Mk. III
WM Mk. IV

Yeah I think that’s a complete list of the HT 1/6 figures that include the same Rhodes headsculpt that HT has been using since 2010 ish. Time for an update perhaps? Still I think they’re using this one to save money because, like others have stated, his helmet retracts on the Mk. IV.

Actually, HT’s has been using the same Don Cheedle headsculpt for much longer. The first time it was used was with the first plastic WM Mk. I. I honestly couldn’t ever see any changes beyond paint.

I believe this list is all of the figures that include that original headsculpt:

WM Mk. I
Iron Patriot
WM Mk. III
WM Mk. IV

Yeah I think that’s a complete list of the HT 1/6 figures that include the same Rhodes headsculpt that HT has been using since 2010 ish. Time for an update perhaps? Still I think they’re using this one to save money because, like others have stated, his helmet retracts on the Mk. IV.

Right. That's actually what I meant. I was thinking of the armors in terms of when they were first seen on screen, not Hot Toys release dates. :duff

WM Mk. I
Iron Patriot
WM Mk. III
WM Mk. IV

Don’t forget Mark 1 diecast as well

Back