Hot Toys MMS AOTC Padme Amidala (Speculation)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys MMS xxx Padme Amidala speculation thread

Interesting. 2 mentions(first the Sideshow mistake and not here) and no figure yet. Hopefully thy add her in.

Noticed that too. It’s been a few hours but they haven’t edited it.

I’d put money on the clean white factory/arena outfit since that’s one of her most popular looks.

It would match the AotC 3PO, Dooku, and Yoda.

There are no many beautiful outfits to choose from when it comes to Padme/Amidalla but when I think about what I would display I lean more towards the action oriented outfits for multiple poses.

I would love to see a Lars Family outfit.
63de4d3c5379943dbf12df49155f2002.jpg

6ec13f7dc54e78a093c697cb8dd8d8ca.jpg

8db90361c178399201dd77d6634d6bf0.jpg

But for display purposes I’d most likely only want the Geonosis look.
343966f330be0d45a7cd18d8782f0296.jpg

febd9005756fa256708af1c2bf92c348.png

Then they will release the battle damaged version with chain and pillar.
a47b6c25bcb239d021c5240ee5ef3949.jpg

What is IE?

Hot Toys MMS xxx Padme Amidala speculation thread

If it's the Geonosis outfit, would it include the bare midriff style?

I doubt HT would produce her other costumes as it veers to close to "doll" territory. I like figures like Belle but I doubt other Padme dresses would sell enough to most Hot Toys Star Wars collectors - not enough action pose possibilities or weapon accessories to satisfy them.

Seamless body is the only option when they do that version. Which means posing is limited..

Removed from the context of the actual films I'm surprised at how nostalgic I actually feel seeing characters from the PT all lined up. Bring on Padme.

37831537_10155646791062344_3895321744453402624_n.jpg

37806182_10155646790882344_3170329151764692992_n.jpg

37900346_10155646791172344_4188194065424056320_n.jpg

If it's the Geonosis outfit, would it include the bare midriff style?

I doubt HT would produce her other costumes as it veers to close to "doll" territory. I like figures like Belle but I doubt other Padme dresses would sell enough to most Hot Toys Star Wars collectors - not enough action pose possibilities or weapon accessories to satisfy them.

Yeah I certainly doing see Hot Toys going deep with Padme releases in the same way they seem to be with Leia (2 released, 1 on pre-order, and 2 more previewed...so far). After all, Portman may have her fans, no doubt, but she's no Carrie Fisher as far as both fandom and general audience popularity and pop culture iconography goes.

That said, given that she is pretty much the only female character of note in the prequel trilogy, we'll probably get at least a couple of releases to break up the sausage fest a bit, unless the first doesn't sell well (which seems unlikely unless Hot Toys botch it somehow). They certainly have plenty to choose from, didn't she go through something like two dozen different outfits? :lol

Where did that post come from? They have that same description on FB and Instagram, but both of those omit Padme.

They went back and edited it out. It was on both Facebook and their Instagram earlier this morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did that post come from? They have that same description on FB and Instagram, but both of those omit Padme.
Yeah just saw this post on FB written in a different font with no mention of Padme.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hot Toys MMS xxx Padme Amidala speculation thread

HT must have removed Padme, i thought I saw it on Instagram earlier today.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would imagine Padme is done but will just go up out of the blue for pre order.

Like Kenobi did.

I doubt Hot Toys feel the need to gage opinion on her. Hopefully it gives space for others like Leia Bespin. Maybe they could even find Baze and Death Star Trooper too!!!

I hope its not a case where she looks like crap and they simply got cold feet and had to redo her. I'm hoping its a Kenobi situation.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back