Hot Toys - MMS 75 - IRON MAN - 12 inches MARK III full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish this figure would hurry up and ship. It'd be another 1-2 months before I'd get mine, but at least there'd be new pictures to look at for the time being.

Any idea when these are shipping out? January maybe?

January is what all the sites say, yes. Hot Toys' site still says Q4 2008. Considering they announced the thing in July, I would hope they can get it out the door on time.

January is what all the sites say, yes. Hot Toys' site still says Q4 2008. Considering they announced the thing in July, I would hope they can get it out the door on time.

I spoke today with Richard from www.cornerstorecomics.com, he say's they get the Mark III maybe in Feb. second week, and the Two Face in Jun.:monkey5

ActionHQ has it listed for the 30th, but seeing as they usually get it 2 - 3 weeks later after Hot Toys releases it hmmm who knows. How long is a bit of string...

If this comes out end of January I'd can't see them getting it until February.

I would imagine that if most places are quoting end of January that we'll probably see pics begin to emerge around the second week in HK.

Yeah, I likey Jessica too.:drool:drool Sometimes I just stare at that gif while I sit here at work and the good thing is I'm getting paid for it.

I think one day Hot TOys will eventually make the Iron Monger but it wont be any time soon. Im guessing within 5 years somebody will make the Iron Monger. Perhaps Takara could make them.

I imagine Hot Toys might give it a shot someday if they don't have their hands too full. I know they are capable of pulling it off.

I think one day Hot TOys will eventually make the Iron Monger but it wont be any time soon. Im guessing within 5 years somebody will make the Iron Monger. Perhaps Takara could make them.

There was a 'HT Iron Monger Coming Soon' image up on CSC for a brief time a few months back. Hope they do it soon.

I guess no chance to have a Iron Monger from Hot Toys.
Read this interview posted on OSW:
https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87970

But I don't know if this source is 120% OK, but the interview seems to be very realistic.

1) You’ve revealed the three Iron Man armors from the Iron Man film; can we expect to see a Hot Toys 1:6 scale Iron Monger figure?

HT: We do not have future plan on this figure yet, the product size is the main concerns for this item.

But I don't know if this source is 120% OK, but the interview seems to be very realistic.

1) You’ve revealed the three Iron Man armors from the Iron Man film; can we expect to see a Hot Toys 1:6 scale Iron Monger figure?

HT: We do not have future plan on this figure yet, the product size is the main concerns for this item.

Yep, there is discussion about the Iron Monger news is in the following thread.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46479

I call BS. Look at the Tumbler and Powerloader. They aren't afraid of big things. And those would be of compairable size and price.

Actually it wouldn't. The Power Loader is only 17" H... a 1/6 Iron Monger would be about 20" tall so its larger not to mention that the PL is straight up and down if that makes sense while Iron Monger is pretty broad in the torso with awkward designed legs that would be need to be accounted for:

IronMonger.jpg

Not to mention if they design him to be hollow without a Obi figure to fit into it'd be completely solid which would add to the weight and price...one was actually built for the film by Stan Winston Studios and take a look at how big it'd actually be:

2395987375_5960634d18_o.jpg

Gwenyth is 5' 9½".

Considering all the pieces that you'd have to make to attach like the guns and flight pieces for the boots.

The tumbler is innovative for HT but companies have been making 1/6 cars for a while now especially Remote Controlled ones.

I'm telling you getting this right to look to the quality and standards of Iron Man and getting a 20" Hulk to look right is the reasonings why we haven't seen it. Not that it won't happen but I think its in a different category all together than the Tumbler and PL.

If the Tumbler retails for $450 and is just a block of plastic on wheels, a fully-articulated Iron Monger would retail for considerably more, I imagine.

Which is one of the serious reasons why it hasn't come out. I love Iron Man but if they put out an Iron Monger at $299 (for arguments sake) I'd have a hard time getting it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back