1/6 Hot Toys -MMS 517- Episode VI ROTJ Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think anyone defends the SS piece anymore. I have the SS helmeted head for a kitbashed Endor Luke and someone looking at my collection thought it was a random rebel trooper and not Luke.

:lol Damn, that was one hell of an unintended insult to that figure.

It's crazy that Hot Toys hasn't made X Wing or Snowspeeder Luke yet. I hope the flight suit isn't going to be pink. Might be a Disney retcon though.

I'm shocked too. I'd buy either version. The SS X-Wing suit is more than I want to pay and HT one should be better if they ever get around to it. But looking at their release schedule... and the delays... we are talking 4th Quarter 2021 to 2022 if they don't announce soon. Long wait.

A quick pic of the original release (left) and the deluxe (right).

1b555a8bfc29d44d1dfba65abf3bdd47.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I currently own the original release and the deluxe set. Which gets me a real good Jedi look (deluxe body w/ V1 head sculpt) and Endor look (V1 body, with poncho, and neutral V2 head sculpt).

Question for the Luke experts out there:

If I wanted to add the sail barge look, what version do I purchase? Original, Endor, or another deluxe?

I'm leaning toward the Endor or deluxe solely to not have to deal with the fat suit and because I'd likely be able to sell the endor accessories that I am not using on the third figure.

I look forward to hearing your suggestions.

I currently own the original release and the deluxe set. Which gets me a real good Jedi look (deluxe body w/ V1 head sculpt) and Endor look (V1 body, with poncho, and neutral V2 head sculpt).

Question for the Luke experts out there:

If I wanted to add the sail barge look, what version do I purchase? Original, Endor, or another deluxe?

I'm leaning toward the Endor or deluxe solely to not have to deal with the fat suit and because I'd likely be able to sell the endor accessories that I am not using on the third figure.

I look forward to hearing your suggestions.

Deluxe is the only one with the wind swept hair, no? If so, that would probably be your best bet. I love the deluxe extras, especially the V2 hilt.

Yeah the regular Endor Luke does not come with the windswept hair.

Yup you are both correct. Fortunately I already have the deluxe set so would be using that hair regardless of what variant I get. More just wondering if the V1 body with the vest looks that much worse than the V2 body also with the sail badge vest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

V1 looks terrible with the vest. V1 looks great with cloak from jabba?s Palace or Endor poncho. WAy too chunky. The v2 with the vest looks great.

Just bought this guy. $160 total after store credit. BBTS only had 5 in stock when I bought 10 minutes ago. They are down to only one now. Had 10+ available days back. Big run on this guy these last few days.

I also grabbed one when I saw the stock reach 8. I've been moving and didnt want it to ship to the wrong address. Its sold out now at bbts

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thinking of going for the V2 standard now that I saw it comes with a vest. On the fence between that Luke and Crait Luke... can anybody with both convince me? I can only get one. I heard the sculpt on the Crait isn't perfect..

Went with the V2 Standard Endor figure! I can wait on a sale for Crait Luke. It came down to which is the more iconic version of him. You just can't beat the final duel with Vader and the Emperor (already have Vader and Emperor is coming in May). And I also realized I don't have a green lightsaber wielder in my collection yet.

I won't have him for a few months because of flex pay, but I'm patient.

Hey guys.

Does 300€ is a good price for this Deluxe Luke brand new ?

Sell the standard version earlier and regret it, I'm affraid to never find him again at a decent price in the futur.

Thanks !

Hey guys.

Does 300? is a good price for this Deluxe Luke brand new ?

Sell the standard version earlier and regret it, I'm affraid to never find him again at a decent price in the futur.

Thanks !
Yes, I'd say so. It went to waitlist on SS, and that converting can be hit or miss.

I’d be content with the standard, but I do want the alternate sculpt with the wind blown hair. Don’t really care about the sandstorm gear and the battle damaged hand I have from the first release.

Hey guys.

Does 300? is a good price for this Deluxe Luke brand new ?

Thanks !
Its sold out on bbts now and I have not heard of alot of the SS ones actually converting. 300 is about 324 usd and I paid close to that with shipping amd tax. I'd grab it while you can mine just arrived today.

I’d be content with the standard, but I do want the alternate sculpt with the wind blown hair. Don’t really care about the sandstorm gear and the battle damaged hand I have from the first release.

Thanks guys, I pulled the trigger. :)

I can't found a standard version for this price. The downside for me is I didn't know the deluxe have not the "relaxing" HS from the standard one's... Not a big deal anyway. Waiting for my Palpatine and I'm good for a while.

I think the sand gear Luke will pair very nicely with SS Mythos Obi, together with the upcoming HT Jawa/Power droid set.

Back