Hot Toys- MMS 67 - The Dark Knight - 1/6th BATMAN (Original Costume) full spec+pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was after a grungy poster feel.

3519009517_90804fddb9_b.jpg

3519009523_35089cdeac_b.jpg

Vodoun:

Once again excellent pics! :rock

excellent pics Vodoun. you have inspired me to finally attach the grapple gun to Batmans belt.

Well, I went to a big fabric store today and got me some fabric for a custom cape, like buddylee is making them. :joy
I think the fabric is perfect, it's thin but falls very realistic, like it has some weight to it. If I recall correctly it's mostly made out of polyester. It was also very cheap, I spent around $9 for 1 x 1.5 meter (approx. 3.28 x 4.92 feet), so I guess I'll get 2 capes out of it if I make them around 70 cm in diameter (only need one currently, but like Wayne says, "at least we'll have spares" :monkey3 ).
I'll post some pics of the fabric over the weekend to show how it looks like (I'm not home at the moment so I haven't even seen it looks like on Bats yet) and then post some shots of the finished thing after I've decided how to cut it exactly.

I was originally going to go down that route with the Takara cape but the thought of taking those clips out somehow from the suit didn't appeal to me. Once those clips are out you can't put them back into the shoulders as it's broken from the inside?

At least with TDK suit you can put the original cape back on without glue or any modifications or such. It's just a place holder.

I was originally going to go down that route with the Takara cape but the thought of taking those clips out somehow from the suit didn't appeal to me. Once those clips are out you can't put them back into the shoulders as it's broken from the inside?

Yeah, that's the one thing I'll have to look into. Now I don't have my Bats at hand at the moment, but aren't the clips attached to some sort of disk behind the suit? Shouldn't it be possible to cut off those disks behind the suit, so that the clips can be taken out and put back in without a problem? It wouldn't fit as tight as before because they could theoretically fall out, but that would only be something I'd have to watch out for when putting him in a new pose.

I'm not sure, I honestly can't remember I'll have to search later on in this thread or you can as well. I remember Dally/cr0w? doing this. I can't remember if it's behind the suit or in the body.

Even still the thought of a knife or small scissors near that rubber suit, iffy iffy iffy. Need to take the utmost time and care rather than "slips, crap! oh my god!"

I'm not sure, I honestly can't remember I'll have to search later on in this thread or you can as well. I remember Dally/cr0w? doing this. I can't remember if it's behind the suit or in the body.

Even still the thought of a knife or small scissors near that rubber suit, iffy iffy iffy. Need to take the utmost time and care rather than "slips, crap! oh my god!"

I actually just searched through the complete image thread and saved these quotes:

cr0w said:
So I swapped capes with Takara's version. There were casualties, though, in the form of the little triangles that held his original cape on. I didn't realize they were all one big piece glued onto the suit until the triangle popped right off the base. I'm not willing to superglue it and risk any of it getting on the suit, so they'll have to stay off.

Alice said:
The cape on the begins suit isn't meant to be removed, technically the clasps have pegs that snap into discs on the inside of the suit, and they can be removed, but its also very likely you'll break the peg trying to do it. When i removed mines cape to replace it one popped out clean the other broke. I wouldn't recommend it if you want to attach it back the way it was.

Magnuz said:
The cape clasps peg into discs on the inside of his suit, if you are careful you can pry these off and pop them out, though you can also likely snap the pegs, either way once they are off the cape can be taken off, but probably not put back on with the clasps if you broke either of them.
Personally i popped both and removed the pegs and glued them to the cowl in the proper spot since where they peg on the figure is to high, and then tuck the cape

Thats wicked. Is there a name for this or make of material. A sticker or anything on the roll?

It would be handy to go into a shop with a name rather than say "do you have any of this black soft spandex material thingymajig" ¬_¬

That would be pretty cool to put over the Tumbler for so much of that.

Thats wicked. Is there a name for this or make of material. A sticker or anything on the roll?

It would be handy to go into a shop with a name rather than say "do you have any of this black soft spandex material thingymajig" ¬_¬

That would be pretty cool to put over the Tumbler for so much of that.

The only name that was on the roll in the store was "stretch", although there were a lot of different kinds that said that (this store was just for fabrics and had two stories ^^). I just went over to a table where they have rests for sale laying on and "felt up" the fabrics :lol. When I found what was about right I asked a lady who worked there if they had the same material in black. She directed me to the right table where I then simply chose the fabric that was best. :eek:

I don't recall seeing this photo by Tin...

BatmanBeginsM3.jpg

Extremely yummy.

The only name that was on the roll in the store was "stretch", although there were a lot of different kinds that said that (this store was just for fabrics and had two stories ^^). I just went over to a table where they have rests for sale laying on and "felt up" the fabrics :lol. When I found what was about right I asked a lady who worked there if they had the same material in black. She directed me to the right table where I then simply chose the fabric that was best. :eek:

Does it come in black? :lol

If you are careful and lucky you can take out those clips without damaging anything. I took mine out and put a custom cape on, then several months later I decided to put the cape it came with back on so I've removed the clips twice without breaking them fortunately.

If you are careful and lucky you can take out those clips without damaging anything. I took mine out and put a custom cape on, then several months later I decided to put the cape it came with back on so I've removed the clips twice without breaking them fortunately.

I removed them yesterday, one came off no problem. I barely even touched the second when it broke clean off. I was planning on attaching them to the cowl anyways, but I still haven't got the broken peg out yet.

man ! I am trying to get one of these figures and there is not many on ebay and the one that is there is so expensive.

I passed on it because I thought TDK costume was going to be the rare one.
I feel deja vu when i passed on predator 2 elder.
DAMMIT !!

I removed them yesterday, one came off no problem. I barely even touched the second when it broke clean off. I was planning on attaching them to the cowl anyways, but I still haven't got the broken peg out yet.

Find something thin enough, peel the suit back a bit, and poke the peg out from the inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back