1/6 Hot Toys -MMS 517- Episode VI ROTJ Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20191121_054442.jpg

Is it the same fabric as the v1? I'm wondering whether to pick up just the top or gets the pants as well.

Look like it did before to me...
Still lackluster IMO

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Did you have the V1? If so does the flap lay better on this one?

That hair sculpt, while not a perfect rendition of the wind swept look, is SO much better.

The flap doesn't lay flat against the chest.
It's not a perfect rendition but it is what it is when compared to pics from the movie.

The fatsuit-free body from V2 is definitely an improvement. Will try to hunt that body down from ebay some day.

Although I must say that my V1 body doesn't look as fat as in Justin's video (my subjective opinion).

Did some futzing with my ROTJ V1 Luke, it’s a horrendous thing to pose with the fat suit on. Glad HT removed it for you new buyers, also seem to have a better head sculpt overall. Still not digging the lack of gloved hands though.

One thing with the belt though, why does it have a hole on the right side of the buckle? Thought I had lost a metal piece/ring, but it seems to be screen accurate to only have a hole. Maybe for adjusting the waist...?

At least you didn?t buy the V1 a week before preorder went up for V2 :slap

Yeah the timing of this one really felt like a middle finger from Hot Toys. It wasn’t so bad at first, at least for me, because I was fine with the original sculpt and I’ll never display him with the Endor outfit or the desert gear. I figured I’d just buy the hair separately and that’d be that. Now for those that would utilize the accessories . . . if I were them I’d be a little pissed if I had JUST bought the first release, especially since, if they included the cloak, you’d have a pretty sweet total package that encompasses Luke in all of ROTJ.

But then the real crappy thing (depending on your perspective) is that they fixed all the problems with the first release for this one. I mean it’s cool that maybe that was due to input from people who bought the first release, and if so it’s cool that Hot Toys took that criticism into account, but at the same time . . . Would it have been that hard just to do it right the first time and just make it one deluxe figure that checks all the boxes? And maybe release a separate Endor and/or Jedi look? I dunno . . . If they hadn’t announced it literally RIGHT as people were getting their originals shipped, that drink would’ve gone down a little smoother.

I’m sure that’s all been said 100x somewhere in this thread lol

Last edited:
Back