1/6 Hot Toys -MMS 517- Episode VI ROTJ Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It just sucks that we still don?t have a perfect ROTJ final duel Luke.

Sideshow version has that Michael Shannon head , jolly rancher lightsaber and belt made out of toiler paper.

HT has that silly toothy grin with the missing lip scar and a chest flap that doesn?t do what its supposed to do.

Neither should be bought really lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The two codes quoted are single use only and very old so you may have used them at some stage previously. They also seem to have changed things in recent months where codes don't work if you are already redeeming pennies on the order.

I got it to work today! Saved $23 US. Thank you!

Interesting - neither code has worked for me for days. Tried several times (and with both in-stock and POs.)

Maybe it's to do with if you've ordered from them before or something? Like just for first time buyers? Seems bizarre that a coupon code would work for some but not others.

I have pennies that can provide a greater discount on a single fig anyway, but I'm always baffled by the hows and whys of PC's coupon codes.

I didn't realize there were codes before I ordered. I do have a question on pennies if anyone has preordered from them before. Do you not earn pennies on preorders? When I put it in my cart and go to checkout it says you'll earn 0 pennies.

Interesting - neither code has worked for me for days. Tried several times (and with both in-stock and POs.)

Maybe it's to do with if you've ordered from them before or something? Like just for first time buyers? Seems bizarre that a coupon code would work for some but not others.

I have pennies that can provide a greater discount on a single fig anyway, but I'm always baffled by the hows and whys of PC's coupon codes.

No clue. This was my fourth order with them and I had issues getting it to work last night. I decided to wait and try again today and it worked.

I didn't realize there were codes before I ordered. I do have a question on pennies if anyone has pre-ordered from them before. Do you not earn pennies on preorders? When I put it in my cart and go to checkout it says you'll earn 0 pennies.

Correct you do not get pennies when you place the pre-order, you get them when the item comes into stock and ships.

I also highly recommend writing reviews for each product you buy as it gets you 50 pennies for each one. I have also accidentally posted reviews twice and been giving pennies for each one.

Correct you do not get pennies when you place the pre-order, you get them when the item comes into stock and ships.

I also highly recommend writing reviews for each product you buy as it gets you 50 pennies for each one. I have also accidentally posted reviews twice and been giving pennies for each one.

Ok cool, makes sense you get the pennies later on, but made it seem like you don't get anything for a preorder which would suck lol.

Ok cool, makes sense you get the pennies later on, but made it seem like you don't get anything for a preorder which would suck lol.

I got confused by it as well the first time. Also the site does not show you the penny amount on an in stock item unless you are logged in. Just another little quirk.

Has anyone had this guy move beyond the waiting for international shipment yet?

Yes! Actually mine cleared customs today. It arrived yesterday and cleared customs today so I'm hoping to have it in the next few days. Very excited. Sitting at day 30 right now from my order.

Yes! Actually mine cleared customs today. It arrived yesterday and cleared customs today so I'm hoping to have it in the next few days. Very excited. Sitting at day 30 right now from my order.

Day 30? Hope you didn’t pay for the expedited shipping option on that. Yikes.

Wow, over a month? Where did you order from?

Having now spent some time with this figure, I wanted to share some thoughts. Firstly, above all else, I love this figure. I love the character and am an OT fan. I own the original release with the cloak (which is how I have it displayed) and two of the deluxe version of this release - one with the Endor look, and one in the black jumpsuit, next to my Emperor. I quite like both head and hair sculpts - sure, they're not spot on, but I think they're very good. I think both fist hand sculpts are a bit too small. The omission of a right hand sabre grip is very strange. I love the black jumpsuit look - probably my favourite look for this figure. The white lapel is a bit of a fail - but, Luke only has that in a few scenes. I was primarily looking-forward to this figure for the Endor look, and it is sadly my least favourite look for the figure. The colours and the camo pattern of the cloak don't look movie-accurate to me, and the neck area and hood don't look right either - too tight around the neck, and the cut of the hood doesn't look right somehow. Still, on the shelf, it's clearly Luke in Endor gear, and I'm happy enough. Bring on Leia in Endor gear- and hurry up with Endor Han! :)

This DX is a bit of a mixed bag for sure - I'm unclear why they went with the sandstorm outfit. While I like it and use it, I'm pretty sure 95% of others will never display it.

And yeah the SSC poncho, while a bit on the small side to me, is a much better match to the onscreen color than the HT poncho, and I also like the SSC vest more then the HT version.

I'm not sure if they redid the cut-sew on the outfit for V.2 vs V.1 but the V.2 outfit I got did seem slightly better, but it may have just gotten a better sewing person at the factory.

I quite like the eyes-sideways redo of the V.1 head (and it sold out quickly on TA when parted out,) and LOVE it with the windswept hair. But the toothy head seems to have as many fans as detractors. The fact there's still two in stock at TA - even after the recent 50% off sale - says its definitely got some issues for a few people.

This DX is a bit of a mixed bag for sure - I'm unclear why they went with the sandstorm outfit. While I like it and use it, I'm pretty sure 95% of others will never display it.

And yeah the SSC poncho, while a bit on the small side to me, is a much better match to the onscreen color than the HT poncho, and I also like the SSC vest more then the HT version.

I'm not sure if they redid the cut-sew on the outfit for V.2 vs V.1 but the V.2 outfit I got did seem slightly better, but it may have just gotten a better sewing person at the factory.

I quite like the eyes-sideways redo of the V.1 head (and it sold out quickly on TA when parted out,) and LOVE it with the windswept hair. But the toothy head seems to have as many fans as detractors. The fact there's still two in stock at TA - even after the recent 50% off sale - says its definitely got some issues for a few people.

I kinda wish I had bought another one of those sculpts when they were half off, I had one in my cart but decided "how many of these do I need:lol"

Anyway I am piecing together another Luke, Rancor Pit Luke this time with the newer SSC Jedi sculpt. Should free me up to finally use the Sandstorm gear on another fig.

I kinda wish I had bought another one of those sculpts when they were half off, I had one in my cart but decided "how many of these do I need:lol"

Anyway I am piecing together another Luke, Rancor Pit Luke this time with the newer SSC Jedi sculpt. Should free me up to finally use the Sandstorm gear on another fig.

I used the sandstorm gear on the SSC DX sculpt. The eyes were freaking me out.:lol

The toothy sculpt can look good - in the helmet, with the head tilted down or in harsher lighting (maybe that just hides the teeth a little) it can take on that determined look HT was going for. I still think the head doesn't quite work because HT only redid the bottom half of the V.1 sculpt and the bared teeth doesn't quite look right with the regular eyes/brows/forehead (ie not enough aggressive frown.)

And yeah my loot pile from that TA 50% sale was a beaut-i-ful.:yess: Even if a few things disappeared from my cart as I was trying check out - like Black Friday baby.:lol

Also quite often they forget to add the pennies after the order ships so I always send them an email and remind them :) it?s a good trick, if you do it after a couple of ships you suddenly get a ton of pennies and hey bingo 10% off the next order!

Back