1/6 Hot Toys -MMS 517- Episode VI ROTJ Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Deluxe Luke (and Bespin Leia) arrived this morning.

Can't say I see much difference in the quality of the paintwork between this and the first HT ROTJ Luke. They all look very good.

The lesser padding and tighter tailoring makes the second version better for the Death Star look. The tunic flap still doesn't function very well as the wire prevents it from laying flat - it would need a second magnet to keep it flat to the chest - but he does start out those scenes with it closed.

I'm keeping my first version with the cloak on, pointing the pistol at Jabba. The basic 2.0 will be for the Death Star.

The Endor parts will be going onto the QMx Picard body, which is an ideal option for this Luke due to the nature of the sculpts. I'm pretty sure QMx (or rather Nanjin) used the Ganghood 2.0 Asian Muscle Body (designed for Bruce Lee), but cut off the rubber neck so that the necked sculpt would plug directly to the inner peg without requiring the cup joint that's usually plugged into the bottom of necked sculpts.

Both Picard and the 2.0 Luke sculpts were designed to be used without that cup joint.

With the poncho on clothing is simple, since it's only black shirt sleeves and leggings showing.

Because of my familiarity with the original Kenner figure I always imagined that Luke wasn't wearing the vest under the poncho, then it dawned on me that it must've been there all the time since he'd been wearing it during the briefing.

Luke ROTJ.jpg

I will probably end up with 4 as well and I will never use the wind swept hair. Does not do the sculpt any justice. Maybe better in hand?

Look at the hamill pic above and that photo. Deluxe nails his body shape. My v1 is definitely more chunky by a lot. Hurry up ss and get this in.

Has anyone tried putting the first Luke release on the Sideshow Speeder Bike? I?ll be able to try next week when I receive mine.

I have the Sideshow scout and the speeder bike. And now have the V2 Luke. I haven?t attempted to put Luke on the bike yet, simply because I fear that the ?all in one? head/neck sculpt won?t allow him to recreate the film (looking upwards). Similarly, with my scout, in order to have things look right, I had to Dremel his inner thighs to make them appear to sit right on the bike. The way flesh reacts to solid material versus hard plastic. I swear I?ll post pics soon lol!

Yeah the solid neck is the biggest problem I see with having Luke on the bike. Which is why I was always leaning more towards displaying Endor Leia on there instead, since there would be no issue with angling her head upward.

Wow I was planning on selling these parts and now I?m second guessing it after seeing this picture. Good job

I urge anyone that gets this set not to sell any of the pieces , this should have been combined as a real DX with the first release (which I also own) and it would have been the ultimate set , and thank you !

So after chatting to SS Customer Service and being told my order isnt shipping till their next batch (which they also said they have no idea when that will be) I bit the bullet and ordered one off Ebay that was "in stock" in CA. With the SS shipping cost it equaled out to be the same as what I was going to be paying from Sideshow. So I ate the NRD. Shipped yesterday. Should be here early next week....vs who knows when...

Anyone else still waiting for theirs through SS?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Those who already got Endor Deluxe on hand and the previously ROTJ version, could you tell is there really difference in the headscuplt? Does Endor version grit teeth & look sideway headscupt weird in hand?

I urge anyone that gets this set not to sell any of the pieces , this should have been combined as a real DX with the first release (which I also own) and it would have been the ultimate set , and thank you !

I agree with you, viewing the two releases as a DX is a great way to look at these. I will have two of each. It's really just too bad the tailoring isn't as sleek on the V1. You take terrific pictures by the way!!!

Those who already got Endor Deluxe on hand and the previously ROTJ version, could you tell is there really difference in the headscuplt?

I couldn't detect any difference in quality at all with the heads held next to each other.

cherng said:
Does Endor version grit teeth & look sideway headscupt weird in hand?

The sideways looking sculpt might be problematic depending what you want Luke to be doing - as in it wouldn't be any good if you were trying to use it for pointing the blaster at Jabba, which is how I have the original version displayed.

I used it for the Death Star scene, and it makes Luke look a little edgy in the presence of Vader and the Emperor.

The teeth sculpt looks fine with the helmet, and it's a look Luke gives several times on Endor, as when hiding from the Scout Troopers:

star-wars6-movie-screencaps.com-6693.jpg

I couldn't detect any difference in quality at all with the heads held next to each other.

The sideways looking sculpt might be problematic depending what you want Luke to be doing - as in it wouldn't be any good if you were trying to use it for pointing the blaster at Jabba, which is how I have the original version displayed.

I used it for the Death Star scene, and it makes Luke look a little edgy in the presence of Vader and the Emperor.

The teeth sculpt looks fine with the helmet, and it's a look Luke gives several times on Endor, as when hiding from the Scout Troopers:

Thanks Asta, your reply is useful.
I am much prefer with Luke's fighting with Darth Vader, instead of fighting in Jungle.
I would only consider to purchase the Endor Luke if there is an improvement on the headscupt, wanted to enhance the fighting with Darth Vader.
If there is no improvement between headscuplt of V1 Luke and V2 Endor Luke, then I should not buy the Endor Luke.

Thanks Asta, your reply is useful.
I am much prefer with Luke's fighting with Darth Vader, instead of fighting in Jungle.
I would only consider to purchase the Endor Luke if there is an improvement on the headscupt, wanted to enhance the fighting with Darth Vader.
If there is no improvement between headscuplt of V1 Luke and V2 Endor Luke, then I should not buy the Endor Luke.

There's a caveat that some customers do say there's a difference, and the issue could be different batches of the original. Having previously read comments here I was expecting the Luke 2.0 sculpts to make the Luke 1.0 inferior.

Mine was likely a later batch as it came from KG Hobby as they're often late getting their HT supply, and I can't see any improvement with the 2.0 - they both look great.

yes he does!

Review_BattleForEndor_stillA.jpg

a779b2193e203c3feb303bdc575f73c7.jpg

Back