Hot Toys - MMS 68 - The Dark Knight - 1/6th scale The JOKER collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right ... haha "can't savor the little emotions" ... because you know you find out who people really are in their last moments.

So in a way I know your friends better than you ever did.

Would you like to know which ones of them are cowards?

Hahaha, so sick.

Maybe someone should get a 1/6 th scaled pencil so you guys can show your other fellow figures a MAGIC TRICK. haha

That would be so badassss......

What else does Mr. J need?

More freaking knives. And lint.

That's a joke...right?

No. It's obvious. The Hot Toys has the best body sculpt and costume, and the DC Direct head looks exactly like Heath Ledger as the Joker.

The Hot Topic head sculpt is poor. Barely resembles the character. In the prototype pics it looked alright, but the real deal is terrible. He looks like a wrinkled up version of the movie Grinch. The scars aren't right, his eye make up isn't right, the wrinkles on his face aren't right, and it straight doesn't look like Heath as the Joker. Where as the DC Direct is about as accurate as they come, especially considering they molded it off computer scans OF Heath Ledger as the Joker.

My opinion, but I know alot of UN BIASED people who'd agree with me. But beyond that HT owns everyone else in terms of the body structure and clothing.

Its not poor. It looks like The Joker. Not Heath Ledger. Which is what it should be. The only poor thing about it, is the paint. But other then that, its a fantstic sculpt. Very realistc.

That would be so badassss......

What else does Mr. J need?

More freaking knives. And lint.

Mine as well just complete the tool set and get the small hand gun, shot gun, rocket launcher, machine gun, and pencil

Maybe someone could sculpt or put together a bunch of money and you can burn it. haha ... take some ICONIC pics.

"It's not about MONEY ... It's about SENDING A MESSAGE ... EVERYTHING BURNS !!!"

With a skilled repaint, the DCD sculpt can look very good. But that adds a lot to the price of the figure, and you still have inferior clothes and a 13" body.

Yep. I also dont like the smooth texture. Most cosplay jokers have this problem too. The Joker had a very rough and bumpy make-up job. Almost like powder or something...

Its not poor. It looks like The Joker. Not Heath Ledger. Which is what it should be. The only poor thing about it, is the paint. But other then that, its a fantstic sculpt. Very realistc.

I'd beg to differ. Obviously you're a big HT fan being on the board, and you payed for it so naturally you're going to defend it. But it isn't worth the price for the authenticity of the facial sculpt, and it doesn't hold a candle to the DC Direc facial sculpt.

I get what you're saying about looking like the Joker and not like Heath, but their is traces of Heath in the movie Joker. Other items have it. Movie Masters Joker, hell even the 5 inch version has a toned down resemblence. As an enthusiast, and knowing all the little details, and also someone who met Heath face to face on set (the scene with the gun on LaSalle St.) ... the HT face sculpt isn't as good as the DC Direct sculpt, and the HT sculpt alone has alot of problems, not a great resemblence, and things are missing in the details. Like I said though, the body and the clothes are the best. If you could merge the DC Direct head with the HT body, you'd have the PERFECT piece of TDK Joker memorbilia.

With a skilled repaint, the DCD sculpt can look very good. But that adds a lot to the price of the figure, and you still have inferior clothes and a 13" body.

I agree ... the HT is superior with the clothes and the body. But the face sculpt from Hot Toys can't even compete with DC Direct's offering in terms of likeness and authenticity.

You think out of the package the DCD version looks better?

review_dcddarkkinght_4.jpg

I'd beg to differ. Obviously you're a big HT fan being on the board, .

Ah! That is where your wrong. Do I like HT? Yes, how many HT products do I own? 1. Just one.

Im just sayin, the HT Joker has that gritty roughness that I love. DC does look like Heath, but the hair is off, and the face is really smooth....my opinion though.

Why doesn't any company realize that Heath's hair was more brown/blond than green?

batmanjoker1sm9.jpg

I would make the base light brown and then paint green streaks, with none starting at the scalp.

You think out of the package the DCD version looks better?

review_dcddarkkinght_4.jpg

That is one of the worst possible pictures you could've chosen. I'll show you some better pics. I have to find where I put them. Either way he's the closest to what he looks like on film facially to any of the 1/6th scaled released items.

Wait, I was wrong, HT did it with their bust:

dsc00009as6.jpg

Just another reason why this is THE Joker collectible to get.

Last edited:
Yeah the bust looks spot on, the sculpt, the expression, the hair (a bit too neat, but small nit).

I REALLY wish HT would have used this sculpt for their 1/6 figure.

That red X is AWESOME ... haha

BTW, news from comic con about Movie Masters

Someone posted this on the SHH boards

"I am at comic con.

There are no new previewed movie masters figures on the floor.

The line is for sure expanding. There will be a two face in the next line, and there are several sculpts that the 4 horsemen are working on (Ra's al ghul being one of them).

Mattel has big plans to push this line in 2009.

So there you have it."

And a Bat-pod for your MM TDK Batman. Exclusive to Target. Here is a pic

268.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back