1/6 Hot Toys -MMS 517- Episode VI ROTJ Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree. I?m contemplating on getting another body so I can use the robe. But that would then put me at 3 ROTJ Luke?s.

That?s where I?m at at the moment too. I have the original and the V2 deluxe. For Endor and DS2 ..... but kinda now want one for Jabba?s palace/barge but not really sure I need three ROTJ Luke?s in the collection haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One thing about the Endor robe that bothers me is that it?s too high and bunched up around the neck area. Will be interesting to see if anyone does a custom fix

Is the main belt a bit short for anyone else? It's a struggle to get it on with the vest and vest sash under it.

I think I finally settled on a place for sideways eyes sculpt. It looks best on a Death Star 2 luke, when he is hanging with the emperor. While my wife was out of the house, I posed and reposed my luke figures, swapping heads and hands, and feeling like an idiot for having multiples of the same figure. Then I looked at my display and tried to figure out where to put wicket, Endor leia, and general leia.

No regrets at all about waiting for this version of the figure. It was an instant favourite from the moment I removed it from the packaging. The windswept hair improves it so much.

luke 2.jpeg

My figure finally came through last night. Looks so much better in real life. Had my reservations about both the new headsculps (I sold the first version for this) and windswept hair but all the pieces look outstanding. Really happy with it. The sideways glance works way better than I'd anticipated.

Is the main belt a bit short for anyone else? It's a struggle to get it on with the vest and vest sash under it.

I noticed this with my MMS429 figure. It came with the belt on over the vest and sash, but when I removed all of that and then tried to put the belt back over the sash with the vest on, it was a pretty tight squeeze and wouldn’t reach the Velcro ends.

Granted I didn’t try and adjust anything to accommodate it because I didn’t want it on anyway.

The heads are two different heights. The DX7 head has an extra neck piece at the bottom to attach it to the body whereas the Jedi head is flat with a different connector making it shorter. You might need to add something to the bottom in order to make it look right.

Thanks for the pics. Wow the HT ROTJ sculpt looks way better than the ESB one. Ever try switching the hair pieces for kicks? I?m probably sure it wouldn?t fit

No. It won?t fit. I tried. You?d have to do serious modification to the head or the hair to make it Good Morning!!! fit bit I?ve seen someone on these boards do it. I can?t remember if it was in the Jedi Luke thread or the Bespin.

Maybe, thinking down the road HT will do a Scout Trooper and I'll put Luke and Leia on one and him on the other OR I may save Leia for a Endor Han with the trench coat when he come out 10 years from now.

I remember reading a while ago that the old Hasbro speeder isn't half bad for the price, anyone have any experience with them?

Back