1/6 Hot Toys -MMS 517- Episode VI ROTJ Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No no no no. You might be getting the deluxe Sideshow figure mixed in there (since you mentioned the discount).

There?s three Hot Toys ROTJ releases. V1 is Luke ROTJ (MMS429) and you can have the Jabba?s palace look and the DSII look but might look a bit puffy in the chest. Eyes look forward here.

Then the new V2 is split up into two releases ? the regular is the Endor Luke (MMS516) with the gritted teeth sculpt only, or the Deluxe (MMS517) has the Endor gear, plus it comes with the sandstorm gear and the tunic that Luke wears at Jabba?s palace, and it has two sculpts the gritted teeth one and the same sculpt as the original MMS429 head but the eyes are off to the side. Just make sure it?s Hot Toys whichever one you go with.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No no no no. You might be getting the deluxe Sideshow figure mixed in there (since you mentioned the discount).

There?s three Hot Toys ROTJ releases. V1 is Luke ROTJ (MMS429) and you can have the Jabba?s palace look and the DSII look but might look a bit puffy in the chest. Eyes look forward here.

Then the new V2 is split up into two releases ? the regular is the Endor Luke (MMS516) with the gritted teeth sculpt only, or the Deluxe (MMS517) has the Endor gear, plus it comes with the sandstorm gear and the tunic that Luke wears at Jabba?s palace, and it has two sculpts the gritted teeth one and the same sculpt as the original MMS429 head but the eyes are off to the side. Just make sure it?s Hot Toys whichever one you go with.

I didn't mix them up, the regular Hot Toys version is $20 off on Sideshow.

Such an awesome photo and display Craig! I have the Speeder Bike on PO and I?m really looking forward to getting it. Just need Hot Toys to make a Biker Scout now

I didn't mix them up, the regular Hot Toys version is $20 off on Sideshow.

Okay, you threw me off since you said the discounted v2. The discounted HT one is their first ROTJ Luke as mentioned, so the v1.

Edited for typo and annoying question marks

Last edited:
Such an awesome photo and display Craig! I have the Speeder Bike on PO and I?m really looking forward to getting it. Just need Hot Toys to make a Biker Scout now

Thanks!

It is really amazing. I thought it was 'cool', but in hand it is just amazing. You'll love it.

PS'd saber

414359711.jpg

top notch!

Needs to be posted again.

I think some people are saying though there might be a V1 and a V2 of the initial MMS429 release, as there’s apparently some that look a bit bulky due to the fat suit, and then others of it where he’s recognizably slimmer. Some people are speculating that the bulkier ones might be early releases of MMS429, and the slimmer ones are later releases of it.

I have the original version and been debating on getting this as I like the new head sculpts. Is it a big improvement? Obviously better paint on the sculpts and not bulky like the first edition. If I get this then I would get the speeder bike from sideshow and use my old luke for the speeder bike chase look.

I have the original version and been debating on getting this as I like the new head sculpts. Is it a big improvement? Obviously better paint on the sculpts and not bulky like the first edition. If I get this then I would get the speeder bike from sideshow and use my old luke for the speeder bike chase look.

I bought the Jedi Luke when it first came out, now I'm extremely comtemplating of buying this Deluxe version as well.

Yea I?m debating. But like I said I would use the old one for the speeder bike but trying to find if the bike it worth it too as well

I?ve got the Speeder Bike on the way now, but I actually think the first release Luke might have a harder time sitting on the bike, at least compared to this Endor Luke. My Deluxe Endor has better range of motion in the hips than the first release. Either the material is stretchier or the legs are skinner, allowing for more room to move upwards and sideways.

Has anyone tried putting the first Luke release on the Sideshow Speeder Bike? I?ll be able to try next week when I receive mine.

I?ve got the Speeder Bike on the way now, but I actually think the first release Luke might have a harder time sitting on the bike, at least compared to this Endor Luke. My Deluxe Endor has better range of motion in the hips than the first release. Either the material is stretchier or the legs are skinner, allowing for more room to move upwards and sideways.

Has anyone tried putting the first Luke release on the Sideshow Speeder Bike? I?ll be able to try next week when I receive mine.

I look forward to seeing pics of that when you get the speeder in. I thought about getting just the Endor version alone but the second head and hair and the v2 saber is hard not to get.

Finally picked up my deluxe from the UPS store. Did some swapping with parts from my other Lukes.
f25d0b7a5bb6aae5917e25b7bb019da2.jpg
88929892705e8189a3068cf0509ac60c.plist
07fc52cc42590dbfff16c799aa82fb0e.jpg
ef244fa0da2487504111f9bdf0042bd1.plist

Finally picked up my deluxe from the UPS store. Did some swapping with parts from my other Lukes.
f25d0b7a5bb6aae5917e25b7bb019da2.jpg
88929892705e8189a3068cf0509ac60c.plist
07fc52cc42590dbfff16c799aa82fb0e.jpg
ef244fa0da2487504111f9bdf0042bd1.plist

Looks good! I'm going to be at four Jedi Lukes as well once I get the Deluxe in [emoji1][emoji1] same versions too![emoji1303][emoji482][emoji482]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back