1/6 Hot Toys -MMS 517- Episode VI ROTJ Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome display!!
Boxes on display with their respective figures looks beautiful.
Cloaked Luke is always my fav!!
Such a badass entrance through the thr Palace and then finally,pulling back the hood for the reveal!!!
"You'll bring Captain Solo and the Wookiee to me!"
Goosebumps stuff!!

Yeah, I liked the windswept hair look for the barge pose much more than I thought I would, and may be the only person on the planet to be planning to display the sandstorm Luke figure.

Yeah, I liked the windswept hair look for the barge pose much more than I thought I would, and may be the only person on the planet to be planning to display the sandstorm Luke figure.

Nope. I've got two. One displayed with the windswept hair on the barge and another with the awesome looking sandstorm gear. You will be at least one of two.

My first pose was the barge outfit with the windswept hair, then I briefly switched over to the sandstorm outfit (it's a cool look that's about 40% why I bought the deluxe edition, but I couldn't get it to fit in with anything else in my display). Currently, I have mine in the throne room outfit (with the windswept hair) since it's more iconic but would love to switch back.

So one of 2.5?

Nope. I've got two. One displayed with the windswept hair on the barge and another with the awesome looking sandstorm gear. You will be at least one of two.

My first pose was the barge outfit with the windswept hair, then I briefly switched over to the sandstorm outfit (it's a cool look that's about 40% why I bought the deluxe edition, but I couldn't get it to fit in with anything else in my display). Currently, I have mine in the throne room outfit (with the windswept hair) since it's more iconic but would love to switch back.

So one of 2.5?

An exclusive club!:yess::hi5::lol

I purchased a second MMS 517 body off eBay to use the 2nd head sculpt that came with the deluxe set.
Sail Barge Luke is MMS 517
Endor Luke is MMS 429 with Endor gear
Death Star II Luke is MMS 517

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_2927.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_2927.jpg
    330 KB · Views: 256
  • fullsizeoutput_292b.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_292b.jpg
    414.6 KB · Views: 260
  • fullsizeoutput_292d.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_292d.jpg
    393.5 KB · Views: 258
  • fullsizeoutput_292f.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_292f.jpg
    274.3 KB · Views: 261
1. Which body could I buy to make a second Luke? Would this one work https://www.kghobby.com/zc-toys-1-6...r-nude-action-figure-body-one-torso-version/?

2. What did you use for the extra clothes/boots for the second body?

Thanks!

That body might be too muscular especially in the arms. Not sure on the height either. Generally you need a slim body for Luke. Most people either got another Luke Body with Clothes or some had a Yunsil set but that was on the expensive side and was a very limited run.

I?m trying to find a seamless body for training luke with Yoda. Anybody have any recommendations on which body is most suitable?

Great question. There are several options and none seem to be perfect. Either in height, body type, proportions, or skin tone.

I picked up an Enterbay Game of Death body a while back and used it for my custom Dagobah training Luke. It has a rubberized body and neck which isn?t as important I think as the rubber arms. To accommodate the DX-07 head and neck I had to cut away the neck on the body enough so the tank top would cover the seam. I also cut the ankles to shorten him a bit.
cd6372301a9d497e3a99744fde523e9b.jpg

2687dc68ce0d024107f0948c1702f857.jpg

I?ve seen several others I wouldn?t mind trying but I?m not sure of the height, proportions, or skin tones. If you wanted to go for a jointed body there are also several options out there but I feel like a Bruce lee body fits Luke?s proportions as Lee was also pretty short. Here are some I found that are in my list to try.
4001c5be329c71f05d9f1a9263fe66a4.png

5a73fda1096d3a46cbffecfe33db5a1c.png

4acc0cd7a2300dd8e8bb8fb6034d1353.png

855be7068b1bc3ef66239dcaab576f7c.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That body might be too muscular especially in the arms. Not sure on the height either. Generally you need a slim body for Luke. Most people either got another Luke Body with Clothes or some had a Yunsil set but that was on the expensive side and was a very limited run.

Yeah, not sure what I was thinking regarding that muscular body....

1. Do not see any Luke bodies on ebay right now, is there somewhere else to look?
2. Are you referring to an old Sideshow Yunsi Luke? If I bought one of those could I use the SS Yunsi body with the HT head sculpt? And, is there a specific one to look for or did they only release one?

Thanks.

Great question. There are several options and none seem to be perfect. Either in height, body type, proportions, or skin tone.

I picked up an Enterbay Game of Death body a while back and used it for my custom Dagobah training Luke. It has a rubberized body and neck which isn?t as important I think as the rubber arms. To accommodate the DX-07 head and neck I had to cut away the neck on the body enough so the tank top would cover the seam. I also cut the ankles to shorten him a bit.
cd6372301a9d497e3a99744fde523e9b.jpg

2687dc68ce0d024107f0948c1702f857.jpg

I?ve seen several others I wouldn?t mind trying but I?m not sure of the height, proportions, or skin tones. If you wanted to go for a jointed body there are also several options out there but I feel like a Bruce lee body fits Luke?s proportions as Lee was also pretty short. Here are some I found that are in my list to try.
4001c5be329c71f05d9f1a9263fe66a4.png

5a73fda1096d3a46cbffecfe33db5a1c.png

4acc0cd7a2300dd8e8bb8fb6034d1353.png

855be7068b1bc3ef66239dcaab576f7c.png

Nice! Looks pretty good, but some of those kinda look too muscular for Luke. Where’d you get that backpack from? Wonder if the EB body is still easily obtainable, I’m gonna check. Thanks!

Nice! Looks pretty good, but some of those kinda look too muscular for Luke. Where?d you get that backpack from? Wonder if the EB body is still easily obtainable, I?m gonna check. Thanks!

The backpack is from the Hasbro 12 inch Walmart exclusive Luke and Yoda two pack. Rubber bag but fabric straps.
ce5025be48928fb1f36e8e86d4df9836.jpg

Finally got on the wait list for this piece. Thank you to whoever cancelled [emoji56]

Sent from a point in space and time.

Back