1/6 Hot Toys -MMS 517- Episode VI ROTJ Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re. the double dip, I have a feeling Howard is just following the Kenner releases of Luke (from the OT).
IIRC, Bespin Luke was the first Star Wars offering as that was his favourite figure when he was growing up. 'Hopefully' this means we will almost certainly see a Hoth and X-Wing Luke released by Hot Toys.

Anyway, as I type this - my Deluxe has just been delivered!! I'll open and post pics later... :)

Wow...mine just delayed to January 5 from Sideshow. I'm debating cancelling and ordering elsewhere. 5 or 6 delays is enough for me.

Wow...mine just delayed to January 5 from Sideshow. I'm debating cancelling and ordering elsewhere. 5 or 6 delays is enough for me.

Nobody else has it though, unless you order from a Hong Kong seller. It's not really Sideshow's fault, it's Hot Toys. Sideshow just waits for the shipment to arrive at the port and slaps on a sticker with your address. If you switch to a different retailer in North America you will almost surely wait even longer.

This is the Luke we needed in the first place...normal look with windswept hair. V2 body is on its way. The sculpts are really identical. The new version has a slightly darker paint app. 20191122_150111.jpg20191122_150546.jpg20191122_152449.jpg

Justin's channel had recommended toys wonderland and I believe when all is said and done it's actually slightly cheaper and I believe they do have it in stock and it's not too awful to get shipped to the United States

Does any retailer/seller offer Sideshow level part replacement. I am sure many are excellent at customer service, but again most ask buyer to return the figure for full replacement. Considering high overseas shipping costs, this may not be viable to some. On the other hand, SSC just asks for photo of defective part.

Here are some quick, out of the box, minimal futzing pics. Gotta say, I really like it :)

IMG_2452.jpg
IMG_2454.jpg
IMG_2455.jpg
IMG_2456.jpg
IMG_2457.jpg

I just canceled my order with Sideshow and re-ordered through toys Wonderland. These delays are just getting ridiculous. Ended paying about the same.

Just cancelled my Sideshow orders and reordered through Toys Wonderland. 4-6 days expected delivery and right around the same price. Bumping me again all to way into January was just the last of my patience.

The new figure looks great and I may get it as well. Luke is a favorite but I do still love the original release as well. Batman begins gloves hands fit these guys as well so you can have lightsaber holding hands without switching arms.8D32FAD9-39D5-4E4E-A73C-9A103FCA5B6F.jpg24D69A89-2543-4286-B855-AC6E276A5B7D.jpg

This looks much better than V1 to me. I'll put this on my radar after I pay off Kylo and QS Vader.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nice shots! The sculpt may look weird and off in any other context, but it looks fantastic to me with the helmet on, which is the only way I was ever planning to display it.

Thanks - and yes - the sculpt really does work well with the helmet and with the figure in a dynamic pose. It's one of those which is better in hand than most pics convey.

Nice shots! The sculpt may look weird and off in any other context, but it looks fantastic to me with the helmet on, which is the only way I was ever planning to display it.

I'll be picking up the new Sideshow Rancor, the gritted teeth sculpt will look terrific with Luke standing against the monster, bone in hand.

I may have to pick up a second ss speeder bike now, awesome pics. Can?t wait for this to ship. The sculpt seems to work with the helmet on, so I?ll go with that. When he finally arrives, I will put the Endor gear on chubby luke and use slim luke as Death Star 2 luke.

Back