1/6 Hot Toys -MMS 517- Episode VI ROTJ Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just canceled my order with Sideshow and re-ordered through toys Wonderland. These delays are just getting ridiculous. Ended paying about the same.

Same here. Did you do the upgraded shipping or the regular? I'm pretty excited and now wondering when it will arrive. I have no issue with Sideshow, but while the figure is seeing it's way out into the public, the fact that they already moved my Dec 5 payment to Jan 5 was finally enough for me. I'll lose the Sideshow points, but whatever. At the rate things have been going, I'll most likely not use them again anyway.

Same here. Did you do the upgraded shipping or the regular? I'm pretty excited and now wondering when it will arrive. I have no issue with Sideshow, but while the figure is seeing it's way out into the public, the fact that they already moved my Dec 5 payment to Jan 5 was finally enough for me. I'll lose the Sideshow points, but whatever. At the rate things have been going, I'll most likely not use them again anyway.

The shipping upgrade would have set me above $300 so I went with the default shipping. If this ends up as a positive buying experience I may use them instead of SS too.

I’m feeling kind of the same way. I’ve never had a bad experience with Sideshow, however the NRD on everything now is kind of a deterrent, especially since there has been a good bit of variation (and sometimes none, to Hot Toys detriment) from proto to production. Not that preordering is necessary like it used to be anymore. But . . . if I can end up paying less or the same and have something before even Sideshow starts shipping, this seems like a better option for me. Plus I’d rather just save the money up front than receive it in reward points.

As someone who already has V1 and truly only wants this one for its endor gear to put on V1, do i NEED the deluxe version or is the Hot toys Endor Luke perfect for it? Do i just have to remove the poncho for the black undershirt like in the throne room? Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As someone who already has V1 and truly only wants this one for its endor gear to put on V1, do i NEED the deluxe version or is the Hot toys Endor Luke perfect for it? Do i just have to remove the poncho for the black undershirt like in the throne room? Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deluxe version includes the extra headsculpt and hairpiece, tatooine scarf and goggles, and throne room lightsaber. So if you get the regular edition just for the endor parts you?ll be good.

Yeah I'm only getting the regular Endor Luke, as between that and the first figure I already get 4 different looks from the movie. The sandstorm look is cool but not something I'd want to display over any of the others, and the sculpt with eyes looking to the side just looks weird and creepy. Lol

Nice shots! The sculpt may look weird and off in any other context, but it looks fantastic to me with the helmet on, which is the only way I was ever planning to display it.

Yeah, to me it has a Ben Shapiro mid-speech vibe in some contexts, but with the right lighting it does have a nice determined/battling look. You're right that it looks best with the helmet on, and also looking down. They overdid the teeth but you can see what they were going for with the helmet on.

I'll be picking up the new Sideshow Rancor, the gritted teeth sculpt will look terrific with Luke standing against the monster, bone in hand.

So that new Rancor is maybe 1/8 scale? Looks like it'll almost work for 1/6, but not quite - then again, a 1/6 Rancor would probably be at least another 12" taller so too big to display.

Toys Wonderland shipped my two deluxe Luke's today. Sort of sad/strange that hot toys was still a month and a half behind getting these out.

So that new Rancor is maybe 1/8 scale? Looks like it'll almost work for 1/6, but not quite - then again, a 1/6 Rancor would probably be at least another 12" taller so too big to display.

I haven't researched or done calculations myself but others have stated it's 1/7 scale, just a tick below 1/6. My feeling is it will work alright with Luke if he is in a crouched stance looking up like in the below pic. If it looks off I'll just display the Rancor alone.

As for the Rancor, I want it to be displayed near the Sideshow Jabba. You can certainly nitpick some accuracy issues but I don't think anything like it will ever be offered again 1/6ish.
155440af7cd1b6fe08ce88f7e42e217e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

I just got mine from Toys Wonderland, who I will definitely be using for most if not all of my future Hot Toys purchases.

My first thought opening this and checking it out . . . WOW. THIS is how I wanted to feel when I opened my original release, and how that figure should’ve been done. The difference in the paint app on the original sculpt is pretty striking, and the new sculpt with the bared teeth, which looks pretty goofy in the proto pics, is actually pretty amazing, and I generally hate Hot Toys’ new found love for toothy sculpts. The wind-swept hair sculpt also looks far better than the proto pics. I paired the windy hair with the toothy sculpt and I think he looks absolutely amazing.

Body-wise, this release really buries the original. When looking at them side by side the difference is night and day, and WAY more pronounced than you can see in Justin’s review. The original looks kind of doughy and sloppy in comparison. This new one looks slim and trim, just as it should. The old one now really reminds me of the 12” figures DC did which were all kind of puffy.

As far as the outfits go I didn’t delve too deeply into them as I’m going to be displaying mine in the DS2 look, but everything is quite well done. I appreciate the inclusion of the V2 saber and that’s what I went with for mine.

Anybody who loves Luke Skywalker and is on the fence about replacing your original, just do it. You’ll be glad you did. This version gave me the feeling of excitement I so wanted to feel when the original was released. Not that that figure is AWFUL, but . . . In comparison, there really is no comparison.

I ordered one from TW myself last week. Still waiting for it to arrive. This post makes me feel better about spending the dough on myself so close to Xmas.

Can anyone clarify on the key differences being mentioned between this figure and the original release, namely the body and the actual tailored suit.

From what I can see, fat suit removed, it's the same body. As for his costume, well, I removed the fat suit on the original figure for a while, and the tailoring fit on the v2 looks about the same as how it looked on the v1 after the fat suit was removed (looking at the shoulder seam for example). Has hot toys actually re-tailored the costume?

Can anyone offer some clarification as to whether these things have actually been changed, or are we just fundamentally looking at a figure with the fat suit removed (an incredibly simple mod)?

I'm considering re-buying a parted out outfit if the fit has indeed changed, but I'm not convinced that it isn't exactly the same outfit.....certainly nothing that I have seen in the reviews or pictures seem to suggest that it is.

Thanks!

Mine arrives in the US on Friday from TW. I can't see myself using Sideshow's site again. Best case scenario from Sideshow would be final payment being taken January 5, 2020. But since I'd received 4 other "final payment adjustment" emails already, I am not sure even that would have started the process of shipping my figure.

Back